news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 11-29-2006, 10:11 AM   #16
sonny getz
WTRB

sonny getz grasshopper

i dunno much about superb, but it sounds like he's just tryin to leech of ghost's success

WU TANG RULES AGAIN
sonny getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #17
M4TH3M4T1CS

M4TH3M4T1CS grasshopper

is superb still in jail?
M4TH3M4T1CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:19 AM   #18
pneumatic
The Preacher

pneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal son

I think so... not certain
Old 11-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #19
SaqurakiHanamichi
CLANSMAN

SaqurakiHanamichi shaolin monk

if superb was sp then he is a genious
SaqurakiHanamichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #20
lozela

lozela grasshopper

Ghost style changed on supreme, if you notice thats when he started kicking the 8 bags of ravioli type lyrics
lozela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #21
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

ballistic crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to ballistic

wow that sounds pretty serious...it doesnt sound like hes just rambling. of course im not really sure how to gauge the truth in a purported ghostwriter's announcements, but at first glance it doesnt seem like nonsense. ghost is one of my favorite MCs, so for me to believe this would be to completely renounce ghost; he would fall from the ranks of my favorites....that would be a major disappointment. i mean come on, we all love ghost. do yall think this is really true? and i wonder if ghost ever responded...ghost did change his style notably between ironman and supreme, but it was a gradual thing...if you listen to his guest spots and clan album verses between the two, you can see the metamorphosis. in BPW, he kept with a similar style, but then it all but disappeared after that album. hm....i must say this is a bit worrying. for a jealous guy just trying to get attention, superb's words are very measured and exact. could supreme clientele, the crowning glory of ghost's catalogue, really not be his?

ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:46 PM   #22
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

I think it has more to do with dust than Lord Superb; I think that guy is a bit lame and these accusations are outrageous!
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:39 PM   #23
Jamal Arief
Veteran Member

Jamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkey

Lord Superb got a big ego!
He's dope though, so it's alright.

Personally, I just think that during a career of 15 or 20+ years, every MC will bite a lot of shit from your environment, consciously and subconsciously.
As for the Wu, dudes like Apocalipps, Fes Taylor, King Just, Trife, Timbo King etc. all claimed to have provided words, lines, hooks etc. for famous MC's. And there ain't too many famous MC's on SI...

Well, it's a shame that very often people don't get the credit they deserve, but I guess that's life. SC is a banging album, so I don't care too much, especially if it's just hearsay or one-sided claims.

Peace.
Jamal Arief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #24
Dominus Santorini
Mauling Panda's Rampage

Dominus Santorini crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Dominus Santorini Send a message via AIM to Dominus Santorini Send a message via MSN to Dominus Santorini

I have a feeling there is truth in Superb's words, the question is...how much is shared/agreed reality (Anyone would agree) and how much is delusion or perspective (at a certain angle this would appear to be true, much like how ones perception can alter their truth?
Dominus Santorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #25
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

^good point

first of all, has superb every himself spit anything of the same caliber as what ghost spat on SC? im sure ive heard him before, but ive never really gone out of my way to really pay attention specifically to his verses to the point where i can conjure 'Superb verses' in my mind.

i wouldnt mind too much here if he was just accusing ghost of using his style...thats not a big deal at all. many artists draw inspiration from others; a style doesnt have to be conceived by an artist for it to be their own. but exact lyrics is quite another matter. we're talking about one of the premiere MCs of New York, the last of a dying breed, a remarkably consistent, enigmatic, and profusely worshipped lyricist. ghost makes his living off of his own originality. so for there to be at least mildly credible allegations of him stealing verses and flows to create perhaps one of the better and most heralded albums of the past decade is flabbergasting to me.

but again, god o mighty brings up a good point here. what constitutes stealing lines and flows, or even whole verses? perhaps superb is exaggerating, speaking furiously in hyperbole. or maybe there was a misunderstanding.

i really dont know, but its irking me. someone needs to come in here with inside information or more evidence or something! this is too big to be swept under the rug.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:27 PM   #26
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^^Yeah thats what Im saying the guy is a mediocre lyricist himself and hes claiming to be ghostwriting for GFK thats lame just for some attenion. Look at his rhymes on SC that shows you right there he is not that talented
Old 11-29-2006, 07:46 PM   #27
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

yeah..but would someone who really hadnt ghostwritten for someone at all still come out and say the things superb did? i mean its not like he was just sort of lightly saying something out of resentment like "ahh fuck that dude i wrote SC...he aint shit" or something...if he is its a very well-crafted statement. he sounds so emotional and fired up in that interview, at least just from reading it. he sounds justifiably bitter....he knows how big a statement it is to claim writing credits for supreme clientele; thats a classic album. if he hadnt had some part in it, would he really say something as outrageous as "supreme clientele, that was me"? i dont know man. something isnt lining up here.

but it is generally agreed that superb has never rapped on the level of Ghost before?

Old 11-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #28
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

http://forums.sohh.com/showthread.php?t=785746&page=4

this has been taken over to SOHH too...thread links this one. there's some good insight there.

i dont know...its not disputable that ghost's style changed when superb started hanging out with him...and when he stopped, he dropped that style all together. it seems very possible that he might have gotten at least some lines here and there from this guy. say it aint so ghost.....

but like i said, just because he changed styles between the ironman and SC album doesnt automatically mean that there was ghostwriting involved. ghost's verses were already kind of nutty during the ironman days...it does seem like the natural artistic process, in that light. just a question of how much superb was involved in that process.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:49 PM   #29
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

cmon to me its obvious the dude that wrote:

Coconut jewels, wore no color shoe, knife annual
Moses lost his sandal, hidin the manual
Blow the vandal buggin off of Bon Jovi hits
Grammer lo-ve, famous murder weapon was a trophy
Seize posin in Oshkosh, guzzle cries
Sabotage massage rap bandit at large
Wolverine Carnation Milk, Wu denim jeans

is the same man that wrote Nutmeg; his "emotional" style has always been there since before Impossible. Superbs;
Let me drop a bracelet, leave a chain behind
My tape stayn at the beginnin cuz that's how they rewind
Y'all know how we dine, we don't eat swine, and we don't drink wine
If you don't bring me some motherfuckin cognac, I kill you
I can't feel you
Ain't in my senses, and you ain't in my dollars
Old 11-29-2006, 09:05 PM   #30
ballistic
Mihdisiatic Mythocracy

yeah thats the puzzling thing. he didnt put on the same performance that ghost did...has he ever? that quote from that interview is haunting me though "he took flows, he took words, he took everything!" damn. i really have no clue on this one. ghost sounds like ghost on SC...it seems like he was working his way up to that album right before it came out, you know? but they did spend a lot of time together...if ghost took anything, i wonder what he took?