news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 12-28-2006, 02:02 AM   #1
DREW-DIE$EL
a.k.a. iKon

DREW-DIE$EL shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to DREW-DIE$EL Send a message via MSN to DREW-DIE$EL
Default best mcs to check out to get better

ok so im a shitty lyricist, but im tryin to get better, so who's some guys i should check out to devolop?
Old 12-28-2006, 02:03 AM   #2
NASTY NAK
A-DEBT

NASTY NAK shaolin monk

ahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 12-28-2006, 03:35 AM   #3
noel411
penalty boxed user

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Fuck that. Just write your own shit. Start paying more attention to the lyrics when you bump whatever you usually bump, and you will pick up on different rhyme schemes, verse structure, wordplay etc. But keep it original. Don't try to write like anybody else.
noel411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:10 AM   #4
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RNAKULA View Post
Who the fuck are you to judge? R you proud of yourself?

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:04 AM   #5
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RNAKULA View Post
lol at this, i can remember you asking for advice from people on this site constantly.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:24 AM   #6
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREW-DIE$EL View Post
ok so im a shitty lyricist, but im tryin to get better, so who's some guys i should check out to devolop?
At least your honest... Check out interviews with the Gza he talks about watching Discovery or the History Channel for ideas and writing whole sentences that rhyme; whole ideas . Also you might look at lyrics from MF Doom on Madvillainy as he uses alot of multies. Just try to draw from your own experience and create an honest picture that other people might relate to. Just start writing about something you feel passionate about and you will have an easier time writing.
Peace
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:11 AM   #7
B.O.N.E.

B.O.N.E. grasshopper

I dont really rap, but I think I still have some ideas that may help.

Dont start writing looking for the perfect rhyme/flow, I would start off writing something that expresses what your feeling for that song, and then "fine tune" so to speak and explore different options.

This may be bad advice, since I am no lyricist.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:09 AM   #8
J.T.S.
God Of WAr

J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Some advice 4 ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREW-DIE$EL View Post

What i do to better my lines, because if your a emcee your never fully satisfied with your rhymes. and your always trying to perfect ya style, so for you i suggest looking at the world around you and rhyming what you find influential! I used to sit bumping beats for hours and just free-styling til' i couldn't anymore.And i use to free-style til' i fell asleep.

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
Hell razah
J.T.S. is offline   Reply With Quote