news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 12-18-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX
Default How does the existence or non-existence of dinosaurs affect your life?

There are facts which are useful to know, and facts which have little to no significance or usefulness.

Here is an example:
Useful fact: Earth can sustain life.

Useful fact: Life can take many forms and goes thru many phases.

Useless fact: The specific type of life that earth sustained in the past or may sustain in the future.

Useful fact: Man is the only known living thing that has a system of communication which uses symbols.

Useful fact: Man is turning the surface of Earth into a place that is becoming less able to sustain life.

Useless fact: What exactly happened to the dinosaurs that may or may not have roamed the earth?

Dinosaurs died for your sins
Old 12-18-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
Oztradamus
The Cure-Coming Neveruary

Oztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venoms

Let me assure you there were dinasaurs 1,000,000 years ago... I traveled back through time in my flux capicator enhanced flying whip, and saw them with my own eyes.. Fucking T-Rex took a swipe at me and almost killed a nigga, word..

True Story

Oztradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:19 PM   #3
My First Timbs
rationalist

My First Timbs drunken mastaMy First Timbs drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHX View Post
There are facts which are useful to know, and facts which have little to no significance or usefulness.

Useless fact: The specific type of life that earth sustained in the past or may sustain in the future.

Useless fact: What exactly happened to the dinosaurs that may or may not have roamed the earth?

i could not disagree more

the above phrases are in no way useless facts from my point of view. the understanding and knowledge that comes with those assertions have profound implications and directly lean on our existence and abilities.

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target
My First Timbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by My First Timbs View Post
i could not disagree more

the above phrases are in no way useless facts from my point of view. the understanding and knowledge that comes with those assertions have profound implications and directly lean on our existence and abilities.
its just as useless as exploring outer space right now

we cant even wrap our heads around what it means to respect another person

who cares what the life forms looked like yesterday?

life is life is life is life is life

dinosaurs is a hobby

just like watchings wrestling or playing tennis

'but wrestling is important because you can study the dynamic of what people find so appealing in a tv show that advocates violence and then you can understand people more and what they are naturally drawn to'

'but tennis is important because it demonstrates how far humans can advance in hand-eye coordination thus allowing us to measure the circumstances under which a well conditioned person can thrive as opposed to a person who does not play tennis'

same story

hobbies are hobbies
Old 12-18-2006, 06:18 PM   #5
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

first of all, the whole thing about denying the existence of dinosaurs is fucking asinine (i dont know how to spell that but u get it) if u ask me...

im all for questioning shit and critical thought or whatever but questioning the dinosaur thing is fuckin silly...

now about this topic: i can see ur point about studying dinosaurs almost being kinda like a hobby...

but i think the important thing that regular ppl can take from it is a sense of the history of earth and maybe a sense of time....giving them perspective basically..

by that i mean.....the dinosaurs roamed (and dominated, if im correct) the planet earth for millions of years until the entire species was wiped out by an asteroid hitting the earth..

and now, MILLIONS of years later, here we are and we're just now (in relative terms) realizing that these huge creatures walked the earth way back then....

human beings (in the form we are in now) havent yet existed as long as the dinosaurs did and we're at the point where we've developed the technology to completely wipe ourselves out in a VERY short period of time....

perhaps millions of years after we're gone, another species will rise up and take over the earth and discover that humans once lived here and had civilizations and stuff......or maybe not...

regardless, the EARTH goes on...its been here 4.5 billion years and will be here another 5 bill or so more...

its kind of like a stage....and theres been many plays acted out on it and will be many more to come...but we seem to think it was all set up for us
Old 12-18-2006, 09:36 PM   #6
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

It's useful;

to know what killed them so we know what to do to prevent another Extinction Level Event. We dont really know if it was an asteroid/comet, disease/virus or climate change that killed them or what combination of things contributed to their demise.

Patterns are obvious, we might be even more fucked if we didnt know or care that dino's died off somehow. We wouldnt be scanning the skies for rogue rocks. We wouldnt care about global warming or cooling.

We'd be more deep in this shit we're already in.

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #7
ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA grasshopper
Default the Gravel Pit

"In the time before, we climed abord the dinosaur" KILLAH PRIEST

I was once iceskateing on a thin sheet of ice, and took it a step further, and found my self in the dinosaur era trapped in a gully looking at one of those dinosaurs with the bones that come from out of the back of their skull, and then got trapped in an intence hammering sound from the underground uncontrolled subsence from which jurassic poetry is composed. I remember seeing the U - God there as well.

On another note, the Sci-Fi channel put on a movie called, time master, in which a kid comes from off the street and meets mr miagii, (the karate kid's sense), who teaches him about knowlege and the domino effect, and the 64, and then the kid, ends up traveling in root beer thought boubles through outer space, finding a microchip sattel light and throughing it into a bouble with a Tyranasourous, saying "there going to be puzzeded trying to explain that", or something. I told the zulu nation to put that movie on their library list and they did.
ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #8
ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA grasshopper

So modern scientists are liable to find space probes and moderntechnology in the erea before they were created. DO DO DO DO

Last edited by ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA; 12-21-2006 at 06:00 PM.
ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:09 PM   #9
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

what good is it to know all there is to know about dinosaurs when we can't even control what we put in our mouths everyday

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #10
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

^^Or what comes out of our mouths

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote