news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 09-05-2006, 11:11 PM   #16
23-18

23-18 grasshopper

No knock on peoples opinions still to add on to appreciate Masta Killas flow and lyrics all u need to do is walk through the sections of Brooklyn he frequences and when the 1st dude step 2 u mad smooth wid the ratchet to ur belly button or the banger to ur jugular and smoothly in a calm tone says "DING,DING ,DING,BROOKLYN KING THAT 'L SNATCH UR BLING" THEN U GIVE IT UP JUST AS CALM AND SMOOTH ,LOL,,,The album is "MADE IN BROOKLYN"bANGBANG!!!!! PUT UR THOUGHTS ON THE SIDEWALK!
23-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:18 AM   #17
staycreepin_n_silence
Veteran Member

staycreepin_n_silence shaolin monk

I felt the same but I have been having it on rotation and it's growing on me fast. I mean right now Brooklyn king isn't looking too hot to me but everything else is king of right. Listen to it. Not that he's hungre but he's doing what he like what he always wanted to do and what he felt. I mean I honestly think this is what masta is thinking aobut and I'm felling

Blood of a Slave Heart of a King. BraveHeart
staycreepin_n_silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:51 AM   #18
Jet Set
VogeltjesDansBende lid

Jet Set crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to Jet Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE View Post
aaannnnnnnnhhhhh, Yall motherfuckers, yall motherfuckers don't ahhh hann (east m.c's)... HE should never do that shit again to open a song. it's useless and sounds like if he was half asleep. DING,DING,DING Brooklyn king that will snatch your BLING , DO MY THING , DING DING, DING! lolllllllll...stupid!!
ding ding ding ding. You should count the times he nuuuuuuhhsss or aaaaaannnnhhhsss or ding ding ding the melody of a song. Ding Ding Ding Ding
Old 09-06-2006, 07:37 AM   #19
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were

9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior

NSD is really dope, not classic and i didnt like MIB much at all
Old 09-06-2006, 07:42 AM   #20
Racailla
Neb-maat Ra

Racailla grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlymelody View Post
Yes, Made In Brooklyn is not a great MC effort from Masta Killa. This is just my opinion, but Masta Killa was very good on No Said Date, take in example Secret Rivals, Masta Killa, and Whatever. On Made In Brooklyn, he wasn't at his best, but I did feel him a lot on Pass The Bone Remix, Brooklyn King, and Nehanda & Cream.
I agree

http://www.myspace.com/racailla
Racailla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:53 AM   #21
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

yea there is a difference between a dope album and an CLASSIC album...that shit JUST dropped it couln't be classic even if the music was that good and revolitionary

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #22
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

MK is very different on his solo's than his clan contributions. I think alot of people are disappointed as they imagined him to be a serious dude from his clan verses but he actually shows he is interested in more than sword swinging and knowledge on his solo's.

Personally I think its great. He has the choice to make the music he wants and has no obligation to fulfill commercial quotas set by his label so what we get is what he wants us to get. People don't like it then fair enough but MK could easily pick up the mic and do chessboxing all over again. Question is does he want to?

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #23
mowbs

mowbs grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to mowbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
MK is very different on his solo's than his clan contributions. I think alot of people are disappointed as they imagined him to be a serious dude from his clan verses but he actually shows he is interested in more than sword swinging and knowledge on his solo's.

Personally I think its great. He has the choice to make the music he wants and has no obligation to fulfill commercial quotas set by his label so what we get is what he wants us to get. People don't like it then fair enough but MK could easily pick up the mic and do chessboxing all over again. Question is does he want to?
So what exactly is he interested in if not "sword swinging and knowledge," and why is it good/better?
mowbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:40 PM   #24
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowbs View Post
So what exactly is he interested in if not "sword swinging and knowledge," and why is it good/better?
I never said its good or better. He does loads of different types of tracks that fall outside of the typical Wu type tracks (which is what he mostly does on clan albums as they are Wu type tracks).

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #25
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire™ View Post
every1 on this forum seems highly educated

that's cause we skipped summer school and bought the Wu-tang double CD
Old 09-06-2006, 02:51 PM   #26
Ya_Bane
I'm The Master MingLuKhan

Ya_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
He has the choice to make the music he wants and has no obligation to fulfill commercial quotas set by his label so what we get is what he wants us to get. People don't like it then fair enough but MK could easily pick up the mic and do chessboxing all over again. Question is does he want to?
word. Does anyone think he was better on 36 Chambers than he is on his solos? DUUHH, he got 36 seconds on 36 Chambers to show himself. Rarely has anyone done it as well as he did, but it's on a soloalbum that he for the first time can do what he wants to, and, as shaolinDarts said, give us the music he wants to give us.

So this is Masta Killa, like it or leave it.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #27
J-DON
Veteran Member

J-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkey

Masta Killa definately weaker on his albums than his guest appeareances. I liked it better when he had a different kind of spoken word flow every song and just would spit a crazy as fuck short verse spoken word style. ie "war is extremely serious and it saddens me to have to take things to deadly measures and have you measured and shot with no pay its assassination day I stalk my enemy like prey" (although i dont think that style could hold a whole album solo, but he doesnt even do that with his flow now so whatever)

Now hes developed a more distinct but kind of boring flow that he uses on almost every single track and spits standard 16s.

I still like Made In Brooklyn alot though. To me its got some better songs than NSD did even though NSD was better overall.
J-DON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:01 PM   #28
paleface

paleface grasshopper

mk is ok, but i never thought he fit in the clan. he never adds anything, no knowledge, no style, nothin clever or witty. and you cant even call what he does rapping, dude just talks over a beat and sometimes it rhymes. i dont mean to hate on the guy i still like him better than most rappers. but when im playin his shit most the time i forget its on after the 4th or 5th song. no style, no substance. no one raps like ghost, mef, rae, rza, gza, odb, ins and even u god can blow your mind with crazy shit. then masta gets on the track and sounds like hes readin a book on some boring shit. 8 dudes that have thier own style, different flows, own sound and own vibe. then you have masta who sounds the same EVERY time (minus chessboxing) rapping about nothin with beats that sound like demos the other members didnt want to use. i know im hard on the dude but 2 albums in 12 years? and they aint even anything we aint heard before. rza, mef an ghost and even gza are ALWAYS doin something, some new project or album or movie or somethin. they make mk look even lazier than he does when he rhymes
paleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #29
Cm0ney
Veteran Member

Cm0ney grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
that's cause we skipped summer school and bought the Wu-tang double CD
lol you win
Cm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #30
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleface View Post
mk is ok, but i never thought he fit in the clan. he never adds anything, no knowledge, no style, nothin clever or witty. and you cant even call what he does rapping, dude just talks over a beat and sometimes it rhymes. i dont mean to hate on the guy i still like him better than most rappers. but when im playin his shit most the time i forget its on after the 4th or 5th song. no style, no substance. no one raps like ghost, mef, rae, rza, gza, odb, ins and even u god can blow your mind with crazy shit. then masta gets on the track and sounds like hes readin a book on some boring shit. 8 dudes that have thier own style, different flows, own sound and own vibe. then you have masta who sounds the same EVERY time (minus chessboxing) rapping about nothin with beats that sound like demos the other members didnt want to use. i know im hard on the dude but 2 albums in 12 years? and they aint even anything we aint heard before. rza, mef an ghost and even gza are ALWAYS doin something, some new project or album or movie or somethin. they make mk look even lazier than he does when he rhymes
ouch!
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote