news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #661
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

Rangers Beat The Leafs Tonight The Rangers Vs. Philly Home And Home Series Is Going To Be Great Hated Rival Possible Playoff Spot On The Line Can't Wait. Even Though It Won't Lead To Anything In The Playoffs You Still Battle To Get There.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #662
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

just got a letter from the penguins. our season tickets are going down $12 per ticket in the new arena next year. holy shit, how did that happen.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #663
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle? View Post
^ wut-ever happened to the high-lighted puck..
They should bring the highlighed puck back since they are bringing things like 3D and Crystal Clear Coke back.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #664
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

wasn't it crystal clear pepsi??

the glowing puck was one of the worst things ever. for some reason, it seems like hockey was trying to destroy itself in the mid 90s. everything they did, drove fans away.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #665
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

^Except for Sega

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #666
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

haha, i still play nhl 93 every now and again
Old 04-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #667
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I think the ratings were better in the mid 90's though. It might have had something to do with the glowing puck and allowing less people to get a headache.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #668
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

the ratings were better because hockey had a contract with espn. espn attracts more viewers than versus.

everything hockey did in the 90s ruined the spoort.

glowing pucks
expansion into warm markets without any knowledge of hockey
allowing teams to leave canada for u.s. markets
not calling penalties which slowed the game down and gave lesser talented defenseman an advantage over the offensive superstars
increasing the size of the crease
allowing an increase in the size of goaltender's equipment

Old 04-09-2010, 04:49 AM   #669
Eradicate
Profanity

Eradicate crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to Eradicate

how about those redwings?? =)
Eradicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #670
check two
N.I.

Well I think the VS channel fits the NHL fan demographic pretty well. They play things like fishing and hunting shows.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #671
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Well I think the VS channel fits the NHL fan demographic pretty well. They play things like fishing and hunting shows.

in case you aren't joking,

hockey's best markets in the U.S. (Chicago, Detroit, New York, Philly, Pittsburgh, Boston, DC) aren't exactly what you would call hunting/fishing towns.

i don't know what the numbers are, but i'm sure that ESPN has a much larger audience and market share than versus and that the NHL wishes they could be back on espn again.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #672
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Ovechkin would never do this...

Last night, Sidney Crosby had the opportunity to score his 50th goal of the season. In fact, he did score his 50th goal of the season. Then why, when you check on NHL.com, does it say that he only has 49 goals?

That’s because Sid The Kid actually told the official scorers to credit the goal that they awarded to him to his teammate Bill Guerin, who actually got a slight piece of the puck before it went into the net.

With just a 1 goal lead for the most in the league, Crosby’s act of honesty might cause him to finish second or third in the league in goals by the time the season is over.

If you were Crosby, would you have been as honest?
Old 04-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #673
check two
N.I.

Well it does seem like alot of hockey fans are rednecks. Even more so than wrestling fans.

I give props to Crosby. He has come out in the open about things on the ice and off of it.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #674
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

i am ashamed to admit that i went to a wrestling event once in my adult years. a friend of mine got some luxury box seats at mellon arena for monday night raw a few years back. first of all, there was nothing luxurious about them. no wonder we are getting a new arena next season. anyways, the amount of white trash that was there for that event exceeded my wildest dreams.

and i'm not just saying that because i'm a hockey fan and not a wrestling fan. hockey fans really aren't rednecks. hockey is a very expensive sport to play and an expensive sport to attend a game . (atleast in the successful markets)
Old 04-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #675
check two
N.I.

Not every hockey fan attends the games. There are plenty that tune in at home in their trailer while combing their mullet. Wrestling events can be expensive to go to also, and they can bring in a whole lot of money. The NHL would be ecstatic if they could trade places with the WWE. Raw is the most watched cable show week in and week out.