news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 10-01-2006, 10:55 AM   #1
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Ol' Dirty Bastard's widow is at it again

ESTATE PLAN: Icelene Jones (center), with (from left) Taniqua, Bar-Son and Shaquita, her children with the late Ol' Dirty Bastard, is allegedly scheming against his other kids.

Ol' Dirty Bastard's widow and a record producer are scheming to keep the star's ex-girlfriend and five of his kids from the millions his new album could generate, the widow's former lawyer alleges.

Steven Mandel claims ODB's "misguided" widow, Icelene Jones, and producer Richard Flanzer plan to ink an "extremely restrictive" deal under which all money created by the estate would go to Flanzer, who would then decide how to divvy up the bucks.

The potential windfall is from the upcoming release of the rapper's "A Son Unique," a posthumous album featuring Missy Elliot, Macy Gray and members of his former hit group, Wu-Tang Clan. The album is set to hit stores Nov. 7, two years after Ol' Dirty Bastard, born Russell Jones, collapsed and died while working on the album.

Mandel's allegations are included in a Sept. 6 motion he filed asking to be released as Icelene's lawyer. The alleged deal, he claims, would leave ODB's ex-gal pal, her child, his four other kids, their four mothers, his former manager and even his own mom in the lurch. But Icelene claims the legal eagle, whom she fired in August, is a bumbling incompetent whose mismanagement of her husband's estate has left her and their three kids "virtually destitute." In court papers, Jones says that Mandel failed to collect royalties, pay out money or file the proper estate paperwork.
"Since my husband's death, my children and I have been virtually destitute, waiting on the unfulfilled promises of Mr. Mandel to administer the estate," she said. She also said the lawyer stood to collect 25 percent of all estate revenues and was being "disingenuous" to the court about his deal.

Flanzer denied his involvement: "There is no scheme. My role has been solely to try to straighten this out. I have no interest in the album whatsoever."

Since the allegations over the estate surfaced, ODB's mom, Cherry Jones, and manager, Jarred Weisfeld, plan to challenge Icelene as administrator of the estate. Together the two revived the rapper's career after he got out of prison in 2002, getting him a new record deal, clothing line and reality shows.

"B ottom line is that the estate is not being taken care of properly," Weisfeld said.

Their lawyer, Mark Frey, said: "[Cherry and Weisfeld] were his co-mangers, and Cherry is very concerned that all the grandkids get their fair share, not just Icelene." Weisfeld scoffed at Icelene's claim of poverty. "Is she destitute? No. She's got a BMW and a Range Rover. I gave her kids $10,000 out of my own pocket last Christmas."
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #2
Brent Schulze

Brent Schulze grasshopper

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolddigger!!! !!!!!!

I'm the Antithesis to Central Intelligence
Brent Schulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #3
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

money, money money mooooneeey

make people act FUUUUNYYYYY!!
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
mcgirt
Clan Member

mcgirt shaolin monk

Nigga please.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #5
Dominus Santorini
Mauling Panda's Rampage

Dominus Santorini crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Dominus Santorini Send a message via AIM to Dominus Santorini Send a message via MSN to Dominus Santorini

Somebody murk this bitch....Isn't she Passion? Fuck you Passion
Dominus Santorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:38 AM   #6
wusis2k
CHICKEN HEAD

wusis2k grasshopper

"it's all about the money"
wusis2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:10 AM   #7
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

c.r.e.a.m.

750 REBELS - australia's best

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:16 AM   #8
Blaque_Ravage
Constant Elevation

Blaque_Ravage shaolin monk
Send a message via Yahoo to Blaque_Ravage

AGAIN!?.....how much longer is this fight for ODBs money going to last,shit is sad to read how bad she is trying to take every penny for her self.....damn money can truly break up a family!

"Those who havent learnt get returned you freaky ass niggas get burned some walk around like they aint concerned with the hell goin on inside the world. Why do grown men molest little girls it is because the girls breast has swelled to the size of a women,although shes 12.The whole world is sick,sick,sick trapped up in six,six,six "Sunshower~The Rza
Blaque_Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #9
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgirt View Post
Nigga please.

i laughed

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote