news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 07-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #571
STYLE

i also liked the 1st ep "storty2tell"

appleseed 2...where they had the infertile clones and the computer named gaia?
if so, that shit is dope, i just watched it again last week
Old 07-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #572
STYLE

grappler baki
nice bloodsport/streetfighter type anime. underground tourney, dff styles. nice fights.
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6652653N...&viewType=user
Old 07-09-2008, 02:47 AM   #573
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

Just watched both of the Death Note films and although they're very good films, they've changed far too much. Near or Mello don't come into the film, but some of the things Near does still happens. They've also changed the way some of the cast die (like Ray Penbar's fiancee for one)

The Shinigami (Ryuk and Rem) look very good though as they're CGI. Although CGI mixed with live action doesn't seem like it would work it goes very well. They've also found the right actors to match their manga counterparts, especially L

If you've seen the anime then watch the film but things don't stick to the manga storyline so keep that in mind

There's supposed to be a third film but I don't see how that can happen considering what happens towards the end of the second film
Old 07-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #574
LORD ZERO
THE SHADOW DRAGON

LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to LORD ZERO Send a message via MSN to LORD ZERO Send a message via Yahoo to LORD ZERO

Iono About The Death Note Live Action Films, I Just Cant Bring Myself To Watch Them In Fear That It May Ruin It For Me Lol
LORD ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #575
STYLE

i thought so too. but they actually did a really good job.
the only diff is the plot. but otherwise a very good migration from animation to live action.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #576
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son

Look for it online, it's definitely worth watching

I found out about the third Death Note film, by the sounds of things it's something to stay away from. It focuses around L but about some killer virus instead of staying with the Manga
Old 07-11-2008, 03:21 AM   #577
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
i also liked the 1st ep "storty2tell"
Yeah i liked that one too, i also like the Deadshot episode and "work through the pain" episode

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #578
Guarded By Martyrs
There R No Strings On Me

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Just finnished watching Ghost In The Shell : Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig...
I really enjoyed this anime...possibly my favourite so far !!!!!!!!!
As 11th Chamber mentioned it isn't as good as the first series, I agree with this.
But it definatly is darker and at times expertly put together...
All the quick-fire/smaller stories build up to a great finale.
Where as the first series mainly circled around "The Laughing Man" saga.

My favourite episode would probabally be the poker game one...
Where "The Sniper" Saito told the story of how he became aquainted
With "The Major" reminded me of "Saving Private Ryan" with the sniper scene.

But once again the "Tachikomas" steal the show...
They were the best thing in the whole series in my opinion.
Really blurs the line between "when something stops working...and starts living"
They are just like little kids with a hunger for knowledge and a great curiosity.
Even the part at the end with the Satellite...that was deep.
Disobeying a direct order, they took action in which they new the outcome
I liked the bit when one of them said :

"Given The Situation...
I Think We Should Ignore The Major's Request And Use Our Own Initiative"

Thats deep shit right there^
Also there are many refferences like this
With things that really make you think about "Robots"
And our future relationship with them...(The Matrix, I-Robot, Terminator ect...)

I haven't felt a anime like this before...
I think I need to check the 2 films now.

Oh yeah...and the theme music is phat for both series.

PEACE

Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 07-11-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #579
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

This week I have mostly been watching.......

One Piece.

I never checked it before as I didn't think it would be my kinda thing, but having watched a few episodes I have to say I'm hooked. It perfectly bridges the gap between violent action anime and Saturday morning cartoon nostalgia for my youth. Shit, Zoro wasn't content with having a katana in each hand so he's got a third one held in his teeth - ya don't wanna fuck with a guy like that.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #580
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

^Just make sure you don't watch the 4kids dub, it's possibly the worst anime I've ever seen
Old 07-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #581
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by whers View Post
Just finnished watching Ghost In The Shell : Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig...
I really enjoyed this anime...possibly my favourite so far !!!!!!!!!
As 11th Chamber mentioned it isn't as good as the first series, I agree with this.
But it definatly is darker and at times expertly put together...
All the quick-fire/smaller stories build up to a great finale.
Where as the first series mainly circled around "The Laughing Man" saga.

My favourite episode would probabally be the poker game one...
Where "The Sniper" Saito told the story of how he became aquainted
With "The Major" reminded me of "Saving Private Ryan" with the sniper scene.

But once again the "Tachikomas" steal the show...
They were the best thing in the whole series in my opinion.
Really blurs the line between "when something stops working...and starts living"
They are just like little kids with a hunger for knowledge and a great curiosity.
Even the part at the end with the Satellite...that was deep.
Disobeying a direct order, they took action in which they new the outcome
I liked the bit when one of them said :

"Given The Situation...
I Think We Should Ignore The Major's Request And Use Our Own Initiative"

Thats deep shit right there^
Also there are many refferences like this
With things that really make you think about "Robots"
And our future relationship with them...(The Matrix, I-Robot, Terminator ect...)

I haven't felt a anime like this before...
I think I need to check the 2 films now.

Oh yeah...and the theme music is phat for both series.

PEACE
you like the same things i did when i first saw the series but the really deep thing is the song they were singing before they sacrifice them selfs again

"is because we are alive that we are sad when we raise our hand and let the sunlight filter through we can see our blood coursing through them a vivid red"

also the story of Motoko and Kuze was a really a sad one one of my fav ep and Saito's "Poker Face" ep was crazy a really clever title, love the part where Motoko is just staring the fuck out at him like a soulless doll even scared the shit out off him LOL! (now you know why he is the second with less prosthetics next to Togusa)
and last the fake trail against our fav detective Togusa what a well scripted ep that was before GITS series i never though that dialogue on an entire ep with now action would be so good and entertaining

i understand why we like the 1st series best even thou 2GIG got better episodes like those i mention before and a even more complex story
in overall SAC is better cuz of the Laughing Man case and the things that teenage super class hacker did like kidnapping Serrano's in the very faces of everybody he could walk in and out on any place he wanted without being notice and the battle he wage alone against corporations and the Prime Minister is a more appealing story of the underdog then the CoupD'eta Gouda was doing

"Whers" you should first see Solid State Society the movie follow up to the series before seeing the real thing The Classic Ghost In The Shell movie and Innocence

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Last edited by RagnaroK; 07-12-2008 at 09:18 AM.
RagnaroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #582
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

samurai pizza cats had a good moral purpose

KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:07 PM   #583
Guarded By Martyrs
There R No Strings On Me

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I remember that show I think^
Were there 3 of them ?
One had an Umbrella...is that right ?

Thanks for the tip RagnaroK
So there is a movie based on "Stand Alone Complex" right ?
And 2 movies before that ?
I think I've seen the original a long time ago...But I haven't seen "Innocence"

And yeah that bit when she stared him down all cold was nuts...
When he said :

"I Done A Simulation-Run To See What Would Happen If I Fired One Shot At The Major"

Then it showed you that she would just shoot his bullet down with her first shot
And hit him in the face with her second shot !!!!!!!

I like the vison of the show...I can really see the world becoming what is dipicted.
And I totally agree with you about the dialoge...
It was brilliant alomost belongs in a film.
I also couldn't belive how good the episode from the first series was
When they all sat around a table discussing "The Laughing Man" in great depth...
For the whole episode !!!!
As I said it sounded like it was straight out of a film.

And the "Tachikomas" voices were very well done I thought...
Made you care for them as they sounded like little kids.
And how they all sounded the same but as time passed they clearly became individuals
Both in the voices and their (dare I say it) personalities...This was a master stroke.
Still with the diagog...
Another reason I like it so much is because of this, when the fighting/action happens
It is excellent and the dialog really builds it up well.
It was nothing like I thought it would be :
I thought it would be all guns blazing but it was more precise and cold.
An excellent creation.

10/10

Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 07-12-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:39 PM   #584
STYLE

has anyone got into paranoia agent? done by the same folks behind GIS.
i was watching it for a while on Swim, missed a few eps ande it took a wild ass turn into some fantasy world so i was lost.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #585
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
^Just make sure you don't watch the 4kids dub, it's possibly the worst anime I've ever seen
Nah I download all of my anime in the original Japanese form with fan subs. Can't stand dubs as they almost always end up having horrible voices. On top of that they also butcher most of the violence out.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote