news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 01-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #8851
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyTouch View Post
I remember he used to pretend the football was a coconut.

Baraka....I'm just hitting you with the cold hard truth. If the goal is a Super Bowl, than I personally dont think Vince Young can take them there.

As QB you cannot be immature. You have to be a leader, not a hot head, you gotta be able to THROW the football accurately, read defenses, etc. Clutchness.

Look at the two QBs in the super bowl.....look at the past 10 QBs to win a super bowl. They all have these qualities in common and Young really has none of them.

As a Browns fan I know about busts at QB.....We had a bunch of people clinging to what Tim Couch coulda been, blah blah blah..

fact of the matter is, he sucked. Yes, Young is better than couch but what does that say?

not much.

Is Young better than Kerry Collins? Probably. Is Kerry Collins a great QB? NO.

Vince Young isn't the answer and Jeff Fisher wasn't the problem.
Enough with Vince Young. He's gonna be gone anyway. How can you say Fisher wasn't the problem? He would rather lose games and one player off of the field, than win them with him on the field over personal issues. I can't really see how anyone could argue against that fact. Now that we've established that, you don't think a coach caring more about being right about a particular player not being the guy, than winning football games is a problem? I know Jeff Fisher is a good coach, but he let his own personal issues with being forced to draft Young against his wishes affect the team in a horrible way. Fisher didn't deserve all of the blame for the problems between him and Young, but he's the coach, and he was VERY unprofessional about it from day one. He knew Young was emotionally fragile, and he played on it, and it finally worked. Unfortunately for him (Fisher) he had screwed the team up so badly in the process, he got himself fired. You disagree? i honestly believe that if VY had a coach who supported him from day one, we wouldn't have seen the emotional outbursts from him. i'm not saying VY is the best QB in the league, but he was far better than Fisher ever thought he would be, and Fisher was too stubborn to admit it, and deal with it like a coach should.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #8852
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compulsion View Post
Every single sports fan talks about whatever makes their team look the best.
Ok.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #8853
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Fisher is smart. He knew Vince Young was never going to be a great QB. From day 1. Emotionally fragile?

LOL those are the guys you want to pay millions for and lead your team right?

Since you're teh stat man, show me the combined winning percentage of the teams Young beat during that 14-2 stretch you always talk about.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:49 AM   #8854
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

It was 12-4, and I don't care to go look it up, and it doesn't matter when the team was 2-14 without him. The point I'm making is that Fisher cared more about being right about Young than winning. Which is completely unacceptable. No? Yes, VY is emotionally fragile. You haven't noticed?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #8855
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Green Bay fans, beware...

Tickers at risk for fans of team losing the Super Bowl

By Chris Ramirez, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, January 31, 2011

Doctors and football fans know heart-stopping moments are part of any Super Bowl.

Now, a study by a California cardiologist found that death rates associated with heart problems climb in a city immediately after the home team loses a Super Bowl.

"Stressful games for some people elicit an emotional response that can trigger a cardiac event," said Dr. Robert Kloner, professor at Good Samaritan Hospital and the Keck School of Medicine at University of Southern California in Los Angeles. "That clearly happens when rabid fans who have deep emotional ties to their team get excited."

Kloner collected Los Angeles County death-certificate data for the two weeks after the Steelers defeated the L.A. Rams in Super Bowl XIV and the two weeks after the L.A. Raiders beat the Washington Redskins in 1984. He compared it to mid-January death rates for years Los Angeles teams weren't in the Super Bowl.

His findings, published today in the journal Clinical Cardiology, found a 15 percent increase in circulatory system-related deaths in men and a 27 percent increase among women, associated with Super Bowl loss. Among older patients, the increase associated with Super Bowl loss was 22 percent.

The Steelers will go for their NFL-record seventh Lombardi Trophy on Sunday against the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl XLV in Arlington, Texas.

Doctors advise Steelers fans watching the game on TV: If you feel chest pain, don't wait for the game to end.

"When the Steelers are playing in the Super Bowl, everything stops. ...You don't even get people coming into the ER," said Dr. George Gabriel, a cardiologist at Allegheny General Hospital. "It's almost as if it's OK to die, as long as you see the game from start to finish."

Dr. John Schindler, an assistant professor of medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's Cardiovascular Institute, was on duty during the Steelers' Super Bowl appearances in 2006 and 2009.

He treated a man in his 50s who collapsed from cardiac arrest while watching the Steelers' divisional playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts. The man survived but told Schindler the last thing he remembered before blacking out was Steelers running back Jerome Bettis' infamous fourth-quarter fumble at the Colts' 2-yard line.

Colts Cornerback Nick Harper recovered the ball and was tackled at midfield by quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. The Steelers won the game on their way to their Super Bowl XL victory in Detroit.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:28 PM   #8856
Meta4
Poet Of The Streets

Meta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal son

We fired Flacco's coach Jim Zorn, thank god. I never wanted him involved with us in any way, was pissed as fuck when I heard he was with us especially as Flacco's coach. Even tho Flacco had a great year a better mentor could mean a Super Bowl ring year ya smell me.
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:55 PM   #8857
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

Flacco is just scared. He can't handle the big games. and the steelers expose him everytime they play the ravens The coach won't matter
Old 01-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #8858
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

flacco is just not that good. I never understood why they anointed him so quickly. His accuracy is suspect, as is his whole game.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #8859
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

TROY P DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #8860
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i wish clay mathews would have won it. now he's going to play over his head trying to prove the voters wrong

Old 02-01-2011, 12:56 AM   #8861
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Don't think either of them would have needed any extra motivation. This is gonna be a great Superbowl. Great matchups on both side of the ball, if I had to guess then I think the experience of being there before might swing things the Steelers way ever so slightly but I expect a close game with a dramatic finish one way or the other.

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:48 AM   #8862
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

I'm nervous about this game. There is no reason that the steelers should be under dogs. Better team, #2 seed and they have super bowl experience.

I think the fix is in. Everybody will be taking the steelers and the points and it will be fixed for the packers and the bookies to win.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:34 AM   #8863
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
I'm nervous about this game. There is no reason that the steelers should be under dogs. Better team, #2 seed and they have super bowl experience.

I think the fix is in. Everybody will be taking the steelers and the points and it will be fixed for the packers and the bookies to win.
Who was favored in the Seahawks-Steelers Superbowl? The officiating in that game was fucking terrible idk any other way that a football game could be fixed than the officials.

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #8864
GZAjector
Yung Santa

GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GZAjector Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Old 02-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #8865
Meta4
Poet Of The Streets

Meta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
Flacco is just scared. He can't handle the big games. and the steelers expose him everytime they play the ravens The coach won't matter
wrong. the offense can't handle the big games. Flacco in his 3 YEARS has played better than A LOT of other qb's do in their first DECADE. Flacco WILL start dominating shit, just watch.
Meta4 is offline   Reply With Quote