news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Better Album
The Chronic 35 58.33%
Chronic 2001 25 41.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2006, 01:00 AM   #1
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam
Default The Chronic or Chronic 2001

Which album is better?

I'm going with Chronic 2001. There is no doubt its lyrically better, but I prefer the beats on Chronic 2001 as well. Some people might argue the whole pioneering aspect of The Chronic, but as an overall album, 2001 is superior. Forgot About Dre is the sickest shit ever.

NOTE: If you're gonna come in here with Dre hate, or some dumb shit about Dre doesn't produce or write his own shit, you can fuck off.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:05 AM   #2
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Em influenced Dre's flow for 2001. Xzibit was also on 2001. The track bitch niggaz was however remarkable.

I voted The Chronic. I had that album from day one. 2001 was released a bit too late for me but I still appriciate it. Yes , the production was a million times better on 2001. 2001 wasnt a straight P-funk rip either.

Tuff choice.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:14 AM   #3
smokebongoncliff
WuTang is the Foundation

smokebongoncliff grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to smokebongoncliff

i just like the style of production more on 2001. but on the original, those was the days. snoop was a monster then

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces
smokebongoncliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #4
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokebongoncliff View Post
i just like the style of production more on 2001. but on the original, those was the days. snoop was a monster then

He was hungry for it. Dre was hungry for it. Snoop ended up getting fucked and in return stopped giving a fuck. Oh but Master P cared enough.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:41 AM   #5
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

BOTH albums are sick

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:26 AM   #6
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Tuff, but 2001. I think I did it because on Chronic is one good MC (Snoop) and on 2001 there is two (Eminem was there in his best phase, don't forget).
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #7
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

A very hard choice for sure, I do think that 2001 is lyricly superior but Chronic had the G funk sound at it's freshest plus they were more in touch with what they rhymed about rather than the follow up, also since the early ninties was my introduction to hip hop this being one of the factors towards my love of the culture im going to have to vote for the original.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:47 AM   #8
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

2001 is one of my favorite hip hop albums, as far as production goes. wack MCs but the 2001 Instrumental LP is one of my top 5 rap lps.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #9
INF
Digital @fterLife

This is gonna be a tie to the very end.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #10
Grongle
Young Granger

Grongle grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Grongle Send a message via MSN to Grongle

Old 10-02-2006, 11:54 AM   #11
WuGambino
Veteran Member

WuGambino grasshopper

The Chronic, EASILY.

Personally I can't see how people can like 2001 more. It has lost it's playbackability to me, whereas the original Chronic will forever be fresh as it was from day 1.
Also I think The Chronic has better guest appearances. Snoop was incredible on it, and ALL of the other guests layed it down so well, Stranded on death row is one of my favourites there, along with Lil' Ghetto Boy and too many to list to be honest.
It also kinda makes me mad when people say Nuthin' But A G Thang is one of the best hip-hop songs ever, I know it was influential and stuff, but theres songs that are so much better on the Chronic.

Anyway thats just my two cents.
WuGambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #12
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

I don't even see the two on the same level at all. The original is Dre's classic. period.
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #13
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE

Old 10-02-2006, 01:10 PM   #14
Cm0ney
Veteran Member

Cm0ney grasshopper

2001 more for the beats, i only like a few songs off of the chronic
Cm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #15
INF
Digital @fterLife

Come on now, what about them flutes on the day tha niggaz took over? They both classics in they own rite. Two totally different periods of time. They were both a breath of fresh air at their own times. Well...idk about 2001. We were already hearing some of that due to Dre's Em work. Before Chronic we hadnt really heard the full potential of G-funk yet. idk.....

Its still a tie so that speaks for itself. Most polls are lanslides.