news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 01-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #46
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Links needs to come back to this thread, in fact anyone who is of latin origin should post here, convo is getting good.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #47
eVoL
Axe about me

eVoL grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to eVoL

most of you "latins" are a disgrace to the name.

che was a nobody, just a famous mercenary for a stupid cause

all of you latins (non-messicans) are just power hungry drug-peddlers, coup de'taut-ing your governments whenever you want golden slippers, it's disgusting really.. whether you're US-CIA-backed or communist-backed, just a bunch of greedy beaners

do yourself a favor and google/wikipedia EZLN
Old 01-03-2007, 09:38 PM   #48
L~>1<~NKS
Magic Cities Noonsunn

L~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkey

Old 01-03-2007, 09:39 PM   #49
L~>1<~NKS
Magic Cities Noonsunn

L~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN88 View Post
another communist

Im gon get back into this but...... LMFAO!!
Old 01-03-2007, 09:56 PM   #50
L~>1<~NKS
Magic Cities Noonsunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro wooz View Post
interesting thread, to be honest i never really looked in to che too much. I've always seen him on those t-shirts and felt it was cliche as hell. Links' viewpoint is one i never really heard too much of and i think it probaly holds some validity, but i think to disregard everything he did as wrong isn't right cause im sure he fought for a good cause, maybe just the wrong way.

Like anyone with social influence or social power.

Look, Che may have had powerful wordz - he did. But what wus done wus out weighed by what wus said, point blank

Anybody see the movie yet?

Last edited by L~>1<~NKS; 01-03-2007 at 09:58 PM.
L~>1<~NKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #51
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
There is a lot I could say about Che but to be honest it is a difficult topic to get into over the net, I have read a book about his entire life written by neutral observer who actually went and got 80% of his information first hand from the people that mattered and of course through other sources as well. I have seen countless documentarys on Che and the cuban revolution too.

For a Cuban american I can understand LINKS's point of view and no matter what information I know of Che I can't say that it is 100% accurate, while I don't agree with the notion of communism nor do I think it works for me Che is a symbol of impact a latino can have in the western world and is the embodyment of hard work and dedication to a belief system, right or wrong in his beliefs is always open to debate but the point of the matter is he believed in a better world for all latinos and that we would not be seen as lower than the superpowers of today and in that regard he has my complete respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1NKS View Post
Like anyone with social influence or social power.

Look, Che may have had powerful wordz - he did. But what wus done wus out weighed by what wus said, point blank

Anybody see the movie yet?
The statement I made earlier explains my admiration for Che but Links you have to understand that Che's cause was a noble one, he believed what he thought was right at the time and joining Fidel to overthrow a dictator seemed like a good place to start for the future development of latin america including the islands, he couldn't have predicted the outcome of Cuba today, not to mention that there where rumours circulating that Che grew dissatisfied by how Fidel and Raul where running things and their growing relationship with the ever growing fascism of the Soviet Union which was why he departed Cuba with the intention of never returning. I don't agree with the notion of Communism and I believe in democracy yet you only have to look at your current president, the talk of vote fixing plagues Bushes campaign, the fact that he went to war without just cause just so he could finish what his father started. America is riddled with poverty, racism and inequality; are things really any better under a different regime?

And yes I have seen the movie.

Method Man
Old 01-04-2007, 12:16 AM   #52
eVoL
Axe about me

eVoL grasshopper

Quote:
are things really any better under a different regime?
Yes. Compare Cuba's economy to ours - economy is everything, that is why the Soviets dumped their ideology with the Chinks falling close behind (except for the North Koreans)
Old 01-04-2007, 12:39 AM   #53
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVoL View Post
Yes. Compare Cuba's economy to ours - economy is everything, that is why the Soviets dumped their ideology with the Chinks falling close behind (except for the North Koreans)
Economiclly yes but Bush is no better than Fidel.

Method Man
Old 01-04-2007, 12:44 AM   #54
eVoL
Axe about me

eVoL grasshopper

No politician is better than the other.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:46 AM   #55
ilzPotent
Teflon Imperial

ilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venomsilzPotent five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to ilzPotent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVoL View Post
most of you "latins" are a disgrace to the name.

che was a nobody, just a famous mercenary for a stupid cause

all of you latins (non-messicans) are just power hungry drug-peddlers, coup de'taut-ing your governments whenever you want golden slippers, it's disgusting really.. whether you're US-CIA-backed or communist-backed, just a bunch of greedy beaners

do yourself a favor and google/wikipedia EZLN
thats just not true... i hate grouping, generalizing.... hmp...

CONservative goverMENt
ilzPotent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:46 AM   #56
TAURO
El Don of this shit

my point exactly.

Edit: in refference to evols last post.

Method Man
Old 01-04-2007, 12:48 AM   #57
eVoL
Axe about me

eVoL grasshopper

Don't blame me. Blame the people who invented and applied the term "Latin" to peoples..
Old 01-04-2007, 01:17 AM   #58
dimi

dimi grasshopper

what did you want to prove with that movie "The Lost City"
Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #59
L~>1<~NKS
Magic Cities Noonsunn

Quote:
The statement I made earlier explains my admiration for Che but Links you have to understand that Che's cause was a noble one, he believed what he thought was right at the time and joining Fidel to overthrow a dictator seemed like a good place to start for the future development of latin america including the islands, he couldn't have predicted the outcome of Cuba today, not to mention that there where rumours circulating that Che grew dissatisfied by how Fidel and Raul where running things and their growing relationship with the ever growing fascism of the Soviet Union which was why he departed Cuba with the intention of never returning. I don't agree with the notion of Communism and I believe in democracy yet you only have to look at your current president, the talk of vote fixing plagues Bushes campaign, the fact that he went to war without just cause just so he could finish what his father started. America is riddled with poverty, racism and inequality; are things really any better under a different regime?

And yes I have seen the movie.

See now Im calm knowin that - there's sombody that can type sum knowledge into me, but I still disugree with the way Che handled shit, to me and those who have lived through the era, hiz nobilty wus fabricated (like Fidels) to deceive the masses. I mean maybe he did become disgusted wit the way Fidel and Raul wus handling shit after the takeover, maybe it's why they say Fidel had Che killed workin wit.... u guessed it, the US. There's alot of debate, but my point iz should nobody be wearing a murder's shirt especially when u have no knowledge of HIStory - regardless of hiz intensionz good or bad.

I mean what now we're gon have knuckleheadz wearin BUSH shirts cuz he took down Saddam??? Come on sun...

Anyway the point of the movie isn't much of a point, it practically jus reminded me of my cuntries history, but it also iz a true story of a man who struggled with keeping hiz passion, music, as unpolitical as possible, to keep it pure.

It didn't really focus on Che', but the few scenes in the flick do capture him like he was dead on IMO.

I also thought the flick deserved sum more attention than it wus givin.

Last edited by L~>1<~NKS; 01-04-2007 at 09:14 PM.
L~>1<~NKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #60
L~>1<~NKS
Magic Cities Noonsunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilzPotent View Post
thats just not true... i hate grouping, generalizing.... hmp...

Wus "hmp"?