news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground > Technical Support

Old 02-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF
Question Media Player Thread

There are many different media players. WMP , WinAmp , Foobar , iTunes , and Realplayer are a few.

I use either wmp and iTunes.

I got a question about media players in general though. Do they all skip when playing on random in-between songs?

I have firefox and I use FoxyTunes now. I noticed when I first installed it that it wouldnt really skip while playing my whole library on random. The songs would crossfade into one another perfectly and now (about 2 weeks after I installed foxytunes) it skips something stupid when the songs change.

Is there a way to clear this up?
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
Sexy Jasper
Fuck your thing

Sexy Jasper shaolin monk
Send a message via ICQ to Sexy Jasper Send a message via AIM to Sexy Jasper Send a message via MSN to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Yahoo to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Skype™ to Sexy Jasper

I stick to Foobar for music and Media Player Classic for movies. Cheerio.

Sexy Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Do you ever have any skipping with foobar?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #4
Sexy Jasper
Fuck your thing

Sexy Jasper shaolin monk
Send a message via ICQ to Sexy Jasper Send a message via AIM to Sexy Jasper Send a message via MSN to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Yahoo to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Skype™ to Sexy Jasper

Never. But then again, I have a good soundcard.

Sexy Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
INF
Digital @fterLife

Okay , I see where this is going.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo

Ok Jasp, what do you consider a good soundcard? I'm assuming you mean a soundchip that isn't what came on your motherboard?
Old 02-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

i use SonicStage... altho... i didnt wanna convert all files to ATRAC so i jus still use mp3's, cuz if my mp3 player breaks, im gonna have a shitload of ATRAC files to convert back... but i like my sonicstage nonetheless... i used to use Winamp

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #8
INF
Digital @fterLife

I never heard of sonicstage before. You mean like Green Hill Zone Act 2 "sonicstage"?? I know bout that Sonicstage and a few others. Fuck Robotnik!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #9
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo

I actually prefer the ABC version of Sonic The Hedgehog as opposed to the UPN version...
Old 02-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #10
INF
Digital @fterLife

Turns out that I had installed a plug in thru windows that slowed everything down. It was supposed to enhance sound but instead it slowed down everything.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #11
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
I actually prefer the ABC version of Sonic The Hedgehog as opposed to the UPN version...
ur not funny ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity tha God View Post
I never heard of sonicstage before. You mean like Green Hill Zone Act 2 "sonicstage"?? I know bout that Sonicstage and a few others. Fuck Robotnik!
nah... it came with my Sony mp3 player doggy...

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:02 PM   #12
dirty-minded

dirty-minded grasshopper

For those that use iTunes, do any of you use that "multi plug-in"? I just d/l it and I'm by no means a computer genius. Does it do anything real special besides giving you the ability to change the skins on iTunes?
dirty-minded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #13
Lil' Ruger
Fukkin Vet!!!!

Lil' Ruger crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to Lil' Ruger

VLc media player is a good choice.

Killbot Beats 2008 NIGGGAAAAAAAAA
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=842145
Lawrlz Ya Sniffs???

"we laptop nigga, thugs on a computer." -TheShaolinAssassin
Lil' Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #14
Sean
Wu Vatican

Sean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of fury

Windows media player 11 is pretty good, I never have any problems with it and it's really easy to use with loads of features and shit. Everyone should download it now if they haven't already. It really is good.

Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:54 AM   #15
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

for audio the best is foobar2000.

and for video files: k-lite mega codec pack comes with media player classic.

additionally i got the vlc.

there wasnt a single file i couldnt get to play.
Professor Poopsnagle is offline   Reply With Quote