news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 12-13-2006, 09:21 PM   #1
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo
Default Pearl Jam Fans

where yall at? im jus getting into pj and herd their 1st 2 albums and love em....wut about yall?
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

after the first two albums is when the magic stops. The second album is a keeper. The rest is garbage. theres a good song here or there but they never put out an album like there second one because when they dropped they had alot of hype from the whole temple of the dog shit but with the second album it was time to show that they could theme an album. Thats what they did. The versus album, as its called , was really a 10 for that band that they never did see again. I think that the 2nd album was the one that sold the most records as well but I could be way off.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
Gawd
Just walk away.

Gawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkey

indeed.....i prefer Alice in Chains or Soundgarden to Pearl Jam....And the songs that are decent seem over played.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
Battle 1
Veteran Member

Battle 1 shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
where yall at? im jus getting into pj and herd their 1st 2 albums and love em....wut about yall?
That song 'Black' is my favorite song from them. It is just so full of emotion. Eddie poured his heart out into that song. Nah mean ?

It's like one of the most emotional songs I ever heard. No doubt. 'Black that's the shit no doubt.

Battle 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #5
sonny getz
WTRB

sonny getz grasshopper

yeah, ten and vs. are their best. there's some good songs on later albums, but no solid records. live on two legs is a great live recording.

WU TANG RULES AGAIN
sonny getz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #6
Battle 1
Veteran Member

Battle 1 shaolin monk

I also really like that song or actually especially including with video that they did called 'Do The Evolution'. Now that's a wild video. Like one of the wildest craziest videos. That joint or song just gets complimented by that video so well. Or vice-versa. Come to think of it that song is pure genius looking at that video explains it all.

Gotta peep this video, Peep this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sm3trB1fe4
Battle 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #7
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

I was gonna put that video cuz the guy that drew spawn made it. Black was the song that got me into them waaaay back in the day.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #8
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

The third one, Vitalogy, is good too. I kinda stopped listening after that but I've heard good things about their newest one.
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #9
Kriszy Substance
And in the end..?

Kriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkeyKriszy Substance iron monkey

I used to be way into PJ...even Yield and Binaural had some good shit...but Riot Act totally killed them for me. Did any of you listen to that one?? Awful...one song sounded like Eddie was trying to rap or something.

They are incredible live though...me and my ex went to several shows back when they had their ten year reuinion. Last show was at Vegas and we got kicked out, but the cool part was that we had handed out bags to people attending the show that had marshmellows and tortillas in them with written messages like "happy 10th" and shit...SO we got the live footage after we got back from that show and there where marshmellows and tortillas flying EVERYWHERE...many landed on the stage, even Eddie got one in the face (good thing they were fresh marshmellows). So in a way, we were there. Oh my god, the marshmellow I touched, touched Eddie *sigh*. Just kidding, kind of. Anyway, yeah they are great up to a certain point.

I may co-sign eD on the Soundgarden/Temple of the Dog thing.

Damn Infinity knows his music....always impressive.

www.myspace.com/kriszysubstance

Kriszy Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 04:15 AM   #10
DREW-DIE$EL
a.k.a. iKon

DREW-DIE$EL shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to DREW-DIE$EL Send a message via MSN to DREW-DIE$EL

i don't like pearl jam. a while back i was talking with my friend about them and i brought up the fact that they are in my opinion a "radio band" which i defined as a band that is on the radio all the time but that noone really likes. i mean i don't hate them, but to my they'll never be anything more than a "filler" band on the radio inbetween the good songs and the shitty ones, but hey i got an iPod now so fuck the radio all together.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:25 PM   #11
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

eeevvveeeeennnnfllloooowwwwww

jeremey

both good songs, never owned an album by them i just remember you couldnt not flip through the radio without hearing PJ

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:28 PM   #12
Unforgiven
Bloodsport

Unforgiven grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Unforgiven

Pearl Jam is a great band, don't know alot of their shit but I used to love listening to it in my brothers car.

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains & Soundgarden all led the grunge movement but PJ wasn't really grunge, were they?

-ThaShaolinAssassin
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:36 AM   #13
benzo
Wu Vatican

benzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killabenzo shaolin masta killa

they were as "grunge" as the other bands you listed....
benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:55 PM   #14
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

I thought Riot Act was a great album, if you were ever a Pearl Jam fan, and you never heard it cuz you soured on them, you are missing out. The song Ghost is great, green disease....classic album. Classic pearl jam.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:13 PM   #15
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

their fisrt two cds 10, VS. were excellent after that they didnt have much more to say, Vitology and No Code had their moments though VS. is their best pretty easily
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote