news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 02-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
verbalkent

verbalkent sitting duck
Default The Shaolin Wu-Tang movies list and links order of movies

So as far as the movies go does anyone know if there is an order to the movies like which is the first and last in each series, and iis it a series or dothey movies stand alone.

All so over at chambermusik so cat posted a link to some kung-fu movies

Do any of you have links for the Shaolin Wu-Tang movies
verbalkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
mantis_fist
Veteran Member

mantis_fist crouching tigermantis_fist crouching tiger

yo man, Here is a list I made a few years ago for my friends kung fu site. the link: http://www.kungfufilms.nl/Artikel_Wu_tang_samples.htm

its in dutch but you can still see what samples came from what movie. ITs listed by album. SOme that I did not know or that were incorrect are as follows:

from Iron Flag. Sample 2,4 & 8 are from Holy Robe of shaolin. Which at the time I only had the subtitled version but it seemed to fit based of the music. HA.

Uncontrolled susbtance. The sample is from Cantonen Iron Kung Fu.

Supreme clientelle. A sample I did not list. "my god so they are killers, I've heard lots of people say once a man's a killer they just keep on killing and killing. They sort of devlope a taste for blood. yeah thats right. they kill one man or kill ten it's all the same, after all it's the only thing you will want, yeah...."

this is from the shaw brothers movie "the savage 5"

Hope this helps!
mantis_fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 05:41 AM   #3
peddan

peddan grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbalkent View Post
So as far as the movies go does anyone know if there is an order to the movies like which is the first and last in each series, and iis it a series or dothey movies stand alone.

All so over at chambermusik so cat posted a link to some kung-fu movies

Do any of you have links for the Shaolin Wu-Tang movies

The Shaolin & Wu-Tang-movie is a stand alone movie. That's with Gordon Liu, Adam Cheng & Johnny Wang, sampled in 36 Chambers & Afro Samurai etc. There is a Shaolin & Wu-Tang II, but it got nothing to do with the first.

The 36th Cmabers-movies is a triology. First The 36th Chamber (aka Master Killer, stupid american title), second Return to the 36th, and third Disciples of the 36th Chamber. All three starring Gordon Liu, but he plays a different role in Return, and all worth checking out.

Hope I understood your question.

peace
peddan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:31 AM   #4
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

dope stukje, mantis_fist

Rame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
Jet Set
VogeltjesDansBende lid

Jet Set crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to Jet Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis_fist View Post
yo man, Here is a list I made a few years ago for my friends kung fu site. the link: http://www.kungfufilms.nl/Artikel_Wu_tang_samples.htm

its in dutch but you can still see what samples came from what movie. ITs listed by album. SOme that I did not know or that were incorrect are as follows:

from Iron Flag. Sample 2,4 & 8 are from Holy Robe of shaolin. Which at the time I only had the subtitled version but it seemed to fit based of the music. HA.

Uncontrolled susbtance. The sample is from Cantonen Iron Kung Fu.

Supreme clientelle. A sample I did not list. "my god so they are killers, I've heard lots of people say once a man's a killer they just keep on killing and killing. They sort of devlope a taste for blood. yeah thats right. they kill one man or kill ten it's all the same, after all it's the only thing you will want, yeah...."

this is from the shaw brothers movie "the savage 5"

Hope this helps!
Thanx for those updates man. Much appreciated. I tracked down quite a few titles with the help of that list. Fearless Dragons, Dragon The Hero, Unbeaten 28. Still missing alot. Also I accidentally bought the SB Death Duel which is totally different from Duel to the Death. Oddly enough it was much better movie with a crazy sense of studio atmosphere only parred by few in my library.

Last edited by Jet Set; 02-25-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Jet Set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:22 PM   #6
mantis_fist
Veteran Member

no problem jet set. I know LOTS of people always want to know this, and being as I have seen 700+ kung fu movies I figured Id put this list together for all those who wanted to see these truely awesome films!

BTW You will find it very hard to find a copy of holy robe of shaolin in english! I am thinking of making a version that is widescreen with the english dub.

PEACE
Old 02-27-2007, 01:03 AM   #7
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

^^^Nice list man!!! I like how you broke it down by album

here is another list, that lists the Venom films that had Wu Tang samples.

http://www.geocities.com/daband2000/...s-samples.html

it doesnt look complete to me, but they did a pretty good job
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:05 AM   #8
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i tried to buy some of these, you cant get em down ere - sucks

750 REBELS - australia's best

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:44 AM   #9
Jet Set
VogeltjesDansBende lid

Jet Set crouching tiger

Quote:
no problem jet set. I know LOTS of people always want to know this, and being as I have seen 700+ kung fu movies I figured Id put this list together for all those who wanted to see these truely awesome films!

BTW You will find it very hard to find a copy of holy robe of shaolin in english! I am thinking of making a version that is widescreen with the english dub.

PEACE
You don't thikn there's a chance of getting that online via p2p or torrents?

Just before Christmas I captured my video version of the Ten Tiger Of Kwantung. So I know got a sadly 4:3, but dubbed dvd version . All that in contrast to my remastered versions of Invincble Shoalin [subbed], Shaolin Temple [subbed] & 36 Chambers [subbed]. The latter I have on Divx [dubbed], but havent found the time to convert it to DVD. Or remaking it as a whole as you say.

In theory it could be done, although the recut os scenes could be a real bitch.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:04 PM   #10
mantis_fist
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
^^^Nice list man!!! I like how you broke it down by album

here is another list, that lists the Venom films that had Wu Tang samples.

http://www.geocities.com/daband2000/...s-samples.html

it doesnt look complete to me, but they did a pretty good job

That guy got that from my list, and then would not give me credit. ON the dutch site it clearly states at the bottom who made the list so...Plus he even got some of the samples incorrect. ITs like he forgot what movie and album went with what sample! USE my list for it to be correct!

But yeah thanks. I knew putting it by album would be the best way to do it. I am sure there are some samples that I did not get. Mostly from newier albums, or mixtapes and shit.

Jet I have made 'new' versions or 'new' dubs rather of kung fu movies. I would take a widescreen copy that was only in chinese and get my full screen english dubbed and rip the audio from it and then reline it up with the widescreen print. Ive dont it twice. ITs time consuming! But fun too.

PEACE yall!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:46 AM   #11
mobSta

mobSta grasshopper

so, does any one of ya can provide the real link to the wu-tang related movies?

so far, i got only the Wutang - 36 chambers, i dunno exactly whether it is return or smth else. but the story is how the guy has entered the shaolin temple, passed through the chambers, finally he has beaten the strongest and offered to spread the secret teachings, but he was refused and exiled.
mobSta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:22 AM   #12
Jet Set
VogeltjesDansBende lid

Jet Set crouching tiger

Quote:
That guy got that from my list, and then would not give me credit. ON the dutch site it clearly states at the bottom who made the list so...Plus he even got some of the samples incorrect. ITs like he forgot what movie and album went with what sample! USE my list for it to be correct!

But yeah thanks. I knew putting it by album would be the best way to do it. I am sure there are some samples that I did not get. Mostly from newier albums, or mixtapes and shit.

Jet I have made 'new' versions or 'new' dubs rather of kung fu movies. I would take a widescreen copy that was only in chinese and get my full screen english dubbed and rip the audio from it and then reline it up with the widescreen print. Ive dont it twice. ITs time consuming! But fun too.

PEACE yall!
How much room did you need on your HD? Rough Calculations would give 4GB for ripping a DVD. Going to 7-9 if you want to do it Dual Layer. And the you would have to make the image itself. So about 20 GB should be enough room for a smooth running of services?
Old 02-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #13
mantis_fist
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
How much room did you need on your HD? Rough Calculations would give 4GB for ripping a DVD. Going to 7-9 if you want to do it Dual Layer. And the you would have to make the image itself. So about 20 GB should be enough room for a smooth running of services?
It depends. I doubt youd need to make it a dual layer dvd. Unless you want to add some trailers or somthin. I think that 15-20 gigs would be plenty. A program that is great for ripping audio from dvds is called "dvd audio extractor" I have version 3. You can rip the whole dvd or just rip certian chapters. LEt me know if you need some more advice on that.

PEACE