news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #8971
Queen Of Poetry
Veteran Member

Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
--Bernard Hopkins: McNabb isnít tough enough or black enough

Donovan McNabb probably didn't wake up thinking he'd get blindsided in the media Wednesday with possibly the most vicious comments he's ever heard.

And there probably also weren't a lot of people that anticipated Bernard Hopkins, just days before one of the biggest fights in his storied boxing career, ruthlessly laying into McNabb.

That's exactly what happened, though. Hopkins, a Philadelphia guy and avid Eagles fan, invited the press to a workout Tuesday. He was asked about Michael Vick(notes) playing for his hometown Eagles, and Hopkins went off on McNabb in a brutal, racial way. Here's a snippet from Marcus Hayes at Philly.com:

According to Hopkins, McNabb had a privileged childhood in suburban Chicago and, as a result, is not black enough or tough enough, at least compared with, say, himself, Michael Vick and Terrell Owens(notes).

"Forget this," Hopkins said, pointing to his own dark skin. "He's got a suntan. That's all."

Hopkins also implied that, while Vick and Owens remained true to their roots, McNabb did not, and that McNabb was rudely awakened when the Eagles traded him to the Redskins last year.

"Why do you think McNabb felt he was betrayed? Because McNabb is the guy in the house, while everybody else is on the field. He's the one who got the extra coat. The extra servings. 'You're our boy,' " Hopkins said, patting a reporter on the back in illustration. "He thought he was one of them."

For more context on the "house vs. field" thing Hopkins is talking about, you can peruse this Wikipedia entry (strong language present there) or read the original quote from Malcolm X.

It's not the first time Bernard Hopkins has ripped into McNabb, either. He did it back in 2007 when he said McNabb didn't have Jeff Garcia's heart, and again in 2008, when he said McNabb wouldn't sacrifice to win and had no killer instinct. Last year, he said he was going to have a party celebrating McNabb leaving Philadelphia.

Some people believe this all stems from an incident where Hopkins showed up to an Eagles team function and McNabb snubbed him.

Nothing that's happened between the two in the past comes close to Hopkins' most recent comments, though. Those cross entirely different lines.

Through his publicist, McNabb already said about the only thing he could say -- that he won't have any response to Hopkins' comments.
Wow....is this guy serious???? He grew up in the burbs so he's not tough enough or black enough? WTF! How does geography play in whether a person is black enough?????

Vick kills dogs and this dude praises him....Vick's tough? Tough guys kill dogs?

Owens? Negro please........Owens is tough?????

Lawd have mercy

Queen Of Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #8972
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

^^
So you wouldn't go for Hopkins then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #8973
Queen Of Poetry
Veteran Member

Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

LOL

Maybe to get my bills paid a minute, stack some cash......he is only good for one thing.

Use and walk away.

Dumb ass negro

Old 06-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #8974
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

--ThePostGame Exclusive: NFL Fullback Heath Evans Says He Uses Controversial SWATS Spray

-http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201106/thepostgame-exclusive-nfl-fullback-heath-evans-says-he-uses-controversial-swats-spra

Quote:
Old 06-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #8975
check two
N.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Of Poetry View Post
LOL

Maybe to get my bills paid a minute, stack some cash......he is only good for one thing.

Use and walk away.

Dumb ass negro

Quote:
Old 06-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #8976
battle?
n.i.

battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)battle? Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

battle? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #8977
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Of Poetry View Post
Wow....is this guy serious???? He grew up in the burbs so he's not tough enough or black enough? WTF! How does geography play in whether a person is black enough?????

Vick kills dogs and this dude praises him....Vick's tough? Tough guys kill dogs?

Owens? Negro please........Owens is tough?????

Lawd have mercy
b-hop was just gettin some publicity for his fight, he always does this kinda shit
Old 07-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #8978
Queen Of Poetry
Veteran Member

LOL @ check......

Old 07-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #8979
check two
N.I.

lol @ sending a marriage proposal through the mail?

--Roy Williams wants to get back the ring he mailed to girlfriend

Dallas Cowboys receiver Roy Williams is going to court to get back the $76,000 engagement ring he gave to a former beauty pageant winner.

In February, Williams proposed to his girlfriend, Brooke Daniels. When she turned him down, Daniels didn't return the ring. According to Williams' affidavit that was filed in a Texas court last week, he asked for the ring back but was told by Daniels that she had lost it. An insurance investigation later revealed that Daniels' father was in possession of the ring.

Michael Daniels told the Odessa American that his daughter will return the ring to avoid the lawsuit even though he says he has documentation saying Williams told her to keep it.

Pretty standard stuff, right? Minus the price tag, this is a dispute that probably happens every day in the United States. Except it's not because most people don't propose the way Roy Williams did.

From the Odessa American:

Williams has declined to comment for the story, but in an affidavit signed by Williams, he claims he sent $5,000 for school and dental bills, a baseball for Daniels' brother and ó as a surprise ó a recorded marriage proposal with the ring through the mail just before Valentine's Day to Daniels. However, when Daniels declined the proposal, she did not return the ring.

He recorded a marriage proposal and then sent the ring through the mail? Unless you're a soldier stationed overseas, that's just about the lamest thing I've ever heard. If you proposed through the mail, wouldn't you not want other people to hear that? I'd consider eating the $76,000 just so I didn't have to tell anyone.

It's a shame Daniels is giving the ring back and avoiding trial because we may have learned the specifics of how Williams went about this process. Was it a video proposal? Did he record it in song form? And how did she reject him, with a return receipt?

Quote:
Old 07-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #8980
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^I was about to post this...

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #8981
Queen Of Poetry
Veteran Member

LOL @ Roy Williams.....come on son!

That girl said "what ring?"

LMAO!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:35 AM   #8982
check two
N.I.

Quote:
Old 07-14-2011, 01:39 AM   #8983
check two
N.I.

Is this dude on the Steelers a lunatic? lol

So deep is the linebacker's loathing for the league's commissioner that he says he'd ignore the tenets of fire prevention if he encountered an enflamed Goodell.

"If that man was on fire and I had to [urinate] to put him out, I wouldn't do it," Harrison told Men's Journal. "I hate him and will never respect him."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp3319

Quote:
Old 07-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #8984
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

My favorite Harrison quote is still this.

"This is how I feel -- if you want to see the Pittsburgh Steelers, invite us when we don't win the Super Bowl. As far as I'm concerned, he would've invited Arizona to the white house if they had won."

I'm surprised Harrison didn't turn down his Super Bowl ring because they would have just given them to Arizona if they won.

lol @ him calling out Ben and Mendenhall when he had 1 garbage time tackle in the game, and got owned all night long by Chad Clifton.

I can remember a time not long ago when the Steelers would never have put up with this guys crap.

What an incredibly stupid ass nigga!!!

Last edited by RUSHING PLATYPUS; 07-14-2011 at 09:24 AM.
RUSHING PLATYