news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 10-03-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
Galvatron97
Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Galvatron97 grasshopper
Default The reason Wu doesn't sell anymore....beats??

You know, I was thinking that maybe one of the reasons Wu doesnt sell anymore is because of their beats....not necessarily their lyrics b/c their lyrics have remained somewhat the same over the years but alot of pp say RZA beats have fallen off a little.....

But I'm sure as you all know nowadays ppl are all about the beats and shit....producers like Kanye, Just Blaze, Dr. Dre, Neptunes, even Primo to a certain extent and others are all using much more complex sounds and melodies now......multiple layers and textures, vocal samples, drum patterns, turntable scratches, and basslines and even better equipment such as really good keyboards and even live instruments(Neptunes and the Roots)......

Wu doesnt really do this.....RZA is still all about choppin shit up and looping it every 4 seconds which makes for a repetitive, boring beat. I'd say his Bobby Digital beats are closer to what producers are doing today.....Wu even has been using alot of recycled beats lately.....Meth's The Glide(from ODB's Skrilla) and Masta Killa's Street Corner( from Wu meets Indie) are blatant examples....

Do you see what I'm sayin?? When you got producers like Kanye and Just Blaze bangin out beats like Diamonds from Sierra Leone and Breathe with alot of complex shit goin on, and Wu members choosing boring, repetitive beats like Masta Killa does on say, Older gods 2 or Iron god Chamber.....I think people dont like it that much......

IDk maybe its just me, maybe in lookin too deep into it......but when RZA used to be makin bangers like For Heaven's Sake and Reunited and now he's at the point where he's recycling and re-making beats, people and Wu fans notice.....

Galvatron97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:45 AM   #2
Shaolin Bloody Sword
Golden Child

Shaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killa

They are recycling their own beats ? it's not like they recycling Luda's or these other wack mc's beats. Listen, Skrilla was never released officially, maybe it will never, so alot of ppl haven't heard it unless they downloaded it.
Shaolin Bloody Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
FAGMA LOVES MENS COCK

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition's Avatar

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken mastaGreek Gheynician Anal Tradition drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
You know, I was thinking that maybe one of the reasons Wu doesnt sell anymore is because of their beats....not necessarily their lyrics b/c their lyrics have remained somewhat the same over the years but alot of pp say RZA beats have fallen off a little.....

But I'm sure as you all know nowadays ppl are all about the beats and shit....producers like Kanye, Just Blaze, Dr. Dre, Neptunes, even Primo to a certain extent and others are all using much more complex sounds and melodies now......multiple layers and textures, vocal samples, drum patterns, turntable scratches, and basslines and even better equipment such as really good keyboards and even live instruments(Neptunes and the Roots)......

Wu doesnt really do this.....RZA is still all about choppin shit up and looping it every 4 seconds which makes for a repetitive, boring beat. I'd say his Bobby Digital beats are closer to what producers are doing today.....Wu even has been using alot of recycled beats lately.....Meth's The Glide(from ODB's Skrilla) and Masta Killa's Street Corner( from Wu meets Indie) are blatant examples....

Do you see what I'm sayin?? When you got producers like Kanye and Just Blaze bangin out beats like Diamonds from Sierra Leone and Breathe with alot of complex shit goin on, and Wu members choosing boring, repetitive beats like Masta Killa does on say, Older gods 2 or Iron god Chamber.....I think people dont like it that much......

IDk maybe its just me, maybe in lookin too deep into it......but when RZA used to be makin bangers like For Heaven's Sake and Reunited and now he's at the point where he's recycling and re-making beats, people and Wu fans notice.....
I agree in some things u said..Wu fam needs bangas like For heavens Sake and Reunited these days..

