0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Lyric Interpretation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 09:09 AM   #1
abasi
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 757
Rep Power: 12
abasi grasshopper
Default Bellz of war ?

i havent listened to Wu Tang Forever in a while until recently
i was listening to Bellz of War and i always thought it was Meth that said
"the weight of the fam is on our backs and we cant fall victim to the long hall of fame meanin nothing" line. But now i'm not sure is it Masta Killa
what do yall think
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
venex
aka PROFIT
 
venex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 25
Posts: 5,063
Rep Power: 20
venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex
Default

it's MK..

I think it means... they have the killa beez (and actually a big group of other people supporting them and/or also makin' hiphop) and that they won't become commercial and shit... (= the long hall of fame) wich actually means nothing..When you are commercial, you ain't shit, you aren't a real artist anymore who does it for the love, but you do it for the money...

they won't fall victim to it...
__________________
Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
If what you say is true...
The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
abasi
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 757
Rep Power: 12
abasi grasshopper
Default

thats what i actually thought myself
its funny because that saying could apply to more than just hip hop
like life
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
venex
aka PROFIT
 
venex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 25
Posts: 5,063
Rep Power: 20
venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex
Default

true
__________________
Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
If what you say is true...
The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #5
J.T.S.
God Of WAr
 
J.T.S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,445
Rep Power: 29
J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

He couldv'e meant carrying one of his boys to the hall of fame because they toes hurt, and he dosen't make it because he drop him so they both gotta go to the hospital, and it was all for nothing.
__________________



My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
Hell razah
J.T.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #6
abasi
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 757
Rep Power: 12
abasi grasshopper
Default

crazy
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.
 
the silencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: i roam the earth's surface
Age: 29
Posts: 6,699
Rep Power: 34
the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T.S. View Post
He couldv'e meant carrying one of his boys to the hall of fame because they toes hurt, and he dosen't make it because he drop him so they both gotta go to the hospital, and it was all for nothing.
......what?
__________________
the silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #8
abasi
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 757
Rep Power: 12
abasi grasshopper
Default

jts is just playin
i hope
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:09 AM   #9
crass
Wise to da game
 
crass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Age: 28
Posts: 7,637
Rep Power: 23
crass crouching tiger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venex View Post
it's MK..

I think it means... they have the killa beez (and actually a big group of other people supporting them and/or also makin' hiphop) and that they won't become commercial and shit... (= the long hall of fame) wich actually means nothing..When you are commercial, you ain't shit, you aren't a real artist anymore who does it for the love, but you do it for the money...

they won't fall victim to it...
maybe, but it could mean sort of the opposite too. like wu-tang has this huge crew of MCs (killa bees) and the hall of fame meaning "nothing" would be if wu-tang acheived all this fame and success and none of their fam were able to be successfull from it.

the point of the lyric meaning, "what's the point of getting big if our friends can't, too?"
__________________
crass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:21 AM   #10
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!
 
DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: yes, I has it
Age: 25
Posts: 13,535
Rep Power: 56
DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

at first is MK, than is Meth talking about 'we see you in da club sumtin sumtin'
DR. NICK RIVIERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:46 AM   #11
Marvin
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 33
Rep Power: 0
Marvin grasshopper
Default

We be seeing y'all asses when we walk up in the club
Y'all all in the back
Scared to speak the speak cause you scared
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #12
Wu-Tang Kills G-Unit
Atleast they used to
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 296
Rep Power: 0
Wu-Tang Kills G-Unit sitting duck
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasi View Post
i havent listened to Wu Tang Forever in a while until recently
i was listening to Bellz of War and i always thought it was Meth that said
"the weight of the fam is on our backs and we cant fall victim to the long hall of fame meanin nothing" line. But now i'm not sure is it Masta Killa
what do yall think
WTF!!!


MK? Why he makin fun of mef?
Wu-Tang Kills G-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:42 AM   #13
Fresh Breath
Senior Member
 
Fresh Breath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dublin
Age: 25
Posts: 354
Rep Power: 0
Fresh Breath grasshopper
Send a message via Yahoo to Fresh Breath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crass View Post
maybe, but it could mean sort of the opposite too. like wu-tang has this huge crew of MCs (killa bees) and the hall of fame meaning "nothing" would be if wu-tang acheived all this fame and success and none of their fam were able to be successfull from it.

the point of the lyric meaning, "what's the point of getting big if our friends can't, too?"
Yea cud be tha too!!
__________________
Fresh Breath Productions©;
http://www.soundclick.com/freshbreathproductions
Send Us An E-Mail If You Like Our Beats An Wanna Buy Any Or Wanna Start A Project!!!
freshbreathproductions@yahoo.com
Fresh Breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Copyright ©2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one