news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat > SID ROW

Old 12-06-2006, 01:33 AM   #1
MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE
Veteran Member

MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE shaolin monk
Default I hate the fact that some wu members...

I hate the fact that some wu members can't shine as well without the RZA(it seems like it, no?) on solo albums. It feels like they can't give a BETTER performance. Many albums prove it and the most recent is mastakilla's...What a BS album from an artist such as mastakilla! What a waste of his talent!

They are all very good artists each and every one of them and it gets to me when I buy a CD and I can't identify wu-tang to it or even feel it( it could be the beats, the flow or the rhymes chosen). Don't think I'm not open to new stuff or something different...not true.
We all know what wu-tang is and what they stand for. I don't think I need to give exemples.

I really wish I could hear a solo album today and go ohhh! shit ! And really, really get into it... like skipping class because of it. Bump my head non-stop and feel like I was exploring a new world. But they don't do does that much anymore...maybe one or two songs will get to you but it's rarely everything combined together.

what do y'all think?
Wu-tang is one thing that made my life more interresting lol. RZA inspires me. And to all of you people living with negativity inside yourselves...remember that if God is for us, who can be against us?
MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:37 AM   #2
Lil' Ruger
Fukkin Vet!!!!

Lil' Ruger crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to Lil' Ruger

so you're not talking about ghost face killa?

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin
Lil' Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:49 AM   #3
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

they just need to be inspired. back in the day, RZA's production inspired them to be ill MCs and drop classic verses. but in 2006 i dont think RZA is necessarily the answer.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:52 AM   #4
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

The Wailers never could really shine without Marley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:05 AM   #5
assmoney

assmoney grasshopper

i loved mk's new album...
assmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #6
TGambino
Veteran Member

TGambino iron monkeyTGambino iron monkeyTGambino iron monkey

if what you wrote in your sig is true then SMH @ your life
TGambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE
Veteran Member

Well ghost's fishscale wasen't really something extraordinary but I like many songs on in...
Wu-tang is one thing that made my life more interresting lol. RZA inspires me. And to all of you people living with negativity inside yourselves...remember that if God is for us, who can be against us?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:55 AM   #8
Ink Is My Drink
Veteran Member

Ink Is My Drink shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGambino View Post
if what you wrote in your sig is true then SMH @ your life
hahaha i took a look cos you said that. haha maybe abit too far....
Ink Is My Drink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
WuGambino
Veteran Member

WuGambino grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE View Post
Well ghost's fishscale wasen't really something extraordinary but I like many songs on in...
Exactly, there were some tracks with different producers that worked really well. Underwater has my mouth watering for the collabo. I thought the two tracks with J Dilla were just as good (especially Beauty Jackson).
Some of Fishscale was classic stuff, I know as an album it wasn't extraordinary but it shows promise.

But back to the other clan members, I just think some of them are completely musically inept. Yeah, they can spit a dope verse but they need to be able to put together an album and get the right production. RZA was good at putting an album together cohesively as well as doing all the beats himself and picking the best ones for Wu members. They just need to be able to pick out hot beats and give the album a nice consistent sound. Maybe theyre used to RZA holding their hands and guiding them all the way.
But I don't think RZA is the answer nowadays. The Generals need to get with some dope newer prducers. I know Muggs isn't new but Grandmasters was very good, they need to do more like that.
WuGambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #10
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

To the topic starter. SMH @ Sig. About the thread... I mean they aren't getting hot producers anymore niggaz is trash now the shit on Wu-Corp sound better than their shit. But wu never listens anyway so i'll stop typing. fuck it.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #11
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

thread starter is right
rza needs to force them into having some production from him, just so they can stop dropping weak albums which arent cohesive
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #12
MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE
Veteran Member

Why are you talking about my sig? Who cares all of u judging look miserable to me! I wrote this 3 years ago and can't change it..don't know how.

Anyway... I made this topic cause I remember when I first listened to Ironman, Ob4cl, the pillage, liquid swords, judgement day, tical, supreme clientelle, bobby digital what an effect they had on me... I just don't feel this way with poor albums nowadays. They brought us a different way of living and thinking with creativity ( don't y'all think so?) peace!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #13
MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE
Veteran Member

You know what I do now ...

I make compilations to make it good from start to finish! I took the best of ghost fishscale, mastakilla, INS resident patient, think differently wu meets inde, and some jedi mind tricks witch I like alot. And I my CD is banging lol.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #14
dogg

dogg grasshopper

i hope rza goes back to his old style and do this wu shit the right way get all the artist under one umbrella WU-TANG RECORDS.
dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:28 PM   #15
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ghost didnt need him for a whole album on SC.

But artists like U God, MAsta, Inspectah Deck and even GZA arent relevent any more without being part of the clan. Only original artists like Ghost and Meth can keep the shit going because they are different and charismatic

it was a big mistake not continuing the RZA collaborations, RZA & GZA souldve gone on for years making albums together.