news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Better Album
The Chronic 35 58.33%
Chronic 2001 25 41.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2006, 10:44 AM   #31
Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
FAGMA LOVES MENS COCK

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition's Avatar

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2000 View Post
BOTH albums are sick
cosign

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:21 PM   #32
M.I.C Diesel

M.I.C Diesel grasshopper

Chronic.

PEACE
''.......Unknowingly imprisoned, in uniforms crafted precision, 1 dub Gov' for short, master planned in covert courts, project poor, prepare for wipeout, ironically wiped out & carked in cauc white outs, the fights out, Phoenix flames to pour the light out, the sun will eventually burn out, A giant urn, with pearled gates, waiting to break, How long can it take? Our destruction is fate.......''
( Con[S]cience ) 2005... www.myspace.com/therockerybtown
www.zoobabees.com
P E A C E
M.I.C Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #33
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo View Post
Bedlam- since i posted up yesterday, i figured i'd check it out again last night to make sure i wasn't missing something. in my humble opinion, the album is horrible. not one song that i didn't want to skip. i think the production is being overrated a bit, too. i never even payed attention back in the day where it says produced by Dre and Melman. i'd like Detox to have some of that Deep Cover, Chronic-style Dre instead of this newer school sound. anyway, peace-
i agree, exxplosive and whats the difference were only songs i thought were any good. i just cant get into dre's sound.

i'll go with chronic 2001 cuz at least he wasnt ripping off p-funk left and right.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Last edited by THE W; 10-06-2006 at 01:36 PM.
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:47 PM   #34
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

The Chronic...both classics imo.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #35
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

Bedlam- yeah, to each his own, man. for me, the fact that the Melman co-pro'd has nothing to do with it. maybe it's an age thing, i don't know... the album just seems soft to me, probably because West Coast Gangsta had played itself out to the ones who were banging the original in 93-94. Dre's peak, to me, was like 91-94. "EFIL4ZZAGIN", "Deep Cover", "The Chronic", and "Doggystyle" were the shit, he started to fall off a bit afterwards. good thread...peace.
CAP- learn from your brother Bedlam and act your age punk.
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #36
J.T.S.
God Of WAr

J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The chronic!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
Hell razah
J.T.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #37
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
Deep Cover wasn't on the Chronic... n00b
my fault.. forgot it was a soundtrack joint.. but it dropped very shortly before Chronic and was the beginning of the dre/snoop/deathrow era.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #38
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

Chronic although i rarely listen to any of those & Chronic has some annoying elements about it, im not listenin to it at the mo so i cant give examples.

2001, for me, the rest of the album just dont live up to Forgot about Dre,
Still D.R.E, you know the other two.

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:34 AM   #39
Rebel_INS
Veteran Member

Rebel_INS shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Rebel_INS

Definately voted for The Chronic. Dre came hard on that shit, the production was also mad dope. Chronic 2001 falls closely behind, but the original takes my vote.