news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 11-23-2006, 12:01 AM   #16
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

my calculations tell me that 2007 ain't gonna be nuffin to play wiff

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:08 AM   #17
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is wishful thinkin i guess but..

my initial thoughts on this are that the OTHER side of the coin...the gods n ppl like that....like Wu-Tang and all outspoken godbodies..are feelin the same thing and are gonna start makin some serious crazy music soon...

thats just what i hope...
Old 11-23-2006, 12:15 AM   #18
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

lol

maybe you dont realize it, but people get tired as they get older yo
Old 11-23-2006, 12:50 AM   #19
the silencer

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

back to the point of the thread...

some quick diggin around showed me that myspace is owned by Rupert Murdoch....same dude who owns Fox News and all that shit..
Old 11-23-2006, 12:53 AM   #20
froth
Yacub grafted me

froth crouching tigerfroth crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to froth

you can set your shit where people cant read it if you dont want. i use it because i have friends all over the country and beyond and its easy to stay in touch and share bullshit. it is obviously gonna be looked at by employers and cops but hell, sites like youtbue are breaking a lot of police brutality cases open and serving a purpose. its sharing information on a crazy scale but im not paranoid about it. its just glorified email not some mark of the beast shit. relax, if they want you they will get you, there aint shit you can do.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:02 AM   #21
the silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by froth View Post
you can set your shit where people cant read it if you dont want. i use it because i have friends all over the country and beyond and its easy to stay in touch and share bullshit. it is obviously gonna be looked at by employers and cops but hell, sites like youtbue are breaking a lot of police brutality cases open and serving a purpose. its sharing information on a crazy scale but im not paranoid about it. its just glorified email not some mark of the beast shit. relax, if they want you they will get you, there aint shit you can do.
i dig what ur sayin froth...

but the main point im tryin to make is that i feel like its somethin the govt made to hand to kids like a little stupid toy....and they just keep playin with it forever and dont open their eyes to the shit that the gov is doin while ur playin with this toy..

and this aint a diss to ppl that are on myspace...im totally aware theres good purposes of it for ppl like u...communicatin with ur foreign peeps or whatever....

but ive seen too many retards on there....im convinced of what i said
Old 11-23-2006, 01:56 AM   #22
froth
Yacub grafted me

froth crouching tigerfroth crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to froth

well its def a reflection on culture and it is pretty sad in some cases. i agree with that. but if you are looking for a conspiratorial angle, you need not look any further than what it actually is in reality. it is a huge, effective marketing tool. you ARE being targeted based on likes/dislikes etc. its all in the fine print, for anyone to see. in fact, there are myriad ways that corporations are getting information on you, wether to utilize themselves, or sell to the highest bidder.

i got into a debate with someone about this and since i am prone to try and look at both sides of things, im not totally convinced this is a BAD thing. i mean, i would rather be approached with marketing that fits me domgraphically than say, 'ive fallen and i cant get up' type medical devices or what not. youre going to be bombarded with advertising regardless. it is a trade off to use a site like that for a positive purpose, be it activism or simply keeping in touch with a buddy in colorado; it is a trade off that i am not convinced is any more sinister than targeted marketing.

as far as police looking at it etc, i would hope they do. it seems like a no brainer for police or prospective employers. i mean, if it was YOUR business and youve got a possible employee that may have drug addictions, etc, i hate to say it but people are in business to make money and i dont blame them at all.

so to sum it up, i dont think it is a government created dohickey, it is just a very, very effective marketing tool and its worth it to me.

Last edited by froth; 11-23-2006 at 01:59 AM.
froth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:02 AM   #23
Sexy Jasper
Fuck your thing

Sexy Jasper shaolin monk
Send a message via ICQ to Sexy Jasper Send a message via AIM to Sexy Jasper Send a message via MSN to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Yahoo to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Skype™ to Sexy Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHX View Post
we are being forced to live in a way that we dont mind being spied on

from a certain perspective, the only people that have a problem wiff being spied on are people who are ashamed of what they are doing
OR
people who are plotting against the system
or people who don't trust the people observing and people who like their privacy.

I don't have a myspace thing, not because I think it's some government trick, but simply because I don't want to be part of the movement and I can't be bothered doing all kinds of HTML tasks with fancy colours and flying anuses.

Sexy Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:46 AM   #24
GuardianOne
Taoist Saint

GuardianOne grasshopper
Send a message via Skype™ to GuardianOne

There was a rumor that youtube was acquired by google...

Not sure if its true?

Peace
GuardianOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:58 AM   #25
Sexy Jasper
Fuck your thing

Sexy Jasper shaolin monk
Send a message via ICQ to Sexy Jasper Send a message via AIM to Sexy Jasper Send a message via MSN to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Yahoo to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Skype™ to Sexy Jasper

That's true, but what has that got to do with anything here?

Old 11-23-2006, 08:12 AM   #26
LHX
healthy merking

Quote:
Originally Posted by With Erika View Post
or people who don't trust the people observing and people who like their privacy.

I don't have a myspace thing, not because I think it's some government trick, but simply because I don't want to be part of the movement and I can't be bothered doing all kinds of HTML tasks with fancy colours and flying anuses.
1. lol trust

2. what are the virtues of privacy?
Old 11-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #27
Sexy Jasper
Fuck your thing

Sexy Jasper shaolin monk

1. What?

2. Well, I like to take a crap in piece, would you like it if there was a man in black standing next to you while you're pooping?

Old 11-23-2006, 08:44 AM   #28
LHX
healthy merking

does lack of privacy rule out 'taking a crap in peace'?

i would giggle if there was a man in black standing next to me when i was taking a dump

thats like the pinnacle of oppression - people getting paid to monitor a bowel movement

worse than child labor

maybe not worse than youth prostitution
Old 11-23-2006, 08:51 AM   #29
GuardianOne
Taoist Saint

GuardianOne grasshopper
Send a message via Skype™ to GuardianOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by With Erika View Post
That's true, but what has that got to do with anything here?

Websites...Who owns them and whose running them!

Cause we have servers all over the continents... I remember in the mid 1990s we had to use modems and satelites.....(tokyo)

Peace
PS: as of interest watch how most company acquire other smaller webhosting sites (monopoly)...so watch where the internet is going...I have my poweredge blade servers working and i need to have control over all the network!
GuardianOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 08:53 AM   #30
Sexy Jasper
Fuck your thing

Sexy Jasper shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHX View Post
does lack of privacy rule out 'taking a crap in peace'?
Possibly. I wouldn't like it if the government could see everything I do, because yes, I have things I rather hide. Besides, instead of using their spyware to catch evil terrorists, they'll abuse their spy eyes to catch people speeding, jaywalking, riding without bicycle light and other misdemeanors.