news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 09-20-2006, 07:36 AM   #1
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Who Owns The Wu Logo?

I was kinda surprised to see Wu logos on the cover of the new Holocaust album as I didn't really think he would still have much to do with the Wu. Which got me to thinking exactly who needs to authorise the use of the Wu logo for an artist to legally use it? What are the conditions for the use of it?

I remember rumours back in the day that Rza sued Killah Priest for using the logo on the cover of Heavy Mental with no authorisation, but that could just have easily been bullshit.

It's not really something I expect anybody here to know about (Cilvaringz maybe?), I just thought I'd put it out there for discussion.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:41 AM   #2
CashRules
Everything Around Me

CashRules prodigal sonCashRules prodigal sonCashRules prodigal sonCashRules prodigal sonCashRules prodigal sonCashRules prodigal sonCashRules prodigal son

Mathematics designed the logo, check the Wu Manual, it has the original version of the logo there too, the one with the arm comin from the W holdin a dreadlocked guys head, dont know about who "owns" it tho, and definately cant see RZA suing Priest over using it
Old 09-20-2006, 08:02 AM   #3
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I know Mathematics designed it, but that has nothing to do with what I asked. I don't mean to sound rude, just clarifying that that is not what I'm asking here.

The Wu Manual does not shed any light on what I'm asking.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

the RZA owns it, i'm pretty sure...
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:07 AM   #5
cboals

cboals shaolin monk

rza
cboals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #6
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i don't know that it has ever been trademarked
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #7
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

are you kidding? of course it has, it appears on every wu album and all merchandise.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:45 AM   #8
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

rza owns the logo
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:49 AM   #9
36chambers
The People's Champ

36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta

me.

BIG L Rest In Peace
36chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:57 AM   #10
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNaMiTe View Post
rza owns the logo
^
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:05 PM   #11
Ya_Bane
I'm The Master MingLuKhan

Ya_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
I remember rumours back in the day that Rza sued Killah Priest for using the logo on the cover of Heavy Mental with no authorisation, but that could just have easily been bullshit.
That was Divine, RZA's brother, who sued Killah Priest.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #12
WU-KILLAH
Commando Ultra

WU-KILLAH grasshopper

RZA owns the logo, and I remember an interview where he said he would now take more care about how his logo and brand would be used, he said he made a mistake by allowing it to be on all these killa beez albums, and that now the logo would be only on wu-tang / wu-tang members albums.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:16 PM   #13
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
I was kinda surprised to see Wu logos on the cover of the new Holocaust album as I didn't really think he would still have much to do with the Wu. .

Well isnt RZA and Holocaust cool anyways. They all live in Cali I believe, and he fucks with The Black Knights and NorthStar...groups that I know RZA is somewhat associated with.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #14
LordReveal
Veteran Member

LordReveal crouching tigerLordReveal crouching tiger

The Wu-Tang Clan own the Wu-Tang logo
Old 09-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #15
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

^no, RZA does.
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote