news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Rating
10 0 0%
9 4 100.00%
8 0 0%
7 0 0%
6 0 0%
5 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default 7L & Esoteric ~ The Soul Purpose

7L & Esoteric ~ The Soul Purpose

1. Dwight Spits Intro
2. Verbal Assault
3. Terror To Your Ear
4. Operating Correctly (feat. Mr. Lif)
5. Call Me E.S.
6. My Rhyme Pt II
7. Jealous Over Nothing
8. Chain Reaction (feat. Vinnie Paz)
9. Think Back
10. Interlude - Terra What ?
11. Mic Mastery
12. Public Execution (feat. Apathy & Celph)
13. You Know The Concept
14. Speaking Real Words (feat. Inspectah Deck)
15. First Letter
16. The Soul Purpose
17. Rep The Hardest (feat. Karma)
18. Play It Cool
19. Guest List
20. State Of The Art

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This is my favourite 7L & Esoteric album, the peak of their career in terms of beats and rhymes, the production on the album is a real standout. Dope guest appearances (especialy deck) tops of the album.
Overall = 9/10

Last edited by Longbongcilvaringz; 03-31-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I have been peeping some of these guys material and I have to say it's dope, I love Esoterics beats.

What are all the albums in order?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:49 PM   #4
ArcherPriest
black pope

ArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venomsArcherPriest five deadly venoms

yea.. they shits tight
ArcherPriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:51 PM   #5
Longbongcilvaringz

7L makes the beats, Esoteric rhymes.

all their album are good except their most recent effort which is terrible.
i'd say that you should checl out their stuff in this order

1. The Soul Purpose
2. Dangerous Connections
3. Bars Of Death

dont bother with "A New Dope", trust me its far from on it.

heres a track from "Dangerous Connections", called "Stalker", dope beat and pretty amusing lyrics, just a sampler for people.

7L & Esoteric - Stalker

ps.

i was expecting most responses to contain the phrase "nerd rap", good to see some people are open minded.

peace.

Last edited by Longbongcilvaringz; 11-16-2006 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:54 PM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I have dangerous connections which I had downloaded because I wanted to try it first, thought it was heavy but yeah their latest I thought was quite shit.

btw.....yeah my bad 7l does the beats.

Method Man
Old 11-29-2006, 03:47 AM   #7
TAURO
El Don of this shit

I just bought Soul Purpose and Bars of death online, curently waiting for it now, I can't wait.

Method Man
Old 11-29-2006, 06:27 AM   #8
Longbongcilvaringz

cool, hopefully you enjoy em'.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:31 AM   #9
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

imma need to check it out definately !!!!

i'm a big aotp fan (and jmt offcourse)

esoteric got a sick flow..thanks mate
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #10
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Soul Purpose is one of the few recent east coast underground classics. I say recent because it was made like 6 years ago...but that is like the new era when the east started slipping.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:06 AM   #11
Longbongcilvaringz

you know, in addition to the great music on this album, "Terra What" is one of the funniest random skits ive heard. anyone know what movie that is from?

Old 11-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #12
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illstatiq. View Post
you know, in addition to the great music on this album, "Terra What" is one of the funniest random skits ive heard. anyone know what movie that is from?
yeah i remember that....I thought that was from some kind of 70's cartoon....one of the science fiction ones....Rocket Robin Hood?

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:51 PM   #13
youngdeck01

youngdeck01 grasshopper

7L & ESO are nasty. This album soul purpose was my first underground album, and damn did it open my ears to other shit. This is a real hiphop album, def worth buying if ne one is curious about it. Deck obviously shines on "Speaking Real Words", but my personal favorite was "Mic Mastery"
youngdeck01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #14
DJMethods
Wu Vatican

DJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of fury

Dope as album. I got their EP "Speaking Real Words" and was pumped for other shit.. sadly I gotta say "A New Dope" was horrible, it got one listen and I skipped 90% of tracks. So went and did a bit of research, and people said if you liked Speaking Real Words then you'd like Soul Purpose.. 100% spot on.

Had heard the Deck track off the EP, but had some other gems on there. LOVE Mic Mastery, white big L style battle rap with a mad "Jaws"-like beat.

Check Speaking Real Words if you liked this.. I had to d/l it, but it's worth it for a lot of songs.. appearence by J-Live, Virtuoso, Apathy.. shit is dope as.

BTW, anyone know when Demigodz album is dropping? Been waiting on that for too long.
DJMethods is offline   Reply With Quote