news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 04-09-2007, 09:41 AM   #1
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS
Default Indie Music Thread

Pavement is a great band. I just really got into them, Wowee Zowee is one of the craziest records, if you listen to it on headphones it is better . there are alot of things going on there. There first record Slanted and Enchanted is a classic mainly condidered their best work. The last album Terror Twilight was also a very good record. their most famous lp, Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain from 94 had the minor hit "Cut Your Hair".

Another great band is Sonic Youth whove has always been a favorite. From their first records Confusion Is Sex, Bad Moon Rising, Evol they have steadily progressed into one of the finest, bands of any generation. Their peak was possibly when Steve Shelley (of the Crucifux) joined on drums for the excellent Evol. After this they tightened their sound on the indie classics Sister and Daydream Nation (maybe their best record overall). They were too big for indie labels and signed to Geffen for Goo. They have released a ton of material since on Geffen as well as SY Records.

Their two guitarists are excellent and they have always made good and at times beatifully mad music

Last edited by UNCLE RUCKUS; 04-09-2007 at 09:59 AM.
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
xHard to Earnx
ADEPT

xHard to Earnx grasshopper

I've been |-this-| fucking close to buying Slanted and Enchanted for a few years, but everytime I think "I have no idea what this sounds like" so I just ignore it.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you should get it you wont be dissapointed they are great
Old 04-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Hey Redd , Have you ever listened to Elliot Smith?
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
Frontal Lobotomy
Bonesetter

Frontal Lobotomy grasshopper

Sonic Youth rock

Chicks dig giant robots
Frontal Lobotomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

i love both of these bands....i miss the early nineties music scene..rock/ rap..alt...indie..all of it.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #7
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity tha God View Post
Hey Redd , Have you ever listened to Elliot Smith?
yeah man but not enough of him I liked what I heard though; also check out the first Sebadoh and Dinosaur Jr records
Old 04-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #8
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontal Lobotomy View Post
Sonic Youth rock
yeah maybe the best band in history, Evol and Daydream Nation are such materpiecess them and Fugazi are phenomenal
Old 04-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #9
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeyourdix View Post
Sonic Youth's best album is "Experimental Jet Set, Trash & No Star" with some of their best songs that are always overlooked for stuff off Daydream Nation/Evol/whatev. I personally think their offbeat stuff on Jet Set is more interesting to listen to than on any other album. More moody and itnrospective, I think.

Some of their stuff sounds too much loike adult contemporary soft rock sometimes.

So does Fugazi's stuff sometimes.
yeah I liked that cd alot too Washing Machine was great as well Their latest one Rather Ripped is very good
Old 04-14-2007, 08:51 AM   #10
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

Default More great bands

The Replacements- Bastards of Young (Great Minneapolis band)

Young Marble Giants- Collsal Youth (Welsh Post-Punk)

Big Black -Racer X (Steve Albini´s great hardcore outfit from Chicago)

Make-Up (great DC Dischord-label band)

Wipers- D7 (Legendary Oregon punk band covered by Nirvana)

Public Image Ltd.- Poptones
Old 04-17-2007, 08:04 AM   #11
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

Fugazi "Turnover" (from their classic, Repeater)

Shonen Knife "Riding on the Rocket"

Beat Happening-Hot Chocolate Boy

Sonic Youth Teenage Riot (classic)
Old 02-02-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms
Default Indie Music Thread

Kinda dont like branching music under that term, but it's the only word that i can think of really.

Animal collective are amazing, Merriweather post pavillion is a gold album, summertime clothes and my girls are personal favourites..

Beach House are cool, nice mellow chilled stuff, their new album teen dreams is great.

I love Mount Eerie, i don't know if you would class them as indie but there very different, i guess all these bands are indie anyway seen as they are all independant.

Just post all the cool independant music you come across....
Old 02-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #13
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I like Ganglians

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #14
JamSix
it's all gonna break

JamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken masta

I've always really meant to be the dude to post this thread, Animal Collective I find very hit or miss but the songs you did post were on point. I'll bombard the shit out of this thread tomorrow after some sleep.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #15
JamSix
it's all gonna break

JamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken mastaJamSix drunken masta

I guess I'll just post a variety of my favorites, if anybody wants to hear more from a certain band just ask, there will be more. I didn't check what videos allowed embedding or not, sorry.

The Rural Alberta Advantage -

Broken Social Scene (Easily my favorite band) -

Apostle of Hustle -

Beirut -

Best Coast -

Blind Pilot -

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah -

The Dears -

DeVotchka -

Fleet Foxes -

Grizzly Bear -

Modest Mouse -