news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-05-2006, 03:54 AM   #31
Wu-Tality
Metal Gear

Wu-Tality grasshopper

Doom has his moments
Old 10-05-2006, 09:54 AM   #32
Iron Man

Iron Man grasshopper

On a side note when did Zev get that fat?
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:06 AM   #33
12weLvE
Veteran Member

12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)12weLvE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to 12weLvE
Question Why do people constantly do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHard to Earnx View Post
A few things:

1. You people are fucking weird.

2. Seriously, this is almost creepy.

3. He's not even that good as far as rapping goes.

4. How many times are you dudes going to make the same thread over and over again?
Why even post??? This is a Doom appreciation thread.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #34
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Oh shit! Wooz, if you got any negative vibes about the above post then please try to put them somewhere like a PM box and not this thread. I can't believe that after all the love you have for Doom that you would say all this but shit, its the internet and sadly ppl can be who ever they see fit to make them comfortable. I dont even wanna know why you would say shit like that.

Those comments were from 04 though.

Last edited by INF; 10-05-2006 at 02:49 PM.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #35
sonny getz
WTRB

sonny getz grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHard to Earnx View Post
A few things:

1. You people are fucking weird.

2. Seriously, this is almost creepy.

3. He's not even that good as far as rapping goes.

4. How many times are you dudes going to make the same thread over and over again?
Don't trip.

And....

Props to wu-matic for blowing up wooz's spot.

DOOM is my favorite too. I heard rumors about another Dangerdoom album and 'Madvillainy 2'. What I really want is a new Viktor Vaughn joint, those two were my favorites.

And to anyone who didn't know already, Operation: Doomsday is being re-released by Rhymesayers sometime late 2006/early 2007 on CD and LP.

WU TANG RULES AGAIN
sonny getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #36
maestro wooz
Veteran Member

maestro wooz Village Idiot

haha@"blowing my spot" haha wtf, i said in my first post in this thread that at first he was too confusing for me. Those quotes are from almost 2 years ago and if i remember correctly i had only heard a leaked version of mm food which was like 3 songs and mostly skits. Youre telling me you didnt feel the same way after first hearing doom? It was like 2 weeks later the i got "take me to your leader" and started feeling doom.

ps. wu-matic youre a fucking pixie trickster just trying to stir up trouble
maestro wooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #37
Tetsuo
Hamburger Pimp

Tetsuo shaolin monk

Yo Doom has maaaad quotables too. Unlike most underground MC's, Doom doesn't try to sound intelligent by rhyming multi-syllabic psuedo-scientific jargon but instead spits silly but complex rhymes.

For instance, "I only play the games that I win at and stay the same with more rhymes than ways to skin cats/Wait allow me to rephrase, with more rhymes than ways to fillet felines in these days."

Or, "Classical slapstick rappers need chapstick." Doom is one of the only MCs who can pull off a line that's meaning is as creative as the way it sounds. I believe GZA, Nas, and Rakim are the only three other rappers to ever even approach Doom in that respect. At the same time he doesn't over saturate his rhymes with "knowledge" that doesn't really equal out to anything.

What annoys me about a lot of these underground dudes is that they're just reactionary and the alternative they offer to mainstream Hip-Hop is usually equally as insipid. But, Doom is a reaction to the entire history of the genre, not just mainstream Hip-Hop.

Doom's whole style is an approach to Hip-Hop from the inside out. His flow is deliberately unprofessional (if you want to even call it a flow, it's more like a spillage). His delivery is lazy and unprepared. His persona is that of both the everyman (a rarity in Hip-Hop) and a self-styled demi-god. His lyrics are a pastiche of slang from the last 60 years, osbscure pop culture references, self-aggrandizing tongue-in-cheek reveries, elusive but biting social commentary, half-conscious narratives, and pure juvenile joy in the incongruent sounds of the English language.

As for the poster who said Doom is weird, you're goddamned right he's weird. Weird is what Hip-Hop needs today. You think nine inner city black men calling themselves the Wu-Tang Clan wasn't weird? You think when Rakim emerged, completely changing every aspect of the genre, people didn't think it was weird? You think when Hip-Hop itself became a phenomenon, people didn't think it was weird? Mostly every great artist in history was considered weird.

I didn't mean to write this much, but Doom represents the future of Hip-Hop and enough is written about how Hip-Hop is dying.

Free Killa Sin!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EedXtPhPhlI

Last edited by Tetsuo; 10-05-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Tetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:15 PM   #38
energizer

energizer crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny getz View Post
Don't trip.

And....

Props to wu-matic for blowing up wooz's spot.

DOOM is my favorite too. I heard rumors about another Dangerdoom album and 'Madvillainy 2'. What I really want is a new Viktor Vaughn joint, those two were my favorites.

And to anyone who didn't know already, Operation: Doomsday is being re-released by Rhymesayers sometime late 2006/early 2007 on CD and LP.
whats your source on the re release, you know its been said numerous times
energizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #39
Wu-Tality
Metal Gear

Wu-Tality grasshopper

Nicely put Tetsuo
Old 10-05-2006, 07:06 PM   #40
sonny getz
WTRB

sonny getz grasshopper

I don't have one, I just heard from a friend who's a reliable source on the matter. I'm hoping he's right about this one...

WU TANG RULES AGAIN
sonny getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:45 AM   #41
maestro wooz
Veteran Member

maestro wooz Village Idiot

"Speak with criminal slang"

yeah, i know some people who really love dangerdoom but ive never really been able to get into it, just cause i know his other stuff is alot better. I dont mind that he did that but i hope hes saving all his best shit for the next vik vaughn album and the next madvillian one.
maestro wooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:16 PM   #42
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

He said some important things on Dangerdoom as well wooz. Real important shit. Just because it was Smeared all over the TV doesnt mean that there was no knowledge behind it. Dangermouse has become untouchable. Every project he does is gold. It aint because of his asso. w/ Doom. Dangermouse is just ill.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #43
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

Madvillainy is one of the most cleverly induced albums i've ever heard in hip-hop. I think MF Doom is the best thing in hip-hop at this moment.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #44
J.T.S.
God Of WAr

J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Madvillans the shit son!!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
Hell razah
J.T.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:17 PM   #45
supremecharma
5%... lawls....

supremecharma grasshopper

you gotta be lovin KMD aswel
supremecharma is offline   Reply With Quote