news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 12-11-2006, 05:40 PM   #16
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

i dont think there is any resistance to it as much as you may not think the sound quality will be that much better to go spend another 15 bones for a CD you already have when the original doesnt sound that bad to begin with.

maybe thats just me. some of you may have super hearing and can catch a lot of flaws in sound quality.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:38 PM   #17
Mjolnir

Mjolnir grasshopper

the illmatic rerelease remaster was much much better, big difference.
Mjolnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #18
Weng
Mr. Wilson

Weng grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch View Post
I don't understand the resistance to this. At worst there will be no difference, at best we'll have a clearer sound.
I don't want no clearer sound. wtf you think the infamous, enter, return, liquid, illmatic,.... would sound like if it was polished to death ? it'd just suck. like those g-unit sample beats *vomits*
Weng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #19
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weng View Post
I don't want no clearer sound. wtf you think the infamous, enter, return, liquid, illmatic,.... would sound like if it was polished to death ? it'd just suck. like those g-unit sample beats *vomits*
No it wouldn't, Rza's sound is more than just shitty mastering.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:38 AM   #20
madstyles

madstyles grasshopper

Remastering 36 chambers would be blasphemy
madstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:46 AM   #21
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

^yep
Old 12-12-2006, 02:20 AM   #22
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts drunken mastaShaolinDarts drunken mastaShaolinDarts drunken masta

Remastering is a myth. Music can't be remastered in the true meaning of the word. How exactly can someone take a cd and then add back all the parts that THEY perceive to be lacking. Quite simply, if it wasn't there in the first place it won't be there now.

And more to the point, hip hop cd's are of rubbish quality full stop, even now. I have plenty of reference cd's including the current IASCA disk and hip hop is miles of. The fact that the majority of hip hop producers think its a cool nowadays to use some shitty laptop to make their beat and then further rape that beat by compressing it and then sending it to the rapper via email thousands of miles away says it all.

Illmatic and Tical are perfect examples. Add some more bass and add some more high end in and what do you get? Basically a high end audio system being raped by harsh treble and undefined bass with the mid range completely flat.

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:37 AM   #23
White Owl Clan
Veteran Member

White Owl Clan shaolin monk

first of all...with most hiphop the remastering is basicaally just a louder sound, but isnt that a good thing???? thats baically what the point is. i mean when they recorded those albums at first they werent able to record any louder due to equipment restraints...therefore i have a 36 chambers and illmatic blasting on my fucking stereo and i hear a crazy hiss and its not as loud as other albums. however the remastered copies sound way louder...and ive heard several remasters....hiphop and rock, and theyre all worth it. I have a queen album on DVD in 5.1 stereo surround sound and its the greatest peice of music ive ever heard. Also a remastered version of beatles yellow submarine sdtk sounds a million times crispier and louder. Then therese the pricks like deathrow records...who remastered makaveli once in 2000, then re did it again on DVD this year, and if im not mistaken , which each release the sound quality has gotten better.

And just to check out how good remastereing can actually be...DL the bealtes song "across the universe" from "Let It Be", then DL the same song by the beatles of the remastered version of "Let It Be" which is called "Let It Be...Naked" they actually took out microphone feedback from lennons verses.
White Owl Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:20 AM   #24
junius
ADEPT

junius Village Idiot

Shaolin speaks the troof... granted, the dynamic range of most hip-hop is not that great but ya'll GOTTA be careful of compression & shit. "Louder" = better is bullshit, you want as "natural" (or artfully manipulated) a sound as possible, that's it.

mainstream pop/rock recordings have gotten terrible because of this, & some "remasters" also are not only worse than the original vinyl/tape but also the earlier cd versions because, again, they're trying to appeal to widest range of listeners, i.e many w/shitty earphones, computer speakers, boomboxes, etc.

i ain't saying anyone needs some $10,000 stereo even if they could afford it but don't get suckered by "remaster" hype, for recent stuff, which probably won't benefit, & older stuff, which might be terribly fucked with.

there ARE exceptions, reissue companies that take great care to keep a wide range, but... it's an uphill struggle at this point.
junius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #25
P-Noid Brown
same ol' same ol'

P-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killa

what rza needs to do... is make an ultimate Wu-package of all the 1st round wu-albums.... and make it a box set....
wu-tang clan 36 chambers
o.d.b.- enter the 36
methodman-tical
rae-ob4cl
ghost-ironman
u-god -redemption
rza-bobby d
masta killa- no set date
inspectah deck- uncontrolled substance..

as a special wu-tang box set.. with a bonus dvd. in some ill packaging.... it contains all the album info... but the theme of the c.d.'s and booklets pertain to the boxset...that would be dope...
Old 12-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #26
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

tical is remastered, all i know...
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #27
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

never even thought about this, i enjoy them as they are
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:56 PM   #28
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

fuck a remaster, why would i want a polish, squeaky clean sounding Wu album, which is meant to sound gritty and slightly distorted on high volume, it is what it is, like rza said on Radio 1 back in the day "you gotta take that shit in its purest form"

Umm..i can find Ready to Die just like that in cd shops, im not a Biggy or Pac fan but i was kinda feelin Biggy for a few weeks and nearly bought Ready To Die, not hard to come by.

I was bumping Tical in my car today, put the vol up way high and the bass was soooo distorted, BUT i dropped the vol a bit and its still slightly distorted on full bass but i like it that way, thats how it was recorded etc.

"if it aint broke, dont fix it"

had a lot more to say but i bascially agree with Weng!

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #29
mAlAkAz
DELUXE LUXURY

mAlAkAz drunken mastamAlAkAz drunken mastamAlAkAz drunken masta

half of 36 chambers was already remastered with a clearer and louder sound when the 7 singles from 36 chambers where released in '93-'94, the songs sounded better on the CD singles and vinyls. RZA remade the CREAM, "Can it be all so simple" and a few other beats when they got released as videos or singles. i got some of these VLS versions of the songs if anybody wants them i can upload them
mAlAkAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #30
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

Ya man I totally want the WU to remaster there early albums.....the only one that has been remastered is TICAL....not to sure what you are smokin, but IRON MAN has never been remastered....

they need to give the remaster treatment to CUBAN LINX and add the "RAINY DAYS (remix)" which is sick and the "WU GAMBINOES (remix)"....plus incude a dvd with it with all of the videos from the album

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote