news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 07-16-2005, 10:06 PM   #16
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Re: DO NOT see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

just knowing tim burton directed it you had to know it was gonna be done in a differnet intentionally weird, dark fashion.

i havent seen it, and it doesnt really interest me much. i wouldnt mind knowing the ending if its a bit different though.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 10:19 PM   #17
ThePharaohNosferatu
The Sigung(Sifu's Master)

ThePharaohNosferatu grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to ThePharaohNosferatu Send a message via MSN to ThePharaohNosferatu

HE still gets the Factory.

***Spoiler***

In this movie tho, Willy wonka gives the factory to charlie but Wonka doesnt want Charlies family to move in, so Charlie rehects the offer and continues living poor. then after a while of thinkg Wonka makes Charlie go with him to see his father which he hasnt seen for 20 years, then Willy Wonka Softens up and gives the Factory to Charlie and allows his family to live in it.

"Yo MC's wonder what's hip-hop thunder
Tell you the truth it's just one nation under" - RZA

.:1 Nation Under:. l .:Hip-Hop Release Dates Thread:. l .:Upcoming Movies Thread:. l .:1 Nation Under Battle Tournament:.(MCs Needed to Join)
ThePharaohNosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 04:23 AM   #18
Shitao
ASP's S

Shitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkey
Send a message via MSN to Shitao

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09
Wasn't about to watch it, Hollywood needs to stop with them remakes!! They always turn out shitty.....
Ohhhh Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tim Burton IS NOT the typical Hollywood artist. This man is a poet. A poet lost in Hollywood who used this system to make the films he liked when he was child.
"vincent", "edward", "beetlejuice", "batman returns", "ed wood", "Jack....", "big fish".... All this movies/fairytales are classic to me.

Ok for "Charly....". If you really love the one of 1971, the Burton version is really different. I see it and I really love. Crazy, beautifull, amazing score... And Depp... This man is actually THE best actor of his generation.

So please guys dont put this remake on the same level of all this wax productions: "ring", "dark water", "the grudge"... Its not the same thing.
Shitao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 04:31 AM   #19
PowerHouseKickout

PowerHouseKickout grasshopper

fuck you !! i'm gonna watch that shit

who the hell are you for telling people not to see some shit
PowerHouseKickout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:32 AM   #20
manhattanknight77

manhattanknight77 grasshopper

how ur going to say dont see this movie solely based on ur opinion. people have different taste.
manhattanknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:07 AM   #21
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Tim Burton has made some bad movies such as the remake to Planet of the Apes.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:28 AM   #22
Shitao
ASP's S

Shitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two
Tim Burton has made some bad movies such as the remake to Planet of the Apes.
And???? Tell me one director who only made good movies. Kurosawa? No. Kubrick? No. Scorsese? No.

Tim Burton has made some bad movies? I'm ok with you "Planet of the apes" sux. The original is a classic. What the other Tim Burton bad movies for you? "Mars Attack"? I love this movie. "Batman returns"? Fucking gothic masterpiece. My favorite Batman.

So guys...stop to say "bad movie", "dont see this movie". Or give us an argumentation. Say "I dont like this movie"and tell us WHY.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:22 PM   #23
Lebanese_Warrior

Lebanese_Warrior grasshopper

The movie sucked, watch the original, the Tim Burton twist to the film was a huge mistake!
Old 07-27-2005, 01:24 PM   #24
Queen Of Poetry
Veteran Member

Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I didn't think it was all the great but my daughter enjoyed it (of course she's only 3).

Queen Of Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:34 PM   #25
Shitao
ASP's S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Poetry
I didn't think it was all the great but my daughter enjoyed it (of course she's only 3).
Exactly. I dont really feeling the end, but its a good movie. Specially for little boys and girls
Old 07-27-2005, 08:24 PM   #26
LadySnowBlood
LSB

LadySnowBlood grasshopper

shit, i've really been looking forward too seeing it.
I'll wait till it gets on video...

but i love movies for 3 yr olds!

S-CORP VETERAN
LadySnowBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 05:22 AM   #27
Ronin
WC LEGEND

Ronin shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Ronin

shitao, get off burtons dick, LMAO at depp being the best of his generation, if acting a fag all the time and being 'abstract' is dope then hollywood sucks (it does)

tim burton movies are decent but samey, kurasawa shits on him and hes from about 6 decades back...no one could tell a story like akira and have such brilliant and differnt characters who u actually care about
Old 07-28-2005, 06:22 AM   #28
Shitao
ASP's S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
shitao, get off burtons dick, LMAO at depp being the best of his generation, if acting a fag all the time and being 'abstract' is dope then hollywood sucks (it does)

tim burton movies are decent but samey, kurasawa shits on him and hes from about 6 decades back...no one could tell a story like akira and have such brilliant and differnt characters who u actually care about
Are you stupid man?
Kurosawa is one of my best directors of all time with Kubrick and Leone. I never said "Burton is better than Kuro" LOL.
BUT actually, in the Hollywood system, Burton is my favorite film maker.

And once again, FOR ME, Depp is the best american actor of his generation. A man who played with amazing directors (Jarmusch, John Waters, Kusturica, Terry Gilliam and , excuse me, BURTON) and who saved a lot of movie (Once Upon a Time in Mexico, The Ninth Gate...). He made wacks movies sure (I hate Blow, From hell...). He acting like a fag???? Ok ok.....
Old 07-28-2005, 08:17 AM   #29
Ronin
WC LEGEND

Ronin shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Ronin

in most movies he plays a bumbling idiot like hugh grant
Old 07-28-2005, 08:45 AM   #30
!=MatheMaticS=!

!=MatheMaticS=! grasshopper