news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 02-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #2446
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

How did those QB's fall of the face of the planet? Ok, maybe I'd agree with Dilfer, but he's still in the NFL. I'd have to disagree with Warner. He's gotten older, but he's still a good QB, and a starter. He could start on a bunch of teams in the NFL. Maybe people would hear of him more if he didn't play for the Cardinals, but they are an improving team.

Brad Johnson is older, but he could also start somewhere in the NFL. Maybe he could start on the Cowboys, but they have a soap opera type QB who's fans and teammates would rather blame losses on a girlfriend being at the games, then to fess up to getting outplayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:46 PM   #2447
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
trent dilfer and brad johnson won superbowls too. kurt warner went to two in 3 years and won one of them. where are these 3 quarterbacks now?

eli manning is a superbowl winning QB. that can never be taken away from him....until he falls off the face of the planet like the 3 QBs i mentioned.

the new york giants found lightning in bottle and carried it to a championship. it was no fluke, they beat 3 DAMN good teams to get there. but momentum is powerful drug(rick james).

we'll see how eli performs over the course of the next 5 years. everyone said the same things about tom brady when he beat the rams and he proved his greatness by conintuing to win.

enjoy
Well based on Eli's performance in the Superbowl, he is far ahead of those qbs you mentioned. What he did on that last drive was remarkable. To compare him to those you mentioned doesnt carry weight. He silenced all critics. Eli will do just fine in New York. I have a great deal of respect and confidence in him.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #2448
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
How did those QB's fall of the face of the planet? Ok, maybe I'd agree with Dilfer, but he's still in the NFL. I'd have to disagree with Warner. He's gotten older, but he's still a good QB, and a starter. He could start on a bunch of teams in the NFL. Maybe people would hear of him more if he didn't play for the Cardinals, but they are an improving team.

Brad Johnson is older, but he could also start somewhere in the NFL. Maybe he could start on the Cowboys, but they have a soap opera type QB who's fans and teammates would rather blame losses on a girlfriend being at the games, then to fess up to getting outplayed.
paalease, all three of those QBs are nowhere now. warner got a starting job for a team thats been one of the bottom-feeders of the league for years and he had to fight off a rookie to get it. if brad johnson and difler were good enough to start in the NFL they would be, BUT THEY'RE NOT. these are superbowl winning QBs that cant get a starting job. hell, trent dilfer lost his job after winning it all. and as far as them being older, that isnt stopping brett favre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Nebulus View Post
Well based on Eli's performance in the Superbowl, he is far ahead of those qbs you mentioned. What he did on that last drive was remarkable. To compare him to those you mentioned doesnt carry weight. He silenced all critics. Eli will do just fine in New York. I have a great deal of respect and confidence in him.
that game was 7 to 3 all the way to the 4th quarter. its not like he was moving up and down the field the whole game. the giants came out with a game plan to eat clock. they ran on first an second down and threw on third down. it was a good plan. they ate up half the first quarter with one drive.

the D line of the giants deserves that MVP as much as eli did. brady was CONSTANTLY under pressure while eli had a good pocket for most of the game. brady couldnt get the ball to moss because he just flat out didnt have enough time. if brady had the time that eli did the whole game he carves your defense up. defense still wins championships and it won this game.

philip rivers was able to complete many 3rd down conversions against the patriots as well. the difference is the chargers D line didnt get anywhere near as much pressure on brady as the giants thus brady was a lot more affective aginst their D.

still you have to give eli props. he stepped up in the 4th and lead two excellent drives to win. i think that pass on the last drive that put them in the red zone could've and should've been either picked or deflected but the reciever made a great play.

again, he's a superbowl champion. you cant take that away from him. but i dont wanna hear about him being a great quarterback or better than peyton until he can perform at a high level over the course of many years.he's taken a big step though.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Last edited by THE W; 02-06-2008 at 11:23 AM.
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #2449
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Theres nothing more annoying than New York winning something.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:07 PM   #2450
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
LOL.

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:40 PM   #2451
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Quote:
Nothing more annoying then some 34-year old faggot who still posts online.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #2452
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Quote:
paalease, all three of those QBs are nowhere now. warner got a starting job for a team thats been one of the bottom-feeders of the league for years and he had to fight off a rookie to get it. if brad johnson and difler were good enough to start in the NFL they would be, BUT THEY'RE NOT. these are superbowl winning QBs that cant get a starting job. hell, trent dilfer lost his job after winning it all. and as far as them being older, that isnt stopping brett favre.

that game was 7 to 3 all the way to the 4th quarter. its not like he was moving up and down the field the whole game. the giants came out with a game plan to eat clock. they ran on first an second down and threw on third down. it was a good plan. they ate up half the first quarter with one drive.

the D line of the giants deserves that MVP as much as eli did. brady was CONSTANTLY under pressure while eli had a good pocket for most of the game. brady couldnt get the ball to moss because he just flat out didnt have enough time. if brady had the time that eli did the whole game he carves your defense up. defense still wins championships and it won this game.

philip rivers was able to complete many 3rd down conversions against the patriots as well. the difference is the chargers D line didnt get anywhere near as much pressure on brady as the giants thus brady was a lot more affective aginst their D.

still you have to give eli props. he stepped up in the 4th and lead two excellent drives to win. i think that pass on the last drive that put them in the red zone could've and should've been either picked or deflected but the reciever made a great play.

again, he's a superbowl champion. you cant take that away from him. but i dont wanna hear about him being a great quarterback or better than peyton until he can perform at a high level over the course of many years.he's taken a big step though.
I totally respect your viewpoints but no one is saying he's better than Peyton. I'll tell you this though...Eli is off to a quicker start than his older brother.

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."
Old 02-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #2453
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Quote:
I guess you're going to hang yourself when we win more.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #2454
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

To Bad We Wouldnt Know How Annoying Cleveland Is When It Wins. Cleveland Always Loses.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #2455
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

It doesnt bother me that much, its just annoying cuz you always think its some great achievement but you always have some enormous payroll and all the advantages. Thats whats annoying.
If you knew anything about football in the Northeast you'd know that the Giants matched up perfectly against the Pats....I was saying this all along, I was calling it when Coughlin didnt rest his players the last game....
AND I said it all depended on how Eli played....and I was right.

So dont get ur panties in a knot.

I'll take lebron over anything you got.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #2456
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Yeah, but the QB that Warner was competing against was one of the top QB's to come out of college. Warner is still a real nice passer, and could start for just about any team in the league. The Cardinals are on their way up.

Like I said, Brad Johnson would be starting for the Cowboys if Romo wasn't there. Romo helps the Cowboys get publicity though, cause he's like the Lindsay Lohan of the NFL. And with T.O. on the team also, he's like the Britney Spears of the NFL, so it's like an Entertainment Tonight show.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #2457
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Nebulus View Post
I totally respect your viewpoints but no one is saying he's better than Peyton. I'll tell you this though...Eli is off to a quicker start than his older brother.
eli inherited a playoff ready team while peyton went into a rebuilding situation with the colts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Yeah, but the QB that Warner was competing against was one of the top QB's to come out of college. Warner is still a real nice passer, and could start for just about any team in the league. The Cardinals are on their way up.

Like I said, Brad Johnson would be starting for the Cowboys if Romo wasn't there. Romo helps the Cowboys get publicity though, cause he's like the Lindsay Lohan of the NFL. And with T.O. on the team also, he's like the Britney Spears of the NFL, so it's like an Entertainment Tonight show.
but kurt warner was in the superbowl twice. people were saying he was a shoe-in for the hall of fame at one point and he lost his job to a rookie in mark bulger who is decent but far from great. if brad johnson is good enough to start then he would be starting, especially right now when teams are hurting for quality QBs.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #2458
check two
N.I.

Well I would say that Mark Bulger is more than decent. lol He was injured this season with broken ribs, and his team sucks, but he's one of the top QB's in the game when he's healthy.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #2459
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Quote:
eli inherited a playoff ready team while peyton went into a rebuilding situation with the colts.
True but bottom line is it's 1-1. Eli more than got of the shadow of Peyton.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #2460
SWAMP WATER
Veteran Member

SWAMP WATER shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectis View Post
yeah your right they suck I mean what did they do besides beat the team who was 18-0 and win the super bowl and did it by winning all there playoff games on the road vs 4 teams everyone said was better
They got hot at the right time.They wont even make the playoffs next season.
SWAMP WATER is offline   Reply With Quote