news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth > Audio Tips & Tricks

Old 01-31-2007, 05:03 PM   #31
FrenchShin
akabrownsugar

FrenchShin grasshopper

it's something like "add a new location" or something... you just have to browse your pc then.
FrenchShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:24 PM   #32
Ozmosis
Lupus est homo homini

Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

right click one of the packs and click explore folder and it should take you to the folder where the sound packs is and from there you can just drag and drop new files

[+]Facebook [+]Bandcamp [+]SoundCloud [+]Tumblr
Ozmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:19 PM   #33
SoundVolution

SoundVolution grasshopper

Should have posted in here instead.

Video on FL Studio Edison:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-JiEg1lajo
SoundVolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:25 AM   #34
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

everyone recording vocals with a shitty mic, compression is the key.
the best thing to get is one of the dbx rackmount joints, but you can get away with using software based compression like the wave hammer in sound forge. you can get great lo-fi vocal sounds with a shit mic & a high-threshold compression.
Memory Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:08 AM   #35
J-Cee
SmokeY

J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^k so is there any tutorials on how to add the compression..(im yet to downlaod that program)for like the amount to add and what not once ive recorded a track.
J-Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #36
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

if you use sound forge's wave hammer, start by setting the threshold right above the average peak level. if you're peaking at around 6db, set it for 6.5db. attack should be between 0 and 50ms and release between 0 and 100ms. that's a starting place. don't use the auto gain compensation, adjsut it manually. there's a second tab on the wave hammer plug-in called volume maximizer. you should experiment with different combinations of gain and volume maximizing. i usually set the compression threshold higher than most people, so its according to taste. hope this helps.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:18 AM   #37
J-Cee
SmokeY

J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ok thanks,how do u know what the level your peaking at is?
and also can u add the compression to single mixed down file of the beat and lyrics or is it betetr to apply it to the single audio tracks?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:14 AM   #38
J-Cee
SmokeY

by single audio tracks i mean,not the beat but just my voice.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #39
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

there are built in volume meters in sound forge. you can use the compression on the beat, vocal or both mixed, but i was originally suggesting it for the vocals only.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #40
CID DIGITAL
Banned

CID DIGITAL grasshopper

Peace ya'll.

I got FL6 but I dont have anything Midi'd into it right now. I'm just using samples that I can d/L. Is there a way to sample songs from my media library and then chop them? I figured out how to chop samples up last night but now I wanna know if I can pick a song and compress it into samples that I can chop up?

I tried sending an MP3 into the wave traveler and it was too much for it. Is there a program that I can D/L that will let me make samples out of an mp3 so that I can chop them in the wave travler?
CID DIGITAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:19 AM   #41
J-Cee
SmokeY

yo what does compression do to tracks sound anyway?cause i did it to one of tracks on my soundclick and i honestly cannot tell the difference at all,if i done it right.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:52 AM   #42
Ozmosis
Lupus est homo homini

Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ozmosis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
there are built in volume meters in sound forge. you can use the compression on the beat, vocal or both mixed, but i was originally suggesting it for the vocals only.

yo thanks for the advice, i used this (new to me) technique and it works well with some track s

Old 02-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #43
Last_Chamber2008
Mind Squad Ceo

Last_Chamber2008 grasshopper

Can someone give me a list of other beat-making softwares that are out there? ... outside of FL Studio
I originated a style of music called "Cerebral Music". I'm not like these other producers trying to imitate the Wu-Tang format. I do 90's beats because I'm from that era. PLEASE DO NOT CALL ME "Last Chamber" ... MY NAME IS ... The Prime Sithesizah

http://www.zshare.net/download/the_p...s-zip-zc9.html // http://www.zshare.net/download/inm_u...ge_lp-zip.html // http://www.zshare.net/download/inm_w...us_lp-zip.html
Last_Chamber2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #44
Ozmosis
Lupus est homo homini

Reason

Old 02-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #45
Kong
Veteran Member

Kong drunken mastaKong drunken mastaKong drunken masta

i got a new code now. don't worry.

Last edited by Kong; 02-23-2007 at 02:40 AM.
Kong is offline   Reply With Quote