news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 05-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #5491
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
i think your going to get both.. Thats been Favre his whole career. Its probably why he has only won 1 super bowl.

that's 1 more super bowl victory than Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Charlie Frye, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Garcia, Kelly Holcomb, Tim Couch, Vinny Testaverde, Mike Tomczak and Bernie Kosar have won as the brown's qb.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #5492
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

but much less than Otto Graham and Frank Ryan did.

Also less than Elway, Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman, Brady, even Roethlessturder..

bottom line...Brett Favre isn't a top 5 all time QB...maybe not even top 10.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #5493
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

top 5 quarterbacks, after #1, in no particular order...

1. dan marino
warren moon
peyton manning
brett favre
john elway

Old 05-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #5494
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Quote:
but much less than Otto Graham and Frank Ryan did.

Also less than Elway, Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman, Brady, even Roethlessturder..

bottom line...Brett Favre isn't a top 5 all time QB...maybe not even top 10.

elway didn't win his first super bowl until he was 37. he was 38 when he won his second. had he retired 2 years earlier brett favre would have 1 more super bowl victory than elway. favre is 39 now. he is about the same age that elway was when he won his 2nd super bowl.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #5495
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
top 5 quarterbacks, after #1, in no particular order...

1. dan marino
warren moon
peyton manning
brett favre
john elway
your on fucking glue with this list.

Favre is not better than Elway.

Steve Young was better than Favre. Tom Brady is better than Favre. If it wasn't for Favres ironman streak he wouldn't even be mentioned.

I can't stand Brett Favre.....I hate the fake 'oh im gonna be happy cuttin mah grass' schtick he puts every year.

RETIRE already, you have wasted enough sportcenter highlight time. You are going to go to the Vikings and blow it for them in the playoffs because your careless with the football and make stupid impossible throws.

He has been doing that his whole career. He needed Desmond Howard (VASJ Cleveland product) to win that super bowl for him.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #5496
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

ok toochski, i'm gonna use your theory. if brett favre is no good because he only won 1 championship in his career and it was because of desmond howard, then i'm gonna say you're not a good source for sports knowledge because in your lifetime, you have never seen one of your teams win a superbowl, nba or world series championship.

so unless lebron wins it this year, you are no longer allowed to post in the sports forum. and then, only in the nba thread.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #5497
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

no, thats not my theory.

My theory is that Favre only won 1 super bowl because he blew it for them all of the other opportunities they had, which was alot.
I just think he is overrated as a QB when compared to other great QB's.

And i've seen a championship beeotch....2002 Ohio State Buckeyes.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #5498
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Quote:

And i've seen a championship beeotch....2002 Ohio State Buckeyes.

i might live closer to ohio st. than you do. they are more my team than yours.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #5499
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

You are not part of the midwest, hence NO.

In other news, this will be the year Mangenius assrapes the stillers.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #5500
Compulsion
Veteran Member

Compulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurupt_kw View Post
I was a little disappointed they didn't pick up Crabtree at 8 but first round recievers never work out for the Jags. Without adding to the offensive line he wouldn't have any time to get open before Garrard has to get rid of the ball anyway. At least they have Holt to open up the field for the other guys. Also, Munroe could be a fixture at a premium position for a lot of years so I'm not complaining.
I still can't believe what a fuck up Reggie Williams turned in to. He was sick up here at University of Washington.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:34 AM   #5501
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Quote:
You are not part of the midwest, hence NO.

In other news, this will be the year Mangenius assrapes the stillers.

that's ok, paterno is trying to convince the big 10 to add Pitt. wait until pitt dominates ohio st. and the rest of that overhyped conference.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #5502
Come Honor Face
Veteran Member

Come Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkey

Quote:
i might live closer to ohio st. than you do. they are more my team than yours.
Just like a Pitt fan! Claim The Buckeyes, cuz Pitt suck platypus taint!! LOL!
Come Honor Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:40 AM   #5503
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

hey umbro crusadah, i'll speak your west virginia venacular so you can understand me.

Howdy, fella. i reckon you aren't talking about the same Pitt Panthers who beat up on your Mountaineers the past 2 years. Now I was happier than a coon dog on a bare leg when we knocked you guys out of the championship game 2 years ago. let me learn ya what happened. we cracked open our very best moonshine and puffed on that corn cob pipe until the sun came up over our trailer. YEEEHAWWW

Old 05-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #5504
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Quote:
that's ok, paterno is trying to convince the big 10 to add Pitt. wait until pitt dominates ohio st. and the rest of that overhyped conference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embryonic Crusadah View Post
Just like a Pitt fan! Claim The Buckeyes, cuz Pitt suck platypus taint!! LOL!

Neither Pitt nor Paterno could get Pryor to stay in his home state. The Buckeyes will continue to dominate the conference and will soon add some National Championships...We already have 1, and have been there 3 times during Tressel's tenure.

The Greatness will shine through. Tress is recruiting more athletes and we added alot more speed.

I'm flattered that Art would claim the Buckeyes tho. 76-0.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #5505
Compulsion
Veteran Member

Compulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venoms

Quote:
Neither Pitt nor Paterno could get Pryor to stay in his home state. The Buckeyes will continue to dominate the conference and will soon add some National Championships...We already have 1, and have been there 3 times during Tressel's tenure.

The Greatness will shine through. Tress is recruiting more athletes and we added alot more speed.

I'm flattered that Art would claim the Buckeyes tho. 76-0.

No one wants to see tOSU get blown out AGAIN in the NC game....