news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 01-30-2011, 03:07 AM   #8836
The XZA

The XZA crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZAjector View Post
on a serious level though, the texans need to fire gary kubiak right fucking now, or at least demote him, and then throw a shit-ton of cash at fisher. how fuckin ill would that be if he went to the former city of the titans and got to play them twice a fucking year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, they probably should have canned Kubiak. Not to say he's a terrible coach; there are plenty of worse ones out there. Kubiak can sure as hell put together talent through the draft and such too. But when Bill Cowher said he'd coach the Texans, I was ready for Kubiak to be let go right then and there. Fisher is a damn good coach, but I'd take Cowher over Fisher, especially with the defense that the Texans have slowly put together.
The XZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:15 AM   #8837
The XZA

The XZA crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraka Bombah View Post
After 8 games this season, Vince Young had the highest QB rating in the NFL this season. That is not debatable. It is a fact. Over the last 2 years the Titans are 12-4 with Vince, and 2-14 without him, and he got Fisher fired? Lol @ you getting all emo and calling me names! Whether Vince Young ever wins a super bowl or not he WAS the highest rated QB in the league halfway through this past season, and Jeff Fisher got himself fired. I'm an idot?
He's totally right; Vince Young did have the highest passer rating. I know there's a lot of arguments against VY, but the reality is that on the field, he's more than half-decent. Just because he's an emotional bitch off the field doesn't mean he's not a good QB, and that's the problem Fisher had. He would rather view VY for his off-field issues than for his on-field performance. There's QBs better than VY, but I'd take him over probably any QB that isn't on the upper-tier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
Quarterbacks with higher career passer rating than vince young.

Shaun Hill
Neil Lomax
Damon Huard
Kyle Orton
Chris Chandler
Bert Jones (who?)
Jay Fiedler
Stan Humphries
Throwin this out there, I'm sick of Kyle Orton getting bashed; that guy played for Chicago for fuck's sake. Of course he wasn't gonna be a motherfucking hero there, not throwing to the people he was throwin to. And he turned Brandon Marshall into one of the best receivers in the league this year, if not considered the best, statistically. He's a lot better than people give him credit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle? View Post
qb rating or mvp's have nothing to do w/it.its all about the ring @ the end of the season.
Yeah, it is all about the ring. But the point is, Vince did a good job at his position this year. You can't try to argue that Tom Brady's 2007 season was nothing just cause he didn't finish with a ring. He set a bunch of records that year and went 16-0. Success is surely measured in Lombardis, but not strictly. If records didn't matter we wouldn't care so damn much about them. Plus the media wouldn't have made such a big deal about Favre not getting to 300.
The XZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #8838
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XZA View Post
He's totally right; Vince Young did have the highest passer rating. I know there's a lot of arguments against VY, but the reality is that on the field, he's more than half-decent. Just because he's an emotional bitch off the field doesn't mean he's not a good QB, and that's the problem Fisher had. He would rather view VY for his off-field issues than for his on-field performance. There's QBs better than VY, but I'd take him over probably any QB that isn't on the upper-tier.
Don't even try to talk sense into Tooch. If we actually dug up the stat that showed that Young led the NFL in QB rating, he just wouldn't comment on it. He will run off at the mouth about how ridiculous it is for me to say that, and call me a "fucking idiot" and then when he's proven wrong he'll ignore it and talk about Super Bowls. The guy actually claims VY got Fisher fired!!!! It has been proven beyond any doubt that Jeff Fisher would rather play Collins and lose than play Young and win, and the Titans are wrong for firing him? Lol! I guess the Titans are stupid for wanting to win. some of it is probably the fact that he is in fact the idiot, and then you have the fact that he's a Browns fan to screw up his football logic further.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #8839
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Browns fans are actually some of the most passionate fans in the WORLD. Do you even know about "The Ohio League"? VY has a lot to prove and the bottom line is -- THE BOOK AIN'T CLOSE ON VINCE YET. If he retires next year; HE'LL BE A FOOTNOTE AT BEST.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #8840
GZAjector
FIRE CROTCH YAKUBIAN WARRIOR

GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i'd take vince young over mcnabb in a heartbeat. actually i would take him over every single redskins qb since mark rypien. but that's not to say that he's even that good, although in his own mind he is a future hall of famer.

he must of meant college hall of fame.

Rob vs Bob
GZAjector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #8841
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

That's not saying much. Because Rypien WAS your last good QB. And you would take Vince now over McNabb present or Vince now over McNabb past, present, future? To me McNabb has had ten times the career... and in his prime? Shit I'd take McNabb ten times outta ten over Young.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #8842
GZAjector

GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i mean right now of course.

but all of mcribs best days as an eagle mean nothing to me because i hated his guts then. i gave him the benefit of the doubt when he became a redskin, but i still hate him. just like when jeff hostetler became a redskin, sorry ass moustache.

i hope they draft a qb who isn't cam newton

Rob vs Bob
Old 01-30-2011, 04:26 PM   #8843
battle?
n.i.

battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XZA View Post

Yeah, it is all about the ring. But the point is, Vince did a good job at his position this year. You can't try to argue that Tom Brady's 2007 season was nothing just cause he didn't finish with a ring. He set a bunch of records that year and went 16-0. Success is surely measured in Lombardis, but not strictly. If records didn't matter we wouldn't care so damn much about them. Plus the media wouldn't have made such a big deal about Favre not getting to 300.

no i can argue tom bradys season was nothing because he didnt finish.
we did rise a 16-0 banner @ foxboro that i was @ , but not having the trophy there means nothing
an being a patriot fan i can tell u stats meen nothing an it is all about the bling!!
people that r pats fans talk about the blings way more than the stats..

battle? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #8844
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Hahah Jeff Hostetler. JEA!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #8845
battle?
n.i.

battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

42-0 4:32 left in the 2nd..wtf

Old 01-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #8846
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

hahahahaa this just a preview of next sunday for the packers
Old 01-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #8847
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
It was the 94 chargers. Watched that dickhead throw that td pass to alfred popunu at 3 rivers. Worst loss I've ever witnessed
I remember he used to pretend the football was a coconut.

Baraka....I'm just hitting you with the cold hard truth. If the goal is a Super Bowl, than I personally dont think Vince Young can take them there.

As QB you cannot be immature. You have to be a leader, not a hot head, you gotta be able to THROW the football accurately, read defenses, etc. Clutchness.

Look at the two QBs in the super bowl.....look at the past 10 QBs to win a super bowl. They all have these qualities in common and Young really has none of them.

As a Browns fan I know about busts at QB.....We had a bunch of people clinging to what Tim Couch coulda been, blah blah blah..

fact of the matter is, he sucked. Yes, Young is better than couch but what does that say?

not much.

Is Young better than Kerry Collins? Probably. Is Kerry Collins a great QB? NO.

Vince Young isn't the answer and Jeff Fisher wasn't the problem.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #8848
battle?
n.i.

this vince young discussion should not be re-visited for some time

Old 01-31-2011, 12:36 AM   #8849
Compulsion
Veteran Member

Compulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venomsCompulsion five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle? View Post
people that r pats fans talk about the blings way more than the stats..
Every single sports fan talks about whatever makes their team look the best.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:31 AM   #8850
GZAjector

and what makes the seahawks look best

Rob vs Bob

Last edited by GZAjector; 01-31-2011 at 07:33 AM.