news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
MR HIP HOP HEAD
Veteran Member

MR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tigerMR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tiger
Default Mya Disses 50 Cent & Lloyd Banks In Vibe Interview

In 2000, captivating song siren Mya told the world she had a Fear of Flying. Well, it seems as if thatís not the case any more, as Mya is set to release what she dubs her "most personal and vulnerable LP," in her fourth studio album Liberation, set to drop this fall.

Here, Vibe.com finds out what has been going on with Mya since her 2003 Moodring album release, what made her finally feel "liberated", and why her next man will be one lucky motherfucker.

This is Mya, all guards down.

Vibe.com: Your new album is titled Liberation, but you already had the single ďFreeĒ in 2000. Iím confused.

Mya: (laughs) Liberation does mean to be set free. Thatís where I am in my life and thatís how I truly feel. I feel like Iím really open, open to suggestions, criticism and Iím not fearing anything, whereas before with the last album, I was a little passive. There were insecurities that I did have with my personal life, family, boyfriend. Things werenít together then, but they are now. I was single back then, but not free 100 percent. I was a prisoner to myself.

How did you change that enclosed feeling you had?

Mya: Iím single again. I got my girlfriends in my life and we have fun. But when I moved to California for three years, I really didnít have friends. I lived by myself, I had broken up with my second boyfriend, it was a little lonely and family wasnít around. But right now, I have fun. It took me a minute to figure out that itís not all about work all the time. I must say Iím at the point where I donít give a damn. Iím going to wild out, but take care of business too.

Thatís ok. You owe it to yourself. What does Mya do to unwind?

Mya: I drink a nice glass of plum wine or a bottle of it is more like it (Laughs). Iíve had slumber parties at my house, where my girls get together and itís no holds barred with the shit we talk about. I was closed up before. I kept my problems to myself and I turned into this psycho chick. I even saw a damn psychologist!

Really? When was this?

Mya: This was like in 2002 and 2003, but now things are about to come out.

(Raises eyebrow). Whatís about to come out?

Mya: Just things that I held in, man!

But what kinds of things are we talking about here?

Mya: This is the most vulnerable album and there is a sense of closure at the end, where I feel liberated, but there are dramatic points. I say that because thereís a song on there where I was at my lowest point and it was caused by another person, but itís a feeling of helplessness and desperation. I never, never want to be that woman again, but it happens to a lot of us. I felt like I was playing myself following this dude (boyfriend at the time) and hiring this private investigator, just going crazy. The song is called, ďRidin.íĒ I was scared to write about these kinds of things before. Not all of this album is negative, though. I think people will be pleased with my vocals on this album because Iím not holding back.

I think many fans perceive you as shy, sexy, sensual, sweet and perhaps still mysterious. Which description best fits Mya?

Mya: I never ever been shy. I think in the beginning, I was very observant. I was just watching and figuring out the situation and Iím still like that. I think if youíre not the center of attention, people automatically call you shy. Iíve had industry folks mad at me, thinking Iím shady because I didnít have much conversation or bubbly personality. Thereís a lot of mixed feelings with people saying Iím fly because Iím mysterious or they donít like that they donít know me. I think itís good either way.

In the past you have been linked to artists like 50 Cent. Any comments?

Mya: Yes: itís not true. 50 and I never dated, never cuddled, never did anything, period, despite what he chooses to believe in his own mind. I donít know how he would get Lloyd Banks confused with me.

Whoa. Thatís cold blooooded.

Mya: At the end of the day I laugh because Iíve been linked to Jay-Z, Jadakiss, Wyclef, Sisqo, Game and Damon Dash. Iím like ohhhk, let me see pictures, let me see the sex tape.

Speaking about the Game, what was your initial reaction upon hearing his line on the song ďDreams,Ē where he says, ďI had dreams of fucking an R&B bitch like MyaĒ?

Mya: Well, I had an A&R inform me of the song before I even heard it. That day I had my birthday party and the Game came through and said he wants to take me out to dinner and Iím thinking, ĎThis sucker just called me a bitch on his record.í So I told him, ĎNice to meet you, but I have some friends I have to get to.í I kept it polite, but kept it moving. I was a little pissed at him, before I heard it. But then I realized it was a compliment in a crazy hip hop kind of way. I did his video for the song because the director explained to me that it was just a fantasy sequence and nothing real.

The Game got his OWN SHOE, though. That doesnít impress you?

Mya: (Laughs). Yea, he got his own shoe. Iím actually happily single though.

So what would a guy have to do to impress you?