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:53 AM   #4
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

it's because of the new generation buying record, their version of hiphop is much different then how we were brought up

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
Grongle
Young Granger

Grongle grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Grongle Send a message via MSN to Grongle

Its because people dont like good beats no more they like r&b shit
Old 10-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #6
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

^^wu-tang is on the r&b tip on plenty of tracks dont front

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #7
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple View Post
it's because of the new generation buying record, their version of hiphop is much different then how we were brought up
thats pretty much the gist of it.

threadstarter: have you heard chamber of fear, you must be dreaming, fatal, gotta get paid, 420, kanichuwa bitches, or even the glide which is redone but has those layers that you speak of?

everyone complained about the bobby sound so he went back to simple and now people are complaining about that.

some of you people just dont know what the heck you want.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:03 AM   #8
Mad Axes
Chief Warcloud

Mad Axes sitting duck
Send a message via AIM to Mad Axes

ur forgettin that its not the rza beats that suck, if wu members used more rza beats thay would sell more ... but yea ur right about the beats bein subpar and contributin to the lack of sales, we buy it cuz we like the lyrics most ppl dont care bout the words
Mad Axes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #9
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

and it isnt all about Rza either. true master, 4th disciple, allah math, and even bronze nazareth are ill producers as well. none of the generals are using any of these guys and if they do its very limited.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #10
sonny getz
WTRB

sonny getz grasshopper

I think you're right, they moved away from the grimey, sample-heavy shit that Wu fans wanna hear. Some might blame it on progress or new musical directions, but there's plenty of new hip hop that they could embrace that would suit their style better. I don't know anything about making beats, so I can't really say too much about it, but I think they need to get back to their roots.

I got a good feeling about the next clan album....

WU TANG RULES AGAIN
sonny getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:19 PM   #11
cowtown50

cowtown50 grasshopper

i like the choppieness and repetitive sound that rza puts out

i guess its all opinion and most people arent going with rza
cowtown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #12
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
RZA beats have fallen off a little.....

i don't agree one bit. Lil Story, Kunta Fly Shit, Konichiwa, Run, The Glide, Skrilla, Presidential MC are all solider then aids. Some of Rza's best shit, konichiwa bitches is more complex then any neptunes beat i've heard in the past....ever. Rza produce Skrilla for the same CD pharrel produced Pop Shit, dope track, but it was all dirty, the beat did nothing, skrilla was a raw head banger, Rza's beats are always the highlight of all the new CDs, these guys reuse shit too, so long as its good music reuse it 1000 times, just don't fuck it up, and he never had. Plus Rza invented the style your claiming he lost.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #13
soulmakossa
The Rare Cassette Man

soulmakossa grasshopper
Default Much Garbage Dominates The Mainstream...

But people who like that sound will argue with those who have a broader knowledge of the art form and the history, that it's the new sound. I think like us true fans, Wu refuses to submit to the borderline pop/r&b sound that hip hop has become today.

They'll also accuse you of not liking hip hop cus it doesn't sound like it did 15 years ago, which is not how I feel. I'd be mad if it didn't evolve since then, but the line as to what is added on to the sound has to be drawn somewhere if we're still gonna call it hip hop.

What most people considered as "selling out" in a song years back is now being done by a multitude of mainstream artists. Selling out still holds the same defintion today as it was did in the days of MC Hammer.

It's like other talented artists that have been here since the 90's and still release good music like Premier & Pete Rock, but it's not seen on MTV because the garbage dominates.

There's good change and evolution in hip hop, but not when artists like 50 release repetative garbage and cater towards the pop world instead of artists who keep the raw sound, but still push the art of hip hop in a good direction like Hi Tek, Wu or Little Brother & Foreign Exchange.

Last edited by soulmakossa; 10-03-2006 at 03:21 PM.
soulmakossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #14
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

I've always thought RZA to be a complex, layered producer. RZA is making good music most of the time now a days, but no it's not on that Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords level. I am disappointed with "Glide," though because it's not even that good of a beat at all. Konichiwa, 421 Intro is the RZA I like hearing.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #15
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

Wu is old now (not the members but the brand name). Whats in fashion is what achieves mass success and Wu Tang aren't 'in' anymore.

Make as much good music as they like, they won't sell or reach the masses. Wallabi's ain't no less of a shoe than they were a few years ago yet no one buys them these days. Afew years ago people would have 5 or 6 colours. Every once in a while a Nike or Reebok shoe from the old days reappears and people get it for a couple of weeks and its dead again. If its been around already people ain't interested anymore and thats whats up with Wu.

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote