news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Rating
10 26 60.47%
9 10 23.26%
8 2 4.65%
7 3 6.98%
6 1 2.33%
5 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2006, 12:32 AM   #1
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Binary Star ~ Masters of The Universe

Binary Star ~ Masters of The Universe

1 "Reality Check"
2 "Conquistadors"
3 "Solar Powered (Intro)"
4 "Solar Powered"
5 "Slang Blade (Intro)"
6 "Slang Blade"
7 "Binary Shuffle (Intro)"
8 "Binary Shuffle"
9 "Fellowship"
10 "New Hip Hop"
11 "Masters of the Universe"
12 "Indy 500"
13 "Evolution of Man"
14 "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Part 1)"
15 "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (Part 2)"
16 "Honest Expression"
17 "Honest Expression (Outro)"
18 "Glen Close"
19 "Wolfman Jack (Intro)"
20 "Wolfman Jack"
21 "OneManArmy"
22 "The KGB (Intro)"
23 "The KGB"
24 "Album Outro"

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This is, in my opinion, the best album to be released during the 21st century.

the last true hip hop classic to arrive.

10/10.

might do a full review later on.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:31 AM   #3
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I only have about 4 tracks from this album so far and it is fucking dope, this album is on my high priority list of albums im getting in the near future.

Props Ill for this because this is one of those albums that needs to be heard by some of these so called "hip hop heads" of the corp.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #4
Longbongcilvaringz

true, i dont think many people know it exists, but in comparison to the music that has come out recently which is labeled as "classic" this far exceeds it.

i was really surprised that i was able to find this at my record store, they even had about 3 copies of it. glad i picked one up.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:26 PM   #5
renagade410

renagade410 grasshopper

i own this album its a definite classic 10/10
renagade410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Because of this thread it had reminded me to pick up a copy so I just did, now im waiting for it to arrive.

Method Man
Old 12-11-2006, 06:59 AM   #7
Longbongcilvaringz

good news, to an extent binary star and one.be.lo restored a bit of faith for me in hip hop.

the style is classic, but i dont get the impression that they are copying or imitating 90's hip hop. thats what makes it good to me, there are several artists out that are dope, but that are just imitating an era that has been. i dont feel binary star do that.

anyway, enjoy.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:01 AM   #8
Polocash7
Veteran Member

Polocash7 shaolin monk

9.5 /10 dope ass LP
Old 12-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #9
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Finally had the chance to go through this album fully and well what can I say?....absolutely amazing.

Listening to this album really brought a smile to my face, the fact that both One.Be.Lo and Senim Silla really show a love for the music and the culture of hip hop really makes the album more of a satisfying experience.
The production is fantastic and raw and the fact that every track feels well implemented, not sounding like filler at all. Both mc's put a lot into this lyrically covering a good range of subjects.

I cant give it full marks now because I haven't had a chance to fully settle with it and judge whether it has good replayability but for now I give it a 9/10

I urge people to check this album if you haven't already, it really is a dope piece of hip hop that should be heard by all fans of hip hop.

Method Man
Old 07-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #10
Chungsanity
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Chungsanity sitting duck

masterpiece. one be lo is underrated like a motherfucka
Chungsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #11
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

One of the most slept on albums ever. 10/10.

One.be.lo's album s.o.n.o.g.r.a.m. is dope as well, although not on a level with the Binary Star album. Senim Silla just released his debut solo album, and so did Decompoze (who does most of the beats) but I aint got either yet (in the post).

Senim Silla - The Name, The Motto, The Outcome
Decompoze - Decompozition
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #12
JerseyIronman

JerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal sonJerseyIronman prodigal son

i downloaded a few tracks and this album sounds great. especially 'Reality Check' that piano sounds amazing

i gotta do a lot more listening

JerseyIronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:06 AM   #13
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

classic. go buy that shit
Old 05-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #14
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

classic....i love this shit.

honest expression just might be the greatest song ever.
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:38 AM   #15
inspectah

inspectah grasshopper

great album and honest expression has some of the truest lyrics
inspectah is offline   Reply With Quote