news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 09-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #16
morgan
Veteran Member

morgan grasshopper

^^ Oh yeah? Like fuck, Rza's got control of that he must have. Its good to see Rza admitting that he made a mistake letting people put the logo on their product, maybe now we will only see it on cd's that are worthy.

Think how many people might have been in hmv one time, and thought, "oh, ive heard of this wu-tang clan, i might buy this north-star album etc etc" and gone home, been utterly disapinted, and never bought another thing with the wu logo on it again. Because if i bought that album first, you would have a hard time convincing me to listen to anything else with the logo on. Good job first wu i heard was Forever eh lol
Old 09-20-2006, 01:18 PM   #17
LordReveal
Veteran Member

LordReveal crouching tiger

what i mean when I say the Wu-Tang Clan owns the Wu logo is that of course any member of the Wu-Tang Clan (RZA, GZA, Ghost, Rae, Meth, Deck, U-God & Masta) could use the Wu logo on any of their albums without asking RZA. Like RZA's gonna say "sorry Meth" or "Sorry Ghost" or "sorry Deck"...."but u cant use the W on your next album".
Old 09-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #18
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

The wu fans, tag that wu logo everywhere.

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #19
Grongle
Young Granger

Grongle grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Grongle Send a message via MSN to Grongle

Oh no U-god owns the logo ha ha
Old 09-20-2006, 02:16 PM   #20
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

^^^naaah you are wrong granger !!!

shorty shit stain owns it !!
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #21
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venex View Post
^^^naaah you are wrong granger !!!

shorty shit stain owns it !!

hahahaha! Shorty Shit Stain bought rights to the word Wu-tang too
Old 09-20-2006, 06:48 PM   #22
wuswordz95
Veteran Member

wuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken masta

yeah i went to family vaules tour and i saw some dude rocking a wu tang logo shirt. i went up to him and I said you a wu fan. and as i looked closer to his shirt he said this aint wu tang this is warning they are better then the wu he said. i couldnt beleive it a rock band bitting the wu logo,
wuswordz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:20 PM   #23
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

^^lol
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #24
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
I remember an interview where he said he would now take more care about how his logo and brand would be used, he said he made a mistake by allowing it to be on all these killa beez albums
Yeah, I remember that. Except I think he was saying that all these people were just using it without permission.
Quote:
Well isnt RZA and Holocaust cool anyways
I guess they are, yeah. Just thought that since his last appearance on a Wu release was some time ago, he might not be associated with them anymore.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:44 PM   #25
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya_Bane View Post
That was Divine, RZA's brother, who sued Killah Priest.
Where did you get this info from?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:36 AM   #26
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i always like to believe the logo ment this rap is real. true the clan should be the major uses but i liked to believe when you saw the W you could respect how much the wu tang clan has changed or added to the hip-hop game - like without enter the wu-tang being a great album and having little attention these artist's using the symbol would'nt have made it because the clan had no money to invest, or maybe be on a label that did'nt give them the freedom/etc. to do what they are doing now, and have a group of other people at times willing to help and contribute to your stuff. to tell you the truth i dont know exactly who's on what label who's working with who and im not going to pretend to its just *shrugs* i like to believe wu has a corner of the hip-hop held down. peace

750 REBELS - australia's best

Last edited by NIGHT MAYOR; 09-21-2006 at 01:39 AM.
NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:44 AM   #27
FrenchShin
akabrownsugar

FrenchShin grasshopper

all y'all with a W in your sig... run away.
FrenchShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:59 AM   #28
FrenchShin
akabrownsugar

FrenchShin grasshopper

ok let's be serious.

Robert Diggs aka Rza owns 3 trademarks. or i should say "used to own".

it appears that the "Wu Tang Clan" trademark has been cancelled in 2005 but has been trasnfered to Wu-Wear Inc., the trademark "Wu Tang" has been cancelled in 2002, and another "Wu Tang Clan" trademark has been abandonned in 1995.

concerning the Wu logo, before being protected as a trademark, it is protected by copyright.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:06 AM   #29
Lil' Ruger
Fukkin Vet!!!!

Lil' Ruger crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to Lil' Ruger

hmmm i would understand that a lil more if i was older but i get what your saying
Lil' Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:12 AM   #30
FrenchShin
akabrownsugar

FrenchShin grasshopper

i'm not finished.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/ImageAgent/Im...Image=78911233

that "W" picture is registered as a trademark. the owner is Wu-Tang Production Inc.

and the same for another picture, you all know here :

http://tess2.uspto.gov/ImageAgent/Im...Image=78911255

Wutangcorp.com, sons. Property of Wu-Tang Production Inc. as well. It's been filed in June 2006 sooo... pretty new huh. Same date as the "W" i just posted.