news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 07-10-2005, 02:44 PM   #31
wubanga99
CHICKEN HEAD

wubanga99 grasshopper
Default Re: 36 Chambers:Best Wu-Tang album, but in hip hop...?

Dont get me wrong...36 is one of the greatest hip hop albums ever...but yes, there are a couple other contenders like Illmatic, Reasonalble Doubt, Ready 2 Die, etc, etc. But Im not sure how anyone in there right mind could actually think that 36 is a better album than the double disc LP Wu-Tang Forever! Forever was the hottest, most rawest, truest and purest form of that kung-fu, shaolin, lyrical perfection feel that the clan has ever....put out. I think any really "TRUE" wu head, would agree with me here. I mean come on...a double disc, with over 10+ classic tracks on each freakin disc man. Man that dont happen with any camp. EVER! That album will be the rock and the standard for the clan and hip hop for a very, very long time. And I dont like saying that this is just my opinion. I honestly feel that this is a fact. This album left no holes, left nothing left for you to say, or to doubt about the clan. Each memeber was brilliant and in the peak of their career...even though most of the clan is still keepin it real...I would be shocked if they could ever do again like they did on forever.

This album cannot be touched by anything the hip hop game has ever seen.

One...
wubanga99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #32
bringoutthegimp
The Don Bishop

bringoutthegimp grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubanga99
I think any really "TRUE" wu head, would agree with me here.
no

In the ways of the world today
It's so easy for us to stray away
Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
Material things keep us blind
bringoutthegimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:10 PM   #33
diePukey
MC Killa

diePukey grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubanga99
Dont get me wrong...36 is one of the greatest hip hop albums ever...but yes, there are a couple other contenders like Illmatic, Reasonalble Doubt, Ready 2 Die, etc, etc. But Im not sure how anyone in there right mind could actually think that 36 is a better album than the double disc LP Wu-Tang Forever! Forever was the hottest, most rawest, truest and purest form of that kung-fu, shaolin, lyrical perfection feel that the clan has ever....put out. I think any really "TRUE" wu head, would agree with me here. I mean come on...a double disc, with over 10+ classic tracks on each freakin disc man. Man that dont happen with any camp. EVER! That album will be the rock and the standard for the clan and hip hop for a very, very long time. And I dont like saying that this is just my opinion. I honestly feel that this is a fact. This album left no holes, left nothing left for you to say, or to doubt about the clan. Each memeber was brilliant and in the peak of their career...even though most of the clan is still keepin it real...I would be shocked if they could ever do again like they did on forever.

This album cannot be touched by anything the hip hop game has ever seen.

One...
U got that right Forever's the greatest album ever. You cant fuck with it.

diePukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:10 PM   #34
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

Just becasue someone likes 36 Chambers more than Forever doesnt mean they aren't a "TRUE" wu head. I feel Forever has some weaker moments that 36 Chambers doesnt have.

I hate all this force your opinion on everyone bullshit.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:53 PM   #35
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

^^hey man you're missin return to 36 chambers in your sig.

i agree with wu banga that no crew will be able to match that group effort. best hiphop group album BAR NONE...

but if people disagree...whatever.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:59 PM   #36
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Wu-Tang Forever will always be the greatest album to me
Old 07-10-2005, 06:06 PM   #37
BoSaNCeRoS

BoSaNCeRoS grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36
bullz-I,

well then that means that 36 chambers impacted wu-tang, not hiphop. other than a lot of people liking it(remember that it took several years for this album to reach platinum) i dont see how this album in and of itself changed the game.

ever heard of the juice crew?
like someone said, it took the attention from the west coast, along with Ready to die
Old 07-10-2005, 06:10 PM   #38
hellbound
since birth...

hellbound grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to hellbound

36 Chambers is MY favorite hip hop album. Illmatic is second. That is all my opinion.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #39
wubanga99
CHICKEN HEAD

wubanga99 grasshopper

INSpectah~Deck

Im not saying your "not" a fan...don't go and get your panties in a bunch son. All im saying is...that if you look at the whole 9 yards, its kind hard to say that there is a hip hop album out there that packs more punch than Forever. 36 is definately one of the greatest HH albums of all time, and 36 put them on the map, 36 also started the legend and the template for the clan for the remainder of their career, but...not until Forever did they really start spittin the fire and the knowledge and the mathematics. Forever is probebly the most thought provoking HH album of all time as well. To end my comment...36 rocked, but the wu camp had not ripend yet, you know what im saying.

"My occupation was to stop the innaguration of Satan" (Disc 2: Impossible)

One...
Old 07-10-2005, 06:56 PM   #40
wubanga99
CHICKEN HEAD

wubanga99 grasshopper

Come on ya'll...I know you feel what im saying...give me some feedback...

I welcome anyones opinion...

One...
Old 07-10-2005, 07:46 PM   #41
Bungle
Veteran Member

Bungle grasshopper

36 Chambers, Wu Forever, Ready to Die, Illmatic etc are all dam good album, no question all classics, but my personal favourite hip hop album beyond Wu, is By All Means Neccesary by Boogie Down Productions, that album means alot to me
Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #42
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by buLLz-I
like someone said, it took the attention from the west coast, along with Ready to die
wu-tang did a little bit but the balance of power didnt really start shifting until bad boy heated up.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 07-10-2005, 08:06 PM   #43
BoSaNCeRoS

BoSaNCeRoS grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36
wu-tang did a little bit but the balance of power didnt really start shifting until bad boy heated up.
RZA's production was something different at that time. G Funk was at its peak, and RZA came with the kung fu samples along with hungry mc's. Of course they did affect hip hop as a gendre. Every classic cd has something special. 36 Chambers paved the way for Only Built 4 Cuban linx, which influenced hip hop. What I mean by that is rappers started biting the flows, the intro's to the song...etc's. Without 36 Chambers there would be no OB4CL. I agree with you partially. 36 chambers at first affected the clan only, but after years it affected the gendre.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:25 PM   #44
manhattanknight77

manhattanknight77 grasshopper

man u know what if u wasnt in new york at the time then u cant begin to understand the impact of 36 chambers. yall 4get that at the time the east coast was pretty much 4gotten with all that g funk west coast music. 36 chambers changed the sound of hip hop and brought back the east coast as a dominant force in hip hop. come on wade do ur home work motherfucker!!!
manhattanknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:35 PM   #45
THE W
ISRAELITE

so biggie wasnt shit in the streets of new york when ready to die came out? he was the shit in the streets of where im from and in detroit too.

of course cuban linx wouldnt have come out if 36 chambers would've flopped cuz no one would've signed them to make that shit. but like i said, 36 helped wu be able to carry out their plan but it did not impact the game itself. it was cuban linx that did that.