news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #46
Shaolin Bloody Sword
Golden Child

Shaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse75 View Post
i've only heard this record once so far. keep in mind, ghost is also my favorite member of the wu.

but perhaps it's cause i got a really low res quality version of the album, but to be honest, i was quite disappointed with it for the following reasons:

- the audio quality of the album seems quite poor. it's like they didn't invest any money in the production and especially the mixing of the album.

- lyrically, i think ghost is on point... the beats are okay, but the mixing kills it. you can barely hear the dynamics of the beats and the vocals all sound very low volume wise, blending into the beats and overall aren't very clear. did they even use a vocal booth? sounds like they just recorded this in someone's bedroom.

- it seems to be too much of a b-sides collection, as the album doesn't seem to be put together with much thought. no stories/movie samples or anything of the sort we've known the wu for.

- there are no other wu members on the album except donna and redman (honorary?)... what happened? not even u-god? killa? deck? meth? rae? rza? 'come on...

- it seems to also be a big promotion for Theodore Unit, esp. Trife (as always), Shawn Wiggs (the white dude), and his son: Sun God.

- so as far as an album goes, i would rank this as probrably my least favorite of all his albums due to the fact it seems like this was just an oppertunity to throw something together quick so ghost and jay can make some more cash over the holidays. i would imagine that this album wasn't given very much of a budget which is sad because it has sooo much potential!

hopefully the version that i got is just a rough draft or maybe it'll grow on me after a few more listens, cause in all honesty it's a really nice rough draft. it's audio quality is not really at 'album' quality and that KILLS it. this isn't a mixtape. no excuses. it's a MAJOR LABEL release too!

it is sad, because ghost i feel is at a pretty good point in his career and then he releases something like this... that sounds sloppy and half done. come on jay... what's going on at def jam? the nas one better be off the hook, cause kingdom come was a huge letdown.
U have the internet version... Don't be bitching about the mastering. It will be better on CD ! ppl like bitching over dumb stuff on this ite.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #47
Jim Kelly

Jim Kelly grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Bloody Sword View Post
U have the internet version... Don't be bitching about the mastering. It will be better on CD ! ppl like bitching over dumb stuff on this ite.
Lmao

You people on this forum have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about. The retail version will sound exactly the same, STFU!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #48
anti-social
Veteran Member

anti-social iron monkeyanti-social iron monkeyanti-social iron monkeyanti-social iron monkey

Jim Kelly...i think what the guy above you meant was that the quality will sound a lot better on the official cd then the bootleg ass copy the guy was complaing of. the version i have does not sound like it was recorded in a bedroom or basement. mine sounds like a real cd quality. the only thing is, whenever something is converted to mp3, it loses its original sound but hey i ain't complaining. but i doubt if the tracklisting changes. but from what i remember. the leak of fishscale was completely different than the cd version. because barbershop only had one verse.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #49
brooklyndodger
Veteran Member

brooklyndodger grasshopper

shit is a tight album. i like that alex shit. but what happend to shakey dogs 2? killah sin came off right. he's on some old rza style with his voice. mad grimmy and hungry. sound like he's growling. shit is butta to me.

"oh shit, look at them, they runnin on foot, they picked the car up on some flintsone shit"
ghost is stupid yo! lol
Old 12-01-2006, 08:45 PM   #50
xHard to Earnx
ADEPT

xHard to Earnx grasshopper

More like "More Weed Carriers."
Old 12-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #51
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

dick^...eloels
Old 12-01-2006, 09:22 PM   #52
mantis_fist
Veteran Member

mantis_fist crouching tigermantis_fist crouching tiger

Imo, this shit is not even clost to FISHSCALE! I really only liked about 5 songs on more fish! Like I said in the other thread, Gunz & Razors is DOPE! I think its the best song on the shit! To me more fish is about as good as the pretty toney lp, which is ghosts worse solo, then bulletproof wallets!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #53
xHard to Earnx
ADEPT

xHard to Earnx grasshopper

What's up with Masta Killa and Ghost rapping over old Doom beats? ENY House and now Guns N' Razors? This is ridiculous and not necessary.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:38 AM   #54
shahcronz
SHAOLIN STUDENT

shahcronz drunken mastashahcronz drunken mastashahcronz drunken masta
Send a message via ICQ to shahcronz

nice lp, i love block rock...
"knock the neighbourhood bully out, take his gun and pee on him"
LOL
Old 12-02-2006, 06:20 AM   #55
Jim Kelly

Jim Kelly grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-social View Post
Jim Kelly...i think what the guy above you meant was that the quality will sound a lot better on the official cd then the bootleg ass copy the guy was complaing of. the version i have does not sound like it was recorded in a bedroom or basement. mine sounds like a real cd quality. the only thing is, whenever something is converted to mp3, it loses its original sound but hey i ain't complaining. but i doubt if the tracklisting changes. but from what i remember. the leak of fishscale was completely different than the cd version. because barbershop only had one verse.

This is the retail rip though, not an advance.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:23 AM   #56
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29581
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Closed Thread