Mya: Be himself. Getting to know me and taking the time in a friendship, which is still a relationship, is important and being real, so I can base my decisions off the truth. If you perceive Mya to be high maintenance, you put on a front and think you have to take me to expensive restaurants or even lie about your occupation to please me, and then I find out itís not the truth, Iím living a lie based off your lie. So, keep it real. Other than that, keep me laughing, have fun and donít take things too seriously. Iím not a promiscuous woman. Iím into relationships. Yes my music can be sexy at times, but Iím not a ho, but I will be a ho and a freak for my man and thatís it. When I get in relationships I go all out for my man and Iím very proud to say that. So, if you are the next one out there then you are one lucky motherfucker.

http://www.vibe.com/news/online_excl...l_guards_down/
MR HIP HOP HEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:23 PM   #2
Deity Allah
Veteran Member

Deity Allah grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Deity Allah

I would f*ck the dog sh*t ou her
Deity Allah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
ERN-DAWGY
SHADOWHAND ASSASIN

ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ERN-DAWGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deity Allah View Post
I would f*ck the dog sh*t ou her

co sign
ERN-DAWGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #4
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

=/
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

haha lloyd banks got more game than 50
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERN-DAWGY View Post
co sign
co co sign
Old 09-19-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
Cesar
Veteran Member

Cesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Wu Masta View Post
haha lloyd banks got more game than 50
you missunderstood what she said, she is dissin both of them,

She said that 50 cent is confusing HER with LLOYD BANKS, meaning that 50 Cent & Lloyd Banks had something going on, LOL......
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #8
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

lol looks and smarts...i like her...................................ass
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:24 PM   #9
Funk_Dock
Wu_gambino

Funk_Dock grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Funk_Dock

DAMN

and shes funny

still standin tall
Funk_Dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #10
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

yea mya would get it,

and by get it mean provided for spiritually physically and emotionally.

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:24 AM   #11
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar View Post
you missunderstood what she said, she is dissin both of them,

She said that 50 cent is confusing HER with LLOYD BANKS, meaning that 50 Cent & Lloyd Banks had something going on, LOL......
the way she says it could mean the other way though
anyway mya is fine as hell, and i bet g-unit gang raped her anyway
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:33 AM   #12
SHRAP
PRESIDENT OF WORLD

SHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to SHRAP Send a message via MSN to SHRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple View Post
and by get it mean provided for spiritually physically and emotionally.
damn what a fuckin sucka, wants to be a famous r&b bitchs ho
Old 09-20-2006, 07:52 AM   #13
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRAP View Post
damn what a fuckin sucka, wants to be a famous r&b bitchs ho
or id have her be my queen haha im far from a ho, its a joke man you're a little slow huh? not very nice /w social skills, cause u know she flipps and dudes who wanna say they wanna "fuck" her and disrespect her

Realness
Old 09-20-2006, 08:03 AM   #14
SHRAP
PRESIDENT OF WORLD

SHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to SHRAP Send a message via MSN to SHRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple View Post
or id have her be my queen haha im far from a ho, its a joke man you're a little slow huh? not very nice /w social skills, cause u know she flipps and dudes who wanna say they wanna "fuck" her and disrespect her
a bitch flippin on somebody consists of a fuckin lipfest, some girl ass punches or some shit bein thrown, in other words nothing. ill call any fuckin bitch a bitch to her face, somebody gotta be the 1 to take them fuckin birds down a peg cuz nothin more pathetic than a bitch walkin all over some suckas. i learned the first time wit the first bitch, only cost a measly ass 60 dollars too, even caught that fuckin virus mothafuckas call love, immune to all that bullshit now. head in the game to get head in the game. mothafuckas out here gettin robbed of their whole lifes earnings by lyin ass hoes, i dont see a difference between mya and a hoodrat wit hiv a bitch is a fuckin bitch and a bitch is your enemy in disguise
Old 09-20-2006, 08:07 AM   #15
snapple
i think i'm high

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRAP View Post
a bitch flippin on somebody consists of a fuckin lipfest, some girl ass punches or some shit bein thrown, in other words nothing. ill call any fuckin bitch a bitch to her face, somebody gotta be the 1 to take them fuckin birds down a peg cuz nothin more pathetic than a bitch walkin all over some suckas. i learned the first time wit the first bitch, only cost a measly ass 60 dollars too, even caught that fuckin virus mothafuckas call love, immune to all that bullshit now. head in the game to get head in the game. mothafuckas out here gettin robbed of their whole lifes earnings by lyin ass hoes, i dont see a difference between mya and a hoodrat wit hiv a bitch is a fuckin bitch and a bitch is your enemy in disguise
yea theyre not people or anything. you sound scared, like a bitch, like a turtle who wont come out of his shell. and it doesn't suprise me that you have paid for sex if thats waht youre saying sometimes its impossible to understand what youre saying. there are always gonna be players in the game, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't play the game, you can play it your own way. you dont have much earnings to worry about so who cares anyway if their are golddiggers. you keep doin you

Realness