news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground > Technical Support

Old 03-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
bizzlez
Very Young To Hip-Hop

bizzlez grasshopper
Default Need Help From Someone Who's Pretty Good With Computers

Whenever I go to play that free game America's Army, it lags fucking bad. If you could recommend upgrades that'll make my computer run the game smoothly, that'd be helpful.

This is the computer I have

http://www.dell.com/content/products...=22&l=en&s=dfh

This is the games system requirements

http://americasarmy.com/support/faq_win.php?p=1&t=4

In the dell I have the basic processor, but my brother upgraded the Ram to 768 MB's (one's 256 MB's, and the others 512 MB's). Should I get another 512 MB chip and replace the 256 one? And should I get like a $50 graphics card, the one in my computer is only the, Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics 2, and I have no idea if its powerful enough to run the game if I just upgraded the smaller MB chip.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

i dont know much about games on comps, but you should upgrade your ram to 2GB...

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
bizzlez
Very Young To Hip-Hop

bizzlez grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
i dont know much about games on comps, but you should upgrade your ram to 2GB...
don't think my shitty ass dell can support that much
Old 03-01-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo

After looking over your specs I can tell you're going to have the same problem I did. but I'll give you a heads up so that it was be as painful for you as it was for me.

In terms of graphics you state that the game is laggy. Now is that an overall framerate drop or just frequent pauses in online gameplay? If it's lag from online play then you can upgrade your graphics all day long, you still won't get rid of that. In that case you'll have to try to squeeze as much juice out of your internet connection as you can muster. However, if it is the framerate issue then updating your graphics will definately help.

I noticed in your computer spec page that you only have PCI slots on your motherboard. I know how much that sucks. You won't be able to get a great card but you'll be able to grab something that will run that game at least and a few others

Your two best bets would be these bad boys

CHAINTECH P-FX20 256MB Geforce FX5200 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI Video Card

SAPPHIRE 100114 LB Radeon 9250 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI Video Card

Now the top card is a Nvidia card while the bottom card is a ATI. I didn't know if you prefer one kind over the other. But between the specs of these two cards the Nvidia one is the better card but the more expensive one out of the two. Now you don't have to get one of these two particular cards, they sell these kinds all day long at Best buy and Circuit City, I just put these up as examples of what to look for. So you'll wanna make sure that whatever you get has those specs. I'd go with the Nvidia card cause it is the better of the two. And an extra gig of RAM wouldn't hurt ya either.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
Godbrother

Your computer meets the minimum requirements for that game.

being you have windows, make sure you have service pack 2 installed if not update you computer by performing a windows update especially for drivers

Service pack 2 is very important for windows computer(it gives increased performance, security and new features)
Old 03-02-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
bizzlez
Very Young To Hip-Hop

bizzlez grasshopper

I'll give you an example of the lag I get.

I'll go to shoot someone, and if I actually kill someone, I'll notice I did it on my screen like a second after I start shooting him (the crosshair could be on the guy too).

And another thing I noticed is that if I'm moving forward while sprinting (even without sprinting) it'll freeze me in that spot for a second or two, then bring me back a few movements.

Those are the biggest things I've noticed. Also, is high ping like 60-100 mean your internet connections slow? Two computers in the house are hooked up wireless to the same cable modem and router.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo

Ok, that's just server lag. That has nothing to do with your graphics. And yeah, that's a pretty high ping for trying to play any game online and it might just have to do with you sharing your internet connection.