news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-28-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default some cool stuff about WEED...

this shit is cool...i discovered this the other day, maybe u guys knew about it already..

this Harvard professor was doin studies on weed in the 60s in an attempt to write a book about how bad it is and shit and he discovered somethin crazy....it wasnt bad at all, in fact it was actually good....and less bad for ur health than alcohol or cigarettes..

i havent been able to find the book (Marijuana Reconsidered) anywhere but this website has alot of his essays about weed and essays from some other intelligent peeps (Carl Sagan, a famous scientist).....

alota enjoyable stuff to read in that essays section....and u can actually contribute ur own essay if u want...hes tryin to collect enough to put together another book

i recommend the weed-heads shood check it out...

http://www.marijuana-uses.com/learn.html

Learn

There are no truths, only stories.
-Simon Ortiz, Acoma Pueblo poet

You and I are among the more than 70 million Americans who have used cannabis -- and possibly among the more than ten million who use it regularly. We know that people smoke marijuana not because they are driven by uncontrollable "Reefer Madness" craving, as some propaganda would lead us to believe, but because they have learned its value from experience. Yet almost all of the research, writing, political activity, and legislation devoted to marijuana has been concerned only with the question of whether it is harmful and how much harm it does. The only exception is the growing medical marijuana movement, but as encouraging as that movement is, it represents only one category of marijuana use. The rest are sometimes grouped under the general heading of "recreational", but that is hardly an adequate description of, say, marijuana's capacity to catalyze ideas and insights, heighten the appreciation of music and art, or deepen emotional and sexual intimacy.

These kinds of marijuana experiences, which I like to call "enhancement", are often misunderstood and under-appreciated -- not only by non-users, but even by some users, especially young people who are interested mainly in promoting sociability and fun. Most of marijuana's powers of enhancement are not as immediately available as its capacity to lift mood or improve appetite and the taste of food. Some learning may be required, and one way to learn is through other people's experience. Some colleagues and I hope to promote this kind of learning by assembling an anthology of accounts of cannabis enhancement experiences. It is our hope that these stories will ultimately provide the basis for a book. Toward that end, we seek to identify contributors who are willing to share their knowledge of the uses of cannabis.

Accounts judged to be useful will be posted on this web site as they are received. The longer ones will be presented as Essays and the shorter ones as Brief Accounts. Interesting comments received on any of these contributions to the web site will be presented at the end of the essay or brief account. Some contributors may wish to share their e-mail address. If and when the collection is of a quality and quantity which would justify publication as an anthology, a book proposal will be written.

A little about me. I am on the faculty (emeritus) of the Harvard Medical School in the Department of Psychiatry. I have been studying cannabis since 1967 and have published two books on the subject. In 1971 Marihuana Reconsidered was published by Harvard University Press. Marihuana, the Forbidden Medicine, coauthored with James B. Bakalar, was published in 1993 by Yale University Press; the revised and expanded edition appeared in 1997. Other books include The Speed Culture: The Use and Abuse of Amphetamines in America, Cocaine: A Drug and its Social Evolution, Psychedelic Drugs Reconsidered, and Psychedelic Reflections.

I have posted as the first essay on the web site "A Cannabis Odyssey", an essay about my personal involvement with this issue. I identify myself as a cannabis user, but contributors who wish to remain anonymous can; some may want to use a pseudonym.

Most contributors will know what they want to write and how to go about it. However, for those who are in doubt, I suggest you read a few of the essays to get a sense of some of the ways these ideas can be presented. I hope you will be interested in submitting a contribution.

Cordially,

Lester Grinspoon, M.D.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
Sicka than aidZ
JOKER FAM

Sicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venoms

ill bet that guy got all da heavenly crush he'll ever need, a friend wit weed is a friend indeed
Old 10-28-2006, 09:13 PM   #3
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

no smoke is good smoke
Old 10-28-2006, 09:24 PM   #4
the silencer

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHX View Post
no smoke is good smoke
ive unfortunately discovered that on my own...

i (and the stuff i referenced) am not saying that smoking weed is good for u..even tho i may have accidentally said that in my first post..

its just that alot of the negative stuff thats been put forth about weed hasnt been true....

the smoke is, of course, bad for ur respiratory system...thats really the only thing that stops me from blazing more often than i do......but its alot less bad for u than cigarette smoke......and there hasnt been direct links between smoking pot and lung cancer as opposed to cigarettes...
Old 10-28-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
LHX
healthy merking

Quote:
Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
ive unfortunately discovered that on my own...

i (and the stuff i referenced) am not saying that smoking weed is good for u..even tho i may have accidentally said that in my first post..

its just that alot of the negative stuff thats been put forth about weed hasnt been true....

the smoke is, of course, bad for ur respiratory system...thats really the only thing that stops me from blazing more often than i do......but its alot less bad for u than cigarette smoke......and there hasnt been direct links between smoking pot and lung cancer as opposed to cigarettes...
good points

the difference between weed and tobacco available at stores is the same as the difference between eating natural foods and processed foods

heaven only knows what exactly it is that you are smoking after tobacco has been treated and processed

they put so many chemical preservatives in it, it prolly cant even be considered tobacco anymore

weed has the benefit of not being nearly as tampered with
Old 10-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #6
the silencer

LHX, when u gonna hit me up with a response on the I Ching stuff in pm??
Old 10-28-2006, 09:42 PM   #7
LHX
healthy merking

yo man i thought the ball was in your court on that business

didnt i get back at you?
Old 10-28-2006, 09:44 PM   #8
the silencer

nah, i sent u a pm like 2 weeks ago...never got a response
Old 10-28-2006, 09:45 PM   #9
LHX
healthy merking

my secretary is gon get fired over this

fat ass or not
Old 10-28-2006, 11:18 PM   #10
Civilison
Veteran Member

Civilison crouching tigerCivilison crouching tiger

without a doubt it is an herb that is considered by many sacred

whether it is smoked or not

it can be beneficial physically in terms of the fibres and the nutritious seeds and spiritually by exciting qi. this is one ofe the reasons why people trip out considering the fact that qi gets aroused and takes the consciousness onto levels it doesnt reach during regularity.

rastas believe it has a cleasning spiritual effect and burns the sins of the wicked

ganja has never really been used recreationally they way it is now. it was a part of many sacred ancient rituals.

shiva was said to be hiding from the sun under a cannibis plant and is believed to be perpetually intoxicated. buddha existed on one seed a day ... some traditional myths

it is an interesting herb that engulfed our world

peace
Civilison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:36 AM   #11
zeppelin2k
Masta Flows

zeppelin2k grasshopper

who says u have to SMOKE it

you can vaporize it with none of the negative effects of smoking, and it is 3 times more potent that way so u use less

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK
zeppelin2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:35 PM   #12
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin2k View Post
who says u have to SMOKE it

you can vaporize it with none of the negative effects of smoking, and it is 3 times more potent that way so u use less
Can you elaborate on that technique please?
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:39 PM   #13
TurnThePage

TurnThePage grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to TurnThePage

go buy a vaporizer lol^
Old 10-29-2006, 12:42 PM   #14
the silencer

ppl have discussed the other ways u cood use weed on this forum a bunch of times...but smokin it is the most convenient i think.....id rather be able to drink it in a tea or vaporize it or eat it or whatever......but most of the time someone hands me a bone and i just hit it....simple as that
Old 10-29-2006, 12:54 PM   #15
zeppelin2k
Masta Flows

zeppelin2k grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwu View Post

Can you elaborate on that technique please?
http://www.americansmokeless.com/index2.htm

there is a small way to vape

but there are more advanced ways:
http://www.marijuanavaporizer.com/main.html

VAPIR is nice

http://www.marijuanavaporizer.com/re...vaporizer.html

Keep it blacker than the back of ya necK
zeppelin2k is offline   Reply With Quote