news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 12-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #1
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son
Default We must start policing the POLICE! Here's the plan..

Police the police initiative

Given the recent disasters with the NYPD, I feel this might be the right climate for this particular idea to take hold in the community. We need to start POLICING THE POLICE! Our government has made it clear that these officers have free reign over our communities, with no real supervision whatsoever. Here is what I propose:

Many of us now rely on these souped-up cell phones that can do anything we need them to. Those of us with VIDEO capability on our phones need to begin documenting any and all police action we come across. I'm mean whether or not they are abiding by the law. We need to get them to understand that they too are being watched at all times. This has to be a mass effort, because if only one brave brother or sister adheres to this, that brother or sister is suceptible to abuse as well. If these pigs can feel our eyes on them at all times, maybe they'll hesitate to shoot 50 times.

Precautions:

1. You need to be close enough to film the interactions, but don't get too close. You don't want these pigs thinking you are interfering with their investigation.

2. As soon as you can, spread your footage to others! If your phone get confiscated by the police, at least the message will be spread.

**I am no expert on this(or anything for that matter), so if you have experience with community organizing, holla at me***

BE SAFE!!

-----

well in florida i can't be doing this, i don't do a lot of walking down here, but my boy is gonna send me some footage..i'll try and get it on here...thoughts on this?

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:00 AM   #2
Jet Set
VogeltjesDansBende lid

Jet Set crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to Jet Set

The internet is already doing alot of these things. In holland some actiodn by the police have been filmed with phone cameras. These were actions of unnessary violanece withd ogs and such. After the investigation into the actions of the police came.

SO it's bene going on. Besides that, just todya I got this crazy power idea. Being an officer, the power to make things go to your own hand. That's just testoron kicking great.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:22 AM   #3
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

I dont have a camera phone but Im willing to draw what I witness with stick figures on a pad of paper.

EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:29 AM   #4
Sicka than aidZ
JOKER FAM

Sicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venoms

aint gonna change a thing
Old 12-17-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
J.T.S.
God Of WAr

J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by "SiCkARoCkS" View Post
Co-sign

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
Hell razah
J.T.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #6
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by "SiCkARoCkS" View Post
rodney king.

your vote doesn't do anything eather right?

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:29 AM   #7
Sicka than aidZ
JOKER FAM

Sicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple View Post
rodney king.

your vote doesn't do anything eather right?
i cant vote, and i cant change that and i damn well been around enuf cop shit and peepz in general to know itz a dog eat dog world and aint fair. your intentionz are good brother, i hope the best. stay up
Old 12-18-2006, 06:02 PM   #8
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

^ Real shit right there.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:07 PM   #9
Ultimate Fist
Veteran Member

Ultimate Fist shaolin monk

Yo there's an activist group that already does this, maybe they can help. They're called copwatch.

http://www.copwatch.net/forums/

More info can found here too
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copwatch
Ultimate Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:03 PM   #10
Gawd
Just walk away.

Gawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkeyGawd iron monkey

violence and suffering changes things........
Old 12-22-2006, 01:10 AM   #11
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Police commissioners seek review of black arrest rate
They doubt outright racism, but contend disparate numbers warrant close examination

Susan Sward, Chronicle Staff Writer
Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The majority of the San Francisco Police Commission called Tuesday for a review of the Police Department's high black felony arrest rate -- which outstrips all other major cities in the state -- and one member said the department needs to start counting Hispanics it arrests.
The commissioners made their views known in interviews with The Chronicle following its publication Sunday of a story showing African Americans in San Francisco are arrested at a rate two, three and four times higher than in other big California cities. The rate in San Francisco, for example, is three times greater than in San Jose and four times greater than in Oakland.
Commission President Louise Renne, appointed to her post by Mayor Gavin Newsom, said: "I'd like to get some experts to look at the situation.''
Renne's call for a review was seconded by commissioners David Campos, Petra DeJesus, Joe Veronese and Theresa Sparks. Joe Marshall, another commissioner, said in an earlier interview that the numbers "scream for an explanation.'' The seventh commissioner, Yvonne Lee, was not available for comment.
Campos said that as a Latino, he found the story particularly disturbing. Told that San Francisco is the only county in the state not reporting separate arrest numbers on Latinos, Campos said he planned to ask the department to start making such a tally immediately. According to the 2000 census, 14 percent of San Francisco's population is Latino.
The department is in the process of creating a new system that will enable it to count Latino arrests by this spring, according to spokesman Sgt. Neville Gittens.
After seeing the high arrest rate, Newsom said the city was hiring Lorie Fridell, a University of South Florida criminologist who is an expert on racial profiling, to analyze the data on black arrest rates in San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Long Beach, San Diego and Fresno.
Police Chief Heather Fong has said the numbers should be reviewed but has stressed that she believes the department's officers perform their duties "in an impartial manner.'' Police blame several factors for the numbers, including out-of-town criminals who they say come to San Francisco because of the perception the courts will be more lenient than in surrounding counties if they are arrested.
Veronese said he does not believe that "police officers think in their minds, 'I am going to be racist today.' '' But he added: "The fact that our African American population is small -- and getting smaller with the gentrification in some areas of the city -- and yet there is this high black arrest rate is alarming to me.''
Sparks said she does not believe there is "rampant racism in the department.'' But she said the high arrest statistics, coupled with the discovery last year of controversial police-produced videos that included mocking portrayals of minorities, made her think "I don't believe in coincidences.'' She said the videos and high arrest numbers "may point not to racism but to a lack of sensitivity toward communities of color.''
DeJesus described herself as "pretty alarmed that the statistics are so disparate. It can't hurt to have an expert analyze the data, but the department needs to look internally as well.''
Mark Schlosberg, police practices director for the American Civil Liberties Union of Northern California, said the arrest data "raises a lot of questions on how policing is being done.'' He added that the department's problems with outmoded technology for tracking officers' work and other department statistics will "make it very difficult for someone from the outside to conduct a comprehensive investigation in a short period of time.''
On the topic of the department's lack of modern technology, Renne said: "We recognize that the department is behind on technology, and I am very pleased that Fong is so focused on improving it. She understands that the inability to get data often means we don't have answers to pressing problems. Infrastructure is never a sexy issue, and the public doesn't understand how much good-government depends on having it.''
E-mail Susan Sward at ssward@sfchronicle.com.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:10 AM   #12
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

rodney king incident was caught on tape and them pigs STILL wasnt found guilty...LOL i think thats why they let OJ slide... couldnt make shit too obvious you know ?

i feel you snap tho, but not enuff niggas will take real action & effort... i aint even gonna front.. i gotta eat n shit, prioritize..... if i didnt have to take care of biz n have mad time to lounge out countin sheeps n shit, i'd take a hobby filmin pigs doin dirt.....peace.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:18 AM   #13
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

people got things to do
they gotta do these things or else

people trying to get paid and look fly go to the club, drink and fuck in they white Tees

until they white tees get redded up by cops

then they can do nothing but lay there soakin wet

they boys will be mad, for a few minutes

then they'll go out and try to get paid, look fly, go to the club, drink and fuck in they white tees

until they white tees get redded up by cops.............

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:58 AM   #14
Sicka than aidZ
JOKER FAM

that'z some dumbass shit right there dog
Old 12-24-2006, 07:10 PM   #15
Treazon
A Threat to the State

Treazon crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Treazon Send a message via MSN to Treazon

yea thats kinda embarassing..

and the internet is the only thing useful now for using these videos of police, because TV will never show it..but once the government becomes big brother for the web too its game over

Treazon is offline   Reply With Quote