news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 09-24-2008, 04:17 AM   #1
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Flying Lotus.

Ive been getting into Flying Lotus lately, and i haven't heard him spoken about here, so i thought i'd make some peoples aware of him.

I think an obvious comparison would be drawn between his music and that of J Dilla and Madlib.

But in my opinion, the instrumental albums he makes have fair more texture and atmosphere than either of the aforementioned.

I think a closer comparison would be with Deadelus ( http://www.moteldemoka.com/moka/dearlydeparted.mp3 )

He started off by making beats for Adult Swim.

He is the great nephew of Alice Coltrane.

He has two full length albums, 1983 and Los Angeles

Both are really worth checking out.

Anyway, here's some samples of his work.

http://www.myspace.com/flyinglotus

Testament - http://www.moteldemoka.com/moka/dearlydeparted.mp3

Parisian Goldfish - http://www.juslikemusic.com/wp-conte...n-goldfish.mp3

The Long Lost - Woebegone (Flying Lotus’ Luckiest Charm) - http://www.juslikemusic.com/wp-conte...iest-charm.mp3

The Long Lost - Woebegone (Fly Lo’s Like Woe) - http://www.juslikemusic.com/wp-conte...os-like-wo.mp3

LTWXRMX (Z Share) - http://www.zshare.net/audio/18402473967af02b/

His remix of Lightworks (LTWX) is banging.

He also does a pretty decent remix of a Lil Wayne track...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/17413082ff45adb9/

I'll post his albums in the vatican section in due course, and anyone else, feel free to pm me for a further sample of his work.

I can't recommend him highly enough to those into electronica/experimental/weird hip hop or anything like that.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:35 AM   #2
Jens Stoltenberg
Banned

Jens Stoltenberg sitting duck

yeah, he's pretty awesome.
If you like his music you should check out his collaboration with samiyam called 'flyamsam' as well.
Samiyam's solo work is pretty good as well.
Defo on par with flylo to say the least.
Jens Stoltenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:28 AM   #3
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah ive checked out Simiyam's EP.

Thought it was ok.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:51 AM   #4
MF Herbs
Monster Island Czar

MF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal son

Flying Lotus is sick.. Got his beats tapes.. dope music.. Samiyam is a problem too.. Got his tapes too lol.. Its gonna be a hard sell to get wu corp cats too listen to em tho lol..

"Yep"
MF Herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

^^ ill check it out.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #6
Longbongcilvaringz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF Herbs View Post
Flying Lotus is sick.. Got his beats tapes.. dope music.. Samiyam is a problem too.. Got his tapes too lol.. Its gonna be a hard sell to get wu corp cats too listen to em tho lol..
Yeah he's really good.

Im addicted to his most recent album Los Angeles.

I know it's difficult for people here to listen to new shit, but i figure if i put a thread up with a few links, then maybe a few more people will check him out.

Either way, it's their loss in the end.

Can't wait for his next 2 Ep's to come out.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:13 PM   #7
J-DON
Veteran Member

J-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkey

I got the Los Angeles album and its a pretty good listen. I gotta check out 1983 though.
J-DON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

From the tracks I heard from him, I really liked it. Sounds like Dilla never left

Altho I also heard a couple that I wasent feeling. Maybe a little bit too experimental

Gotta check his albums/EP's
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post

Yeah he's really good.

I know it's difficult for people here to listen to new shit, but i figure if i put a thread up with a few links, then maybe a few more people will check him out.

yeah Flying Locus is a dope as hell producer he got allot originality to him

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:09 PM   #10
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

He also does a pretty decent remix of a Lil Wayne track...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/17413082ff45adb9/

AHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHHAHAHAH!!

DONT TELL HIP HOP SHOPS!

Dont tell you owlstrains mates!!!

BUT TELL YA MAMMAS!!

BATtymans INTO LIL WAYNE!!! ooooooooooooooooooooooOOOAAAAhahaahaa

Or at least, his all time favorite producers IS, which is crushing Battymans illusions of the world, he cant accept it now......he HAS to become a Weezy fan
Old 09-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #11
Longbongcilvaringz

Uh?

I hardly ever even post in there, i think ive said wayne is terrible (which he is) on a couple of occasions...

Some people just listen to music they like... uhm, because they fucking like it.

I don't just not listen to tracks because he's on them, i'll give them a shot.

You have an opinion on Flying Lotus GHOSTLACED?

No doubt it will involve some comparison to Madlib and a mention of Madlib's superiority.

Flying Lotus is probably a better MC than Madlib.

[pb]

Old 09-30-2008, 09:49 AM   #12
MF Herbs
Monster Island Czar

MF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal sonMF Herbs prodigal son

Quote:

Yeah he's really good.

^^ can dig it..

"Yep"
MF Herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #13
vahacris
Shaolin Inc. Abbott

vahacris Sinister snakevahacris Sinister snakevahacris Sinister snakevahacris Sinister snake

hes a very good producer imo. theres many more talented rappers but as an producer hes always on point. i bumped Los Angeles album numerous times, shit iz dope, similar imo to ninja tune albums, which are always orginal........

but here on wucorp, sound schack is all about loving/hating weezy/50 cent. like tsa would say - i dont know him so hes weak.

----the what you said iz truth.....wu will survive----
vahacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #14
Longbongcilvaringz

haha

Look at the video for Parisian Goldfish:

http://www.factmagazine.co.uk/index....1179&Itemid=26

Youtube already banned it.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #15
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Quote:
haha

Look at the video for Parisian Goldfish:

http://www.factmagazine.co.uk/index....1179&Itemid=26

Youtube already banned it.
ahahahahahahaha

I can see so many hilarious .gifs being made from that. Just the close-ups of the dudes face is all u need

Quote:

No doubt it will involve some comparison to Madlib and a mention of Madlib's superiority.

Flying Lotus is probably a better MC than Madlib.

[pb]
Malib has never been considered much of an MC. Even he has said that.

But Its gonna take alot more than what Iv heard from Lotus so far to even put him at Madlib's level
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote