news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 07-04-2005, 02:41 PM   #46
the8stricker

the8stricker grasshopper
Default Re: Favourite Boxers

Speed and power boxers are the best boxers in my books. Pretty Boy Floyd is a great demonstration of that. I don't know what happened with the Roy Jones Jr. and Antonio Tarver fight, I think it was a set-up.

Harlem's Finest
the8stricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:12 AM   #47
Big Bad Man
Mr Wuniverse

Big Bad Man grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8stricker
Speed and power boxers are the best boxers in my books. Pretty Boy Floyd is a great demonstration of that. I don't know what happened with the Roy Jones Jr. and Antonio Tarver fight, I think it was a set-up.
Nah what happened was Roy fed into the media bullshit too long tryna bring him down n felt he had to fight on longer than planned. So to save that shit he went against all odds n went to heavy to school Ruiz. However, coz his body is older now once it adapted to the HW build it struggled to get back to where it was in terms of speed n agaility at LHW. That fucked his career. After Ruiz he shoulda retired.

Also in the tarver n johnson fight his corner men where tellin him he was winnin easy? Shame.

Im gutted for Jones, had he retired after Ruiz fight, winnin belts for middle - heavy he woulda been my joint numero uno with Tyson.

PS - wicked banner man! peace to Big L.

Big Bad Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:38 AM   #48
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

agree
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #49
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Man
Man that final? I have to go for Skelton coz hes a good big fucker n an ex muay thai champ nah mean? Met him in Trafford centre (think thats the name) in manchester few years ago n he was cool as fuck.

Danny should beat him but I want Skelton to take it. But man, anything can happen. Good to see some boxers up in here. Long u been trainin Princerai?

Peace.
peace, ive been interested in boxing for years, but started amateur last year.
how about u?

man, skelton is definitely got some experience in martial arts which is a benefit, though people have recognised that his style of boxing is more fighting than boxing, nahmean??

if williams fights with brain and heart, he could win it.

its def a huge fight for both, because its make or break nahmean?

peace

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:43 AM   #50
Big Bad Man
Mr Wuniverse

Big Bad Man grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princerai
peace, ive been interested in boxing for years, but started amateur last year.
how about u?

man, skelton is definitely got some experience in martial arts which is a benefit, though people have recognised that his style of boxing is more fighting than boxing, nahmean??

if williams fights with brain and heart, he could win it.

its def a huge fight for both, because its make or break nahmean?

peace
Aye man. I started when I was 5. Had a few undefeated amateurs n realised muay thai n vale tudo was the way. Never looked back but I love boxing just as much. Peace.

Old 07-07-2005, 02:23 AM   #51
Wu-Tang 9
Shaolin Warrior

Wu-Tang 9 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Wu-Tang 9

WTF? dude u got ur list all wrong no one should like ali...sry to all u posers that think u know boxing .. have a chat wit me about it... i display my aim sn: TeamSiegelBxng
Old 07-07-2005, 02:24 AM   #52
Wu-Tang 9
Shaolin Warrior

Wu-Tang 9 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Wu-Tang 9

Joe Louis
Old 07-07-2005, 02:53 PM   #53
Big Bad Man
Mr Wuniverse

Big Bad Man grasshopper

Joe Louis another legend but boring to watch so no in my fav list.

Old 07-08-2005, 11:07 AM   #54
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

agree^^

i mean there are many great boxers, even now, klitschko is a damn good boxer, but he's so boring..

Old 07-10-2005, 12:09 AM   #55
the8stricker

the8stricker grasshopper

Yea entertainment value is important but I feel if I was a boxer I would rather have true boxing skills. I believe Ray Robinson had this skill, I've never really seen a Joe Louis fight but I've heard that he's a true boxer also.

But fighters like Roy and Floyd are agile and quick looking to perform a fake and strike quickly with a strong punch which catches the eye of many fans. Thats why their fights are so hyped up. Everyone knows this though, its obvious. But I would rather watch one of these type of fights. But Floyd is more of a boxer than Roy was. It seems like he takes a more balance approach. After the Gatti and Micky Ward fight people were calling Gatti and true representation of boxer. But Floyd killed Gatti and everyone's beliefs on Gatti's skills. Gatti is still a good boxer though.

Boxing is a great sport and I love it but my favorite boxer will be Pretty Floyd always.

Harlem's Finest
Old 07-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #56
Big Bad Man
Mr Wuniverse

Big Bad Man grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8stricker
Yea entertainment value is important but I feel if I was a boxer I would rather have true boxing skills. I believe Ray Robinson had this skill, I've never really seen a Joe Louis fight but I've heard that he's a true boxer also.

But fighters like Roy and Floyd are agile and quick looking to perform a fake and strike quickly with a strong punch which catches the eye of many fans. Thats why their fights are so hyped up. Everyone knows this though, its obvious. But I would rather watch one of these type of fights. But Floyd is more of a boxer than Roy was. It seems like he takes a more balance approach. After the Gatti and Micky Ward fight people were calling Gatti and true representation of boxer. But Floyd killed Gatti and everyone's beliefs on Gatti's skills. Gatti is still a good boxer though.

Boxing is a great sport and I love it but my favorite boxer will be Pretty Floyd always.
Actually I dont hink it killed our perception of Gattis skills. I hink it just exploded Mayweathers. Lotta people I know who love boxing n follow it never seen mayweather till that fight. Strange..... but true.... haha. Mayweather right now is the man, I always sported him. Same with Judah.

Speed, flashiness n agility does sell. But mind the best sellin boxing ever was a killah, ma man Tyson.

Old 07-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #57
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Word, i havent seen much of Mayweather till the Gatti fight, only read much about his skill in Boxing Monthly UK..

He is def a good boxer, he showed it with a degree of ease, cosidering that Gattis is still a good boxer..

i agree with BIG, tyson always outselled others in boxing, he was a huge character, sadly he became famous infamously.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #58
the8stricker

the8stricker grasshopper

Yea I've seen a couple of 3 or 4 of Floyd's fights and it just looked like he was untouchable from those fights. Ever since I supported him.

But I forgot to mention Zab Judah. His bout vs. Spinks was the first time I saw him. I knew Judah was going to win ever since he came out of the lockeroom. He seemed way more hungry and Spinks' long walk to the ring with poor artist Nelly gave him a even more profound stand to take down Spinks. I hate that I missed his last bout I heard it ended in the third round on a TKO.

Wasn't Judah's last fight on the night of Floyd vs. Gatti?

Harlem's Finest
Old 07-11-2005, 01:07 AM   #59
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Rocky Marciano, Young Tyson, Floyd Mayweather (702) and Ishe Smith (702, and coming), Ali, Hopkins, Lewis, Ray Leonard, Holyfield, Roy Jones Jr,
Old 07-11-2005, 04:19 AM   #60
SHRAP
PRESIDENT OF WORLD

SHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to SHRAP Send a message via MSN to SHRAP

i like my boxers the best, i dont know why all these other dudes said they be likin a bunch of other dudes boxers...