news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 07-21-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
Jacktrippa718
Banned

Jacktrippa718 grasshopper
Default What if Wu never broke up and released solo albums???

Think about..if they never broke up the group all those solo albums could have just been wutang group albums. All the beats that where used on Only built for cuban linx, Tical, Liquid swords, return to the 36 chambers, Iron man and so on. There were enough beats there to fuel Wu Tang group albums for years and they would probably be still riding high..instead they flooded the market It's just a thought though..
Jacktrippa718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #2
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default Re: What if Wu never broke up and released solo albums???

going solo was not what sunk them. the went away from wu production and wu guests on those solos. they did very well from 93 to 2000 but when they started getting outside production and outside guests, thats when things fell apart.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
Jacktrippa718
Banned

I def think that's what sunk them the reason they went out to other producers and other guest spots is because they are out of ideas. Instead of using all the ideas of 9 people to fuel 9 careers they could have used the ideas from those 9 people to just fuel the career of Wu-tang as a group.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:22 PM   #4
bigjigz98

bigjigz98 grasshopper

That would mean that there would be TOO many solo songs on TOO many wu-tang cds. These guys are top-notch mcs in an era when mc-ing is a lost art. I think they all DESERVE to shine on their own every now and again.
bigjigz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:23 PM   #5
Godess
Banned

Godess grasshopper

Useless.
Godess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:23 PM   #6
Royal_Fam_16o0

Royal_Fam_16o0 grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36
going solo was not what sunk them. the went away from wu production and wu guests on those solos. they did very well from 93 to 2000 but when they started getting outside production and outside guests, thats when things fell apart.
I agree - when they started venturing out and exploring other ideas, they lost that dark kung fu flick underground appeal.... the minute they stopped using kung fu flicks for skits and stopped using there aliases and wutang slang forget it.. hasnt felt the same since..... but i gotta support these guys till the death...
Old 07-21-2005, 12:24 PM   #7
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Wu never broke up now, It just seems that way. I think the productions did them in.

You have nine guys, nine minds, and nine different directions. (R.I.P. O.D.B.)
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:26 PM   #8
Jacktrippa718
Banned

No you use all the same beats that were used from all those albums and just add other wu membeer. Just imagine Ol dirty's shimmy shimmy ya with a few other wu members added to it to make it a Wu song instead of an old dirty song. Or how about Liquid swords from gza's album with 5 other wu members rocking over that beat.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:26 PM   #9
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

i dont see how solo's was the issue when they were successful with it for the better part of 7 years. if Rza and wu elements would have continued to produce for all solos and wufam projects they would still be rockin today. the thing that sunk them was outside help. also they put out too many artists. the 9 generals and sunz of man, killarmy, la darkman, and timbo kind were enough.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 07-21-2005, 12:30 PM   #10
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacktrippa718
No you use all the same beats that were used from all those albums and just add other wu membeer. Just imagine Ol dirty's shimmy shimmy ya with a few other wu members added to it to make it a Wu song instead of an old dirty song. Or how about Liquid swords from gza's album with 5 other wu members rocking over that beat.
that plan would've been successful too. except that each member wouldnt have made as much money because you have to divide the pot between 9 MC's. you do solos and the person on the album gets the pot. Rza gave each member a chance to get an individual payoff and they did it very successfully too. but as i've said, they abondoned the formula.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:33 PM   #11
sakk
Autarch

sakk crouching tigersakk crouching tiger

Quote:
Come on now. Sunk them? Fell apart? Wu aint done none of that. I'm a Wu Tang fascist as far as i'm concerned Wu is invincible. All Wu albums are good. I can find a lyric for every Wu arguement. Its Wu Tang Nigga, Shame on a Nigga who tried to run game.

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
rep·re·sent
To stand for; symbolize
sakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:34 PM   #12
Jacktrippa718
Banned

What Im saying is that they abandoned the formula because they ran out of ideas. They put out too much product. They worked by the method of putting quantity ahead of quality.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:36 PM   #13
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakk
Come on now. Sunk them? Fell apart? Wu aint done none of that. I'm a Wu Tang fascist as far as i'm concerned Wu is invincible. All Wu albums are good. I can find a lyric for every Wu arguement. Its Wu Tang Nigga, Shame on a Nigga who tried to run game.
do you think that wu-tang is as good now as they were from 93-2000? cuz thats what im talkin about when i say "fell apart"
Old 07-21-2005, 12:40 PM   #14
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacktrippa718
What Im saying is that they abandoned the formula because they ran out of ideas. They put out too much product. They worked by the method of putting quantity ahead of quality.
the formula was the idea. if wu would've stayed with it, they could put out just about anyone they wanted and they would've been successful.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:41 PM   #15
sakk
Autarch

sakk crouching tigersakk crouching tiger

Quote:
do you think that wu-tang is as good now as they were from 93-2000? cuz thats what im talkin about when i say "fell apart"
^ Even though it hurts my Wu fascism to say so ... I dont think they are as good now as they were from 93-2000. But I will say they still are good. My backing example is this: Jordan was still good when he played for the Wizards just not at the level of greatness we are used to from MJ.
Wu is still badass, they just play for the Wizards now. (In a metaphorical sense)

Also heres an excerpt from an interview w/Rza that I read:
RZA: In the year 1992, I formed my company Wu-Tang Productions, and up to 1997, everything went according to plan. I promised everybody… I was like: "Yo, trust me, we will be n°1”, and in 1997, after the 5 years were over, we were n°1. There was nobody else… That's what I said, what I promised, and I delivered it, nahmean? So I think I did it proper. After that, after 1997, I didn't have a plan, it was whatever. I just recently got a new plan more for myself and those who want to get involved with it. But from 92 to 97, I had a real serious plan, I had inspiration and a vision; I lived it out, and it worked. It helped break out Hip Hop to a whole new realm of listeners, a whole new world. That was my duty, that was my plan, that was my job and I feel like I completed it.

On 1997, I personally tore Wu Tang Clan up. I won't forget this day, we were on the Rage Against The Machine tour bus. Everybody was becoming lazy, niggas even started not showin' up. I said "Yo! I did my shit! From this point on, do what the fuck you want. The Wu Mansion? Y'all turned that shit to a club house! From now on, The Wu Mansion is MY house. You wanna come and rock? I'll be there”, and niggas respected it. To me, it's like Mike Tyson: he got to the top of the world and shit, and he stopped trainin'. Fuck that, you must never stop trainin'. Well you can stop if you want, if you're happy, but if you wanna go further. All I did was promise to get'em to there, from this point, it's up to each of them. For that, Method Man's a good example: he took it to the movies and he went to the moon. So brothers had no success after that, nahmean? Cappadonna, see, he's drivin' a cab.
http://www.hiphopcore.net/interviews/rza_english.php3 (Link to interview)

Basically it shows how success took away a bit of Wu's hunger and fire. Wu is still great though Rza is still on point and running things.

Yo, you may catch me in a pair of Polo Skipperys, matching cap
Razor blades in my gums (BOBBY!)
You may catch me in yellow Havana Joe's goose jumper
And my phaser off stun (BOBBY!)
Y'all might just catch me in the park playin chess, studyin math
Signin 7 and a sun (BOBBY!)
But you won't catch me without the ratchet, in the joint
Smoked out, dead broke or off point (BOBBY!)

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
rep·re·sent
To stand for; symbolize
sakk is offline   Reply With Quote