news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 10-27-2006, 10:05 PM   #1
Divinity21

Divinity21 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Divinity21
Default Tru Master Suing RZA???

Rap Star Sues Producers for Royalties
By MATTHEW CHAYES
Special to the Sun
October 27, 2006

Hip-hop artist True Master, who has produced records for some of the biggest names in rap — including Method Man, the Wu-Tang Clan, and the late Ol' Dirty Bastard — is accusing music companies Wu-Tang Productions, Diggs Family Music, Nassir Music, and others of breaking their contracts with him and "unjust enrichment" at his expense by not paying him the royalties the contracts require.

True Master says he delivered the music as promised.

The lawsuit filed yesterday in New York State Supreme Court isn't the first time True Master, whose legal name is Derrick Harris, has sparred with record labels and music companies. He filed a similar complaint in Manhattan federal court last year. A judge in that case dismissed several of the counts, including one of copyright infringement, against some of the plaintiffs, which includes Sony BMG Music.

Mr. Harris's lawsuit marks the second time this week that hip-hop has made an appearance in Centre Street courts.

Rap diva Foxy Brown and the indefatigable Busta Rhymes both faced misdemeanor assault charges in unrelated cases on Tuesday.

Mr. Harris has performed himself, notably on Jazzmatazz, Vol. 2, and one of his only solo tracks, "Who's the Truest." Lawyers for the plaintiff and the defendants couldn't be reached last night for comment.

this really sucks
Divinity21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
Cesar
Veteran Member

Cesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinity21 View Post
this really sucks
Yup.
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:14 PM   #3
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

true master just doing what he has to do to obtain his due wages.

pay the man.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
sonny getz
WTRB

sonny getz grasshopper

If he deserves the money then he should get it.
If he's just trying to scam people then fuck him.

WU TANG RULES AGAIN
sonny getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:03 PM   #5
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Damn that sucks, I wonder what this will mean for the future of True master as a wu element and his relationship with the wu?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:20 PM   #6
Sicka than aidZ
JOKER FAM

Sicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venoms

soundz like he'z done wit da wu, atleast done working wit em
Old 10-27-2006, 11:20 PM   #7
Lil' Ruger
Fukkin Vet!!!!

Lil' Ruger crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to Lil' Ruger

i hope they put out a diss track.

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin
Lil' Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:26 PM   #8
Cesar
Veteran Member

Cesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimptastic View Post
For what????
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:28 PM   #9
ZiG 9th
Universal builder

Location: Holdin down the North Eastern corner of the U.S. Matrix
ZiG 9th Village Idiot
Send a message via AIM to ZiG 9th Send a message via Yahoo to ZiG 9th

Damn that sux! But haven't we heard of RZA doing this to Killah Priest and other wu-related artist before? I hope they can come 2 some kinda of an agreement? True Master is a vital part of the wu, that gives us the sound that we wanna hear.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:09 AM   #10
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

damn thats weak; a broken link in the wu fam

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:16 AM   #11
Lil' Ruger
Fukkin Vet!!!!

Lil' Ruger crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to Lil' Ruger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar View Post
For what????

for suing them they could just put some dope shit on a song and call him a snitch that would work.

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin
Lil' Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:56 AM   #12
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think royalties are what Cappa was all upset about at one point too...around the time the cab-driver stuff was comin out he was complainin about royalties...

i REALLY hope this doesnt mean hes finished as far as being connected with the Wu and makin beats for them and shit....Tru is amazing

i hate all this shit man...like 20-30 years from now ppl are gonna be lookin back on this whole Wu-Tang stuff as like a crazy story just like any other famous bands in history....they all came up poor and hungry, totally blew up and achieved maaaad success and gained all kinds of die-hard fans all over the world....and then slowly started deteriorating, having feuds and problems within and all kinds of business problems n shit....

the story of the Wu (and i mean like the WHOLE story, after most of them are dead and shit..or just totally out of it) will make a real good movie one day...
Old 10-28-2006, 12:57 AM   #13
sonny getz
WTRB

sonny getz grasshopper

Quote:
for suing them they could just put some dope shit on a song and call him a snitch that would work.
sounds like something 50 would do.
wu tang's got class.

WU TANG RULES AGAIN
sonny getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:20 AM   #14
Sicka than aidZ
JOKER FAM

Sicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venoms

Quote:
lmfao!!
Old 10-28-2006, 01:24 AM   #15
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

That's shitty news but still not a great excuse as to why True Master disappeared completely. He should work with SOMEONE at least.