news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 12-31-2006, 07:56 AM   #1
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger
Default Colors and Countries

We gotta stop calling ourselves by colors and countries

how can we begin to erase these stupid labels ?

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:46 AM   #2
hidden ninja

hidden ninja grasshopper

it's all heritage man, your nationality and your race says alot about who you are... the struggle your people went though, it makes an impact on the character of all who are born afterwards. it's good to have some sense of pride in that, because that's who you are.

but at the same time, you're right - we gotta stop being so callous towards locking ourselves down into defined roles; and we needn't let these things bias us and make us hateful towards others who are different.
hidden ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:51 AM   #3
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidden ninja View Post
it's all heritage man, your nationality and your race says alot about who you are... the struggle your people went though, it makes an impact on the character of all who are born afterwards. it's good to have some sense of pride in that, because that's who you are.

but at the same time, you're right - we gotta stop being so callous towards locking ourselves down into defined roles; and we needn't let these things bias us and make us hateful towards others who are different.

Puerto rican, chinese, South American,African,BLACK, WHITE, Swedish, Russian

Do you see it ?

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
Old 12-31-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Colours are always talked about and how we sholdn't label and divide others and ourselves by that. If you mentioned countries also, but here you are leaning towards people calling themselves by what colour they are.

It seems like at one time only black and white people labelled themselves and the other by colours black and white because it is opposites. All other races began being labeled or labeled themselves some other colour in between.

Countries are even more complex. In North America and most of Europe, country politics and the physical boundaries are clearly cut. Many other places the boundaries are just "guessed" in a way just so they can draw a map with a country.

There are many peoples that live in different country that do not associate themselves with that country and basically have no nationality.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
Ultimate Fist
Veteran Member

Ultimate Fist shaolin monk

I dont think we'll ever get rid of labels but yeah the color thing and the country thing has always seemed wierd. I mean, you're born in the borders of a country- so what? And a dark skin guy in Asia isn't the same as one in Africa.
Ultimate Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:35 PM   #6
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

"whats are you ?"

"i'm an asian german american from sweden whose skin is black"

Old 01-04-2007, 12:06 AM   #7
dimi

dimi grasshopper

^^^lmao

but i love my country too much to do that

Last edited by dimi; 01-04-2007 at 12:08 AM.
dimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:03 AM   #8
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Nationalism may be even worse than racism. I don't think there's anything wrong with havin a sense of family and where they've come from but that shit also allows people to starve to death miles from a town that has a problem with obsesity. And then the attitude is "Well they aren't Americans, so it's really not our problem."

While we should be able to step back and look at that and realize, "What the fuck are you talking about? A human is a human. Lets get these people some food and lets find a way to make this whole thing work better for everybody." The goverments of the world have just fooled us into thinking we're not in this together. As long as we believe that, shit will stay the same.

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
Kong
Veteran Member

Kong drunken mastaKong drunken mastaKong drunken masta

labels are only as serious as you make them.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #10
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Life.......is only what you make it.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:39 PM   #11
MsRzaRecTaH
jeŠ

MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Im brown.
1. This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.

-there's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self-
www.getthefunkouttamyface.com jeŠ
MsRzaRecTaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #12
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Unseen View Post
Nationalism may be even worse than racism. I don't think there's anything wrong with havin a sense of family and where they've come from but that shit also allows people to starve to death miles from a town that has a problem with obsesity. And then the attitude is "Well they aren't Americans, so it's really not our problem."

While we should be able to step back and look at that and realize, "What the fuck are you talking about? A human is a human. Lets get these people some food and lets find a way to make this whole thing work better for everybody." The goverments of the world have just fooled us into thinking we're not in this together. As long as we believe that, shit will stay the same.
Post of the Year nomination. Your totaly right. Nationalism does promote racism on the deepest levels. What we need to look out for now is the NWO using that to justify itself. But on personal levels we all need to read this again and think differently.

Me personaly - I sponsor a child in Chad through World Vision - even though I can't afford rent these days - that kid gets his money sent to him.

Last edited by V4D3R; 01-04-2007 at 12:54 PM.
V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #13
Skellington

Skellington shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to Skellington

Ehm what, you can't call y'r self an English man while y'r really from Belgium right?? Or call y'rself black while y'r actually white.....

dumb thread

Ban user
Old 01-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #14
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

^^In the end - this attitude will be obsolete.

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #15
Kong
Veteran Member

Kong drunken mastaKong drunken mastaKong drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity tha God View Post
Life.......is only what you make it.
dunno about that one. on some levels yeah but not on every level.