news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 10-24-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
WuTangKillaBee

WuTangKillaBee grasshopper
Default Ignorant people not likin the Wu

Yo i have a friend who says he likes rap, but all he was listening to before i showed him more shit was shady aftermath shit like eminem, 50 cent, g-unit, all that shit, and he thinks its like the best rap u can find, but this mutha fucka doesnt know a god damn thing about hip hop, and it pisses me off cuz whenever were riding in the car and a good song comes on whether its from the Wu or just a good MC im like yo keep this on this is a good tune hes like "hmph" kinda like snickers at me im thinkin wtf this ignorant mutha fucka, then after like 1 minute of the song he'll switch it, he just skips thru music and doesnt even give it a damn chance, its annoying as fuck, im tryin to get him and another buddy to get into good 90s hip-hop but they diss it like its shitty music, they dont even fuckin listen to it, anyone else know ppl like this? fuckin ignorant ass mutha fuckas.
WuTangKillaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

It's not ignorance it's personal preference. You sound just as ignorant as you make your friends sound.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:16 PM   #3
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

all of my friends are like this
i have one female friend who doesnt mind listening to my shit

thing is, most people like this are 'people that like hip hop' as opposed to 'hip hop fans'

basically theyre not true music fans, they just like the clothes/slang whatever
you cant change peoples opinions, i just avoid talkin to most of my friends about music, cos i know theyre just gonna piss me off with their shitty patronage of wack songs
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Everybody around me

I used to think the same about Shady/Aftermath but also listened to wu and a lot of other music

My friends I made at that time still listen shady/aftermath and don't really like wu

Another friend, who introduced me to wu started to listen to all kinds of other music and doesn't really listen to hiphop anymore

OH, and I'm happy because Brooklyn Zu by ODB is on tv and this is the first wu-video I saw on tv for like a year
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
WuTangKillaBee

WuTangKillaBee grasshopper

Punch, how do I sound as ignorant as my friends? They are the ones who dislike the music without even giving it a damn chance, it would be a different story if they actually listened to some of the music and THEN said they dont like it, im cool with that, if u dont like it u dont like it, but u gotta atleast listen to the shit before u say u dont like it..
WuTangKillaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:28 PM   #6
TGambino
Veteran Member

TGambino iron monkeyTGambino iron monkeyTGambino iron monkey

^yea u do. ppl like whatever they like.

do u know how retarded u look when u try to put over some other niggas music to all your friends?? very.
TGambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:29 PM   #7
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I have to say i'm pretty much the same, I can't stand Sean Paul and all that

Although I wouldn't diss anyone others music, that's disrespectfull

Last edited by Rame; 10-24-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:48 PM   #8
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuTangKillaBee View Post
Punch, how do I sound as ignorant as my friends? They are the ones who dislike the music without even giving it a damn chance, it would be a different story if they actually listened to some of the music and THEN said they dont like it, im cool with that, if u dont like it u dont like it, but u gotta atleast listen to the shit before u say u dont like it..
You said they would listen to it for a minute then shut it off, they do give it a chance and don't like it, the same as you do to their music. So if they are ignorant you are as well.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:52 PM   #9
hidden ninja

hidden ninja grasshopper

big deal, some people just don't like Wu-Tang.
hidden ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:35 PM   #10
Wu-tang Fan
Veteran Member

Wu-tang Fan drunken mastaWu-tang Fan drunken mastaWu-tang Fan drunken masta

Yeah. Fuck Wu-Tang.
Wu-tang Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:40 PM   #11
Meta4
Poet Of The Streets

Meta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal son

Everyone got personal preference but bad taste is bad taste plain and simple. Not tryin to smash on Aftermath or G-Unit but they hold no flames to 90's Hip-Hop and what it did for the art/culture of Hip-Hop.
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:54 PM   #12
Sean
Wu Vatican

Sean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of fury

My friends like everything that is out, basically. They often say they don't like 50 Cent etc but they got them on their iPods and shit. They all say they like Wu Tang, but could probably only name 2 or 3 songs and maybe 1 or 2 members.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:55 PM   #13
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

ignorants are not the ones that do not listen or like Wu but the ones that don't like Wu or any other good Mc and don't recognize they skills

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Last edited by RagnaroK; 10-24-2006 at 08:33 PM.
RagnaroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:16 PM   #14
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Not all hip hop heads like wu-tang you know, there are mc's that do the real shit that I just don't like, not because I think they don't have skills or don't stick to what hip hop is about but just because I don't feel them.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:28 PM   #15
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yo WuTangKillaBee to be honest with u..........the same shits been happenin to me with my friends like for years now and i was startin to get so sick of it this summer that i basically stopped hangin out with some of those kids...

sounds crazy but like time and time and time again i be in someones car and they put on some SHIIIT and like they all jammin to it singin the words and shit and im just like sittin there tryin to hear this garbage music wonderin how they like this shit...and then i wood get into arguments with them n shit cuz they actually think thats good, or this emcee is good or whatever, and they have no Wu cds at all, no Nas really at all, no good old mid-90s shit......and it drives me fuckin INSANE..

usually if i wood get in someones car and they know me there like "oh i no u hate this man" or somthin and in that case id be like "nah, wutever yo, everybody likes there own shit".....but when u think ur a hip-hop fan and ur puttin on that watered down, superficial, fake garbage shit (with SHITTY BEATS NO LESS!!) i really cant even be friends with u....

one good thing tho....just this summer i turned two of my friends into huge Wu heads....just cuz we wood have a blaze with just me and them or wutever and id get in their whip or theyd get in mine and id be like yo im puttin this on.....and im like rappin along to whatever Wu song it is and they hear the words clearly and shit and they start buggin cuz they never realized wut was really bein said ("the dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum")...and soon enough theyd be askin me to burn my albums for them...

ive tried it with my other friends but they deaf, dumb, and blind.............so fuck em