news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 01-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #4441
sakk
Autarch

sakk crouching tigersakk crouching tiger

Im rooting for the ravens, chargers, and colts.

Playoff system needs to be revised.

Pats dont get in with 11 wins.

Colts visit chargers with 12 wins.

Atlanta goes on the road with more wins than Arizona.

My idea:Top 6 records from each conference get in. Home field goes to team with better record or tiebreaker.

I know this eliminates the value of a division championship. But we shouldn't eliminate the value of more wins.

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
rep·re·sent
To stand for; symbolize

Last edited by sakk; 01-01-2009 at 06:51 PM.
sakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #4442
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakk View Post
Im rooting for the ravens, chargers, and colts.

Playoff system needs to be revised.

Pats dont get in with 11 wins.

Colts visit chargers with 12 wins.

Atlanta goes on the road with more wins than Arizona.

My idea:Top 6 records from each conference get in. Home field goes to team with better record or tiebreaker.

I know this eliminates the value of a division championship. But we shouldn't eliminate the value of more wins.
they why have divisions? look, every once in a while, a shitty team is gonna sneak through like san diego from benefitting of having a horrible division, but you can't penalize a team if they have a tough division and have a worse recrod.

every sport in the world, sends their division winners to the playoffs. why should the nfl be any different? that's stupid.

also, with your logic, why have 6 teams from each conference? why not just have the top 12 teams from the nfl? it's the same thing. what if somebody in the nfc has a better record from the afc? why should they not make the playoffs? atleast be consistant with your arguements!

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #4443
sakk
Autarch

sakk crouching tigersakk crouching tiger

I think there needs to be some revision. Maybe division winners should not be guaranteed home playoff games. Indy should not be going on the road to play an 8-8 team.

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
rep·re·sent
To stand for; symbolize
sakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #4444
baby jesus
Veteran Member

baby jesus crouching tigerbaby jesus crouching tiger

Indy Over San Diego
Philly Over Vikings
Ravens Over Dolphins
And In The Toughest Matchup To Call Arizona Over Falcons Although I Can See Atlanta Running All Over The Cardinals

Giants Sitting Back Getting Ready For The Eagles, Cardinals, Or Falcons All I Know Is The Giants Will Be Ready To Go After Some Much Needed Rest, A Bye In Week 3 And Their Last 8 Or 9 Were Against .500 Plus Teams They Started To Get Rundown A Little Bit.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #4445
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

San Diego over Indy (the risk pick but Peyton doesn't have a very good history against the Chargers and being a Texan fan I'm on some fuckdacolts shit)

Vikings over Philly (have the Eagles put two great games together all year? I can't remember. Tavaris Jackson could end up throwing the game away but I think the time on the sideline has done atleast a little bit of good and I have a feeling AP is gonna go fuckin crazy in this game-if he doesn't and the Eagle hold him below 120 then I think the Eagles manage to pull out a win--my gut says he gets a good deal more than that)

Ravens over Dolphins----Just too much D for the Dolphins to overcome. The only hope for the Dolphins is that they've got a good run D (maybe better than people realize) and maybe Flacco plays start playin rookie-like (Matt Ryan has gotten alot of shine but Flacco has also had a very good first year for a QB and the Ravens haven't been as predicitable in their game-calling as they have been in the last couple years) If Flacco stays poised the Ravens move on.

Atlanta over Arizona---I think Matt Ryan stays cool under pressure and Turner running is what really wins the game for them. The Cardinals looked bad over the last couple of games in the season. Maybe they felt like they had nothing to play for but I never trust a team that looks like shit for a straight month before the playoffs. They got one of if not THE best WR duo in Boldin and Fitzgerald & I can definitely see them winning a shootout if the momentum of the game carries out like that but the Cardinals I think are taking an early exist.

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #4446
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

From Super Bowl star to loser:

NEW YORK (AP)—Former New York Giant Mark Ingram was arrested in Michigan, nearly a month after he disappeared on the day he was scheduled to begin serving a prison sentence for bank fraud and money laundering.

U.S. marshals tracked the retired wide receiver to a hotel room in Flint, Mich., after a manhunt that began when he failed to turn up at a federal prison in Kentucky on Dec. 5.

A spokesman for the Marshals Service in New York, Timothy Hogan, said Ingram was arrested Friday without incident. The hotel wasn’t far from Ingram’s home in Grand Blanc, Mich.

Ingram, who has been in and out of jail since his playing career ended in 1996, pleaded guilty in 2005 to cashing counterfeit checks and laundering money he believed to be proceeds from narcotics deals.

Before his flight, the 1991 Super Bowl standout had sought to delay the start of his nearly eight-year prison term so he could watch his son’s freshman season as a running back at the University of Alabama.

His arrest came just before the start of his son’s biggest game: A Sugar Bowl matchup against Utah, which Alabama lost 31-17.

Marshals also had been looking for Ingram in New Orleans, where the game was played, Hogan said.

Ingram’s attorney, Raymond Colon, did not immediately return phone and e-mail messages on Saturday.

Ingram spent six seasons with the Giants. He also played for Miami, Green Bay and Philadelphia in his 10-year career.

He is scheduled to appear in a federal court in Michigan on Monday. Ingram will travel to New York, where he was prosecuted, to face charges related to his flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I know black men want sex often and when they don't get it when they want it, they'll find a woman who will give them sex. Sex is the reason why most black couples don't stay together long.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #4447
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The cards are all over the falcons

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #4448
portis24
NFL MVP

portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)portis24 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Minnesota not being able to sell out a home playoff game is crazy they have to have the worst fans in the league
portis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #4449
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

in a few years when they are the LA Vikings the state better not be crying

Old 01-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #4450
hectis
Vic

in a few years when they are the LA Vikings the state better not be crying

Old 01-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #4451
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakk View Post
I think there needs to be some revision. Maybe division winners should not be guaranteed home playoff games. Indy should not be going on the road to play an 8-8 team.

i shall not respect a person's opinion on playoff changes when his team has only won 2 playoff games in 42 years.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #4452
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post

also, with your logic, why have 6 teams from each conference? why not just have the top 12 teams from the nfl? it's the same thing. what if somebody in the nfc has a better record from the afc? why should they not make the playoffs? atleast be consistant with your arguements!
they could do that but they want to have the best team from the NFC and the AFC play in the superbowl. so an AFC team having a better record than an NFC team is irrelevant.

a crappy team should never sneak in over a team with a better record and it can easily be fixed for that to never happen.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #4453
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedigital36 View Post
they could do that but they want to have the best team from the NFC and the AFC play in the superbowl. so an AFC team having a better record than an NFC team is irrelevant.

a crappy team should never sneak in over a team with a better record and it can easily be fixed for that to never happen.

i understand you don't want a bad team in the playoffs, but i don't understand your logic of going about it.

you say they (whoever that is) want to have the best team from each conference play in the superbowl. well those same people also want the best team from each division in the playoffs. san diego happened to be the best team from their division.

and i will listen to your arguement if you can name one other sport that does not automatically award all division winners with a playoff birth. until you can do that, i will disagree with any rule changes.

in 2005 the padres made the mlb playoffs with an 82-80 record. that same year, the indians missed the playoffs with a 93-69 record.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #4454
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Damn Colts, they could not stop that little nigga #43.......... Well tomorrow.......... E.A.G.L.E.S. EAGLES!!!!!!!!
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #4455
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
i understand you don't want a bad team in the playoffs, but i don't understand your logic of going about it.

you say they (whoever that is) want to have the best team from each conference play in the superbowl. well those same people also want the best team from each division in the playoffs. san diego happened to be the best team from their division.

and i will listen to your arguement if you can name one other sport that does not automatically award all division winners with a playoff birth. until you can do that, i will disagree with any rule changes.

in 2005 the padres made the mlb playoffs with an 82-80 record. that same year, the indians missed the playoffs with a 93-69 record.
a 8-8 team got a playoff spot over an 11-5 team.

dont know how it is where you're from but where im at 11-5 > 8-8.

you earn a playoff spot based on your win percentage and the chargers getting over the pats spits in the face of that. you win 11 games and a team that only won 8 got a spot because their division sucked. not because they had a better season but because the other teams in their division didnt win a lot of games.

its a flaw that can easily be fixed, unless you're enamoured with traditionalism.

every other league has the same system??...thats not even an argument. thats like your parents telling you that smoking crack is bad and you respond saying "well everyone else is doing it".
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote