news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Better Album
The Chronic 35 58.33%
Chronic 2001 25 41.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #16
Kenny Powers
quik one

Kenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken masta

2001 is my all time favorite album, i wasnt really into the original chronic's funky gangsta shit.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #17
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

chronic was hard at a time where there wasnt much hard shit out. it was the shit, it is the shit, it will stay the shit.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:05 PM   #18
Polocash7
Veteran Member

Polocash7 shaolin monk

Chronic>Chronic 2. The production on the Chronic was not only classic but game changing. It's classic all the way thru. 2001 production dipped a lil' in the 2nd half of the LP.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:09 PM   #19
ElusiveFugitive
Yamabushi

ElusiveFugitive grasshopper

Undeniably the original Chronic is better...one album I would actually play end to end without skipping. Dre's lyrics and production are classic on this joint
ElusiveFugitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:28 PM   #20
WuTangWarrior
Shittin on E-Gangstas

WuTangWarrior grasshopper

Dr.Dre fuckin sucks and Raekwons a fuckin sellout for signing with him

lol jpjpjpjpjpjp.......Chronic for me

WuTangWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #21
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

two different vibes...its so hard....i guess the chronic just....cause haha theyre both to dope for me to pick with logic

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:17 AM   #22
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

good poll so far
Old 10-04-2006, 03:05 AM   #23
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk

bump
Old 10-04-2006, 03:18 AM   #24
tajeco
Natureal

tajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken mastatajeco drunken masta

the original = classic, especially here on the west coast

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco
tajeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #25
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

Bedlam- since i posted up yesterday, i figured i'd check it out again last night to make sure i wasn't missing something. in my humble opinion, the album is horrible. not one song that i didn't want to skip. i think the production is being overrated a bit, too. i never even payed attention back in the day where it says produced by Dre and Melman. i'd like Detox to have some of that Deep Cover, Chronic-style Dre instead of this newer school sound. anyway, peace-
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #26
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

well 'benzo' may i reccommend kenny rogers since u dont like 2001.

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #27
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo View Post
Bedlam- since i posted up yesterday, i figured i'd check it out again last night to make sure i wasn't missing something. in my humble opinion, the album is horrible. not one song that i didn't want to skip. i think the production is being overrated a bit, too. i never even payed attention back in the day where it says produced by Dre and Melman. i'd like Detox to have some of that Deep Cover, Chronic-style Dre instead of this newer school sound. anyway, peace-
I guess you didn't like the more piano and guitar driven instrumentals. They fit me perfectly, but to each his own. I think if you gave it more of a chance, you'd like some of the songs (you're honestly the only person I can think of who doesn't like What's the Difference. I'm guessing you hate Eminem?) Shit like Big Ego's, I'd love to hear some Wu members on it. People look too much at the fact that Mel Man helped out. I couldn't really give a shit who helped out what, if the final beat is dope, I don't give a shit. Detox should be a healthy mix of both styles
Old 10-04-2006, 11:22 PM   #28
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Detox is a fable. I got a better chance getting on this year than Detox ever dropping. I am far, very far, from getting on. Who knows though, one sick session then everything flips.

Back on subject, Chronic is runnin with that lead. I knew it.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:26 PM   #29
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

fuck tha n00bs..

Deep Cover, Dre Day & Aint Nuttin But A G Thang alone are far too seperior. 2001 was dope too cant front but the OG Chronic was straight raw deathrow shit when deathrow was really runnin it.

also it was when Snoop was first discovered.

Chronic & Doggystyle is untouchable.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #30
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
fuck tha n00bs..

Deep Cover
Deep Cover wasn't on the Chronic... n00b