news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

View Poll Results: How would you rate the Wisemen album?
1 Mic 8 6.06%
2 Mics 7 5.30%
3 Mics 23 17.42%
4 Mics 58 43.94%
5 Mics 36 27.27%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp
Default Wisemen Ratings Poll

as requested by Bronze Nazareth i will make a poll for the album... i was able to talk with him for a bit and he wants to know your feelings on the LP using the polls as votes

so bring it..

state why you chose your vote... and all that jazz...

ill post my vote on this soon, my cd jus came in yesterday.. i need some time... peace

can you MODs for this section make this a sticky for like a week?

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Last edited by Razorsharp; 03-09-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:41 AM   #2
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo

Peash Ron! I gave the album a 4. I'm feelin it, the lyrics are insightful if not a bit too complex for their own good. Phille rips it though On the beat side, I think it was less focused then say Great Migration. But any Bronze beat is a good beat IMO.

Peash to Bronze too, keep pumpin out those bangers! I'm come holla at you and the crew once I get up to Tha D! I can't rap though
Old 03-09-2007, 01:49 AM   #3
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i gave it a 5...i posted a review in the Reviews section ( http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33206 ) but ill try to explain why...

i just think its a superbly crafted product...every song is good, every beat is dope and every emcee came hard with the lyrics...

this is the only cd i have been listening to since it came out and i havent gotten tired of it at all and i listen to it straight thru every time...

the verses on most of the songs (especially Bronze's) are the kind where u try to memorize every line so that it gets stuck in ur head and u go over it in ur mind all day tryin to decipher the meaning behind it...

i could go on and on, but i've expressed plenty of my thoughts on Bronze on here recently already and i dont feel like repeatin myself...

Quote:
(from my post in the Babygrande records thread....)

yea the more i listen to the Wisemen album im realizin that Bronze has really carved out a name for himself...the kid is gifted, seriously....

CRAAAAZY fuckin beat-making skills and i don't think too many ppl realize it but the dude is nothing short of an incredible emcee...im not just bein a fanboy or dickrider or whatever....LISTEN TO HIS SHIT....write it down if u have to.....lyrics are deep as fuck

hes a student of the Wu sound and flavor without a doubt which is great too...its dope cuz he can encompass the influence of Killarmy, 4th Disciple, Sunz of Man, Royal Fam, True Master, Rza, all the generals.......you know what i mean????? just as an example the song Verbal Joust totally reminds me of a Killarmy song...and sometimes in his lyrics you can taste a little bit of vintage Cappadonna or Ghostface

and he does some kinda weird, interesting stuff sometimes like in the song Blinded the 2 verses are constructed exactly the same way line for line....and in the song Goblins he crafted his verse to be along the same exact structure as Phillie's...theres probably alot more stuff like that but im just catchin shit now that i've heard the album about 20 times now...

"i'm so patient i could watch a tree die and re-grow.."
Old 03-09-2007, 02:08 AM   #4
Wu Stoneman

Wu Stoneman crouching tiger

4.5/5 - greatly constructed album. This would have more impact if they had good promotion, and a bigger name.

I think lyrically, this album is OUTSTANDING. No one is talking about what they are, the range of topics is good, storytelling is CRAZY on here...the stories are good as hell like little movies. you can visualize the lyrics. Im very very impressed with the verses on here.

Cant pick a favorite verse, but at the moment Bronze on "Honor's Promise"

"give a gold kiss/my future bright like UFO bliss/
if I hand you my page could you feel my drift?/
my heart is steel mine stiff diamond cave rich"
Wu Stoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:10 AM   #5
Mista JpKoff
The Cooker

Mista JpKoff crouching tiger

4/5
Good album, really something to be proud of. It's timeless music, constructed from samples of timeless music...
It has much coherence and a strong mood to it, really deep shit.
But what i missed was more fun and more funk... to add variety, something more uptempo, some humorous lyrics here and there,
Only my taste though.

Blinded is a monster, Bronze really masters this kind of tracks.

Lyrically it's awesome, flows could be better but whatever... And musically i love those beats full of horns and those "real-sounding" drums. Definitely looking forward to more of this kind of material.

STREET CORNER, by MANO

Last edited by Mista JpKoff; 03-09-2007 at 04:16 AM.
Mista JpKoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #6
Kamikaze
Still Looking...

Kamikaze grasshopper
Send a message via ICQ to Kamikaze

I voted 5 (4.5 realistically). This album is going to be in my heavy rotation for a long time. Bronze and Kevlaar brought the usual high standard of beats. I was really surprised by the Wisemen lyrically. Other than Bronze and to a lesser extent Kevlaar, I hadn't heard much of these guys lyrically. This is an impressive group of MCs. Amazing beats & lyrics, great album.

Bonus points for the fact that these guys take the time to personally stay in touch with their fans.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #7
Ya_Bane
I'm The Master MingLuKhan

Ya_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal son

I gave it 4 mics. I haven't had time to listen to it alot tho, so my rating may change. Before yesterday I hadn't heard it since it leaked, and when I heard it yesterday while working I really felt the whole thing, It'll get alot of space the following weeks.

overall I think they did a great job with this album, both lyrically and production-wise, it's a great product.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #8
Jim Kelly

Jim Kelly grasshopper

I'd give it a 3.5, so I guess a 4 if you round it up.

Anyone happen to see the review of this album on rapreviews? They shitted all over the album.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #9
Below Zero
The Brisk Wind Fist

Below Zero grasshopper

I have trouble deciding which cd to play! Do I want to hear Razah or Wisemen. CLASSICS!

2007: The sting of the bee!
Below Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:02 PM   #10
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i dono why a handful of ppl bring up the idea that the album needs more "uptempo" tracks....i mean the overall feeling of the album is grimey, rusty, rugged-ness but tracks like:

Associated (especially this one...how many songs do u hear like this nowadays with a fast flow and dope lyricism??)
New Year Banga
Welcome Home

are those kinda songs if u ask me...
Old 03-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #11
famenchuan
Wu Vatican

famenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkey

Def a 4. I prob would of gave it a 4.5 if they would of threw in 1 or 2 high energy tracks like 5th chamber style. Excellent album though.
famenchuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #12
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

4 Mics
Old 03-10-2007, 12:54 PM   #13
Heath1119ax

Heath1119ax grasshopper

The beat on mixture of muhammed is dope as hell
Heath1119ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #14
Megaman

Megaman grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Megaman Send a message via MSN to Megaman

I love it. I gave it 4. I love all the beats and the samples used on them, specially Up There Beyond, Verbal Joust, Welcome Home.... hell... almost all the tracks. Props to Bronze and Kevlar for those great beats.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #15
Hollow Dartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

3.5 It didn't impress me really.not sayin that it's wack but it 's just missing something to me. I'll give it a 4 on the poll. They had some nice tracks too.
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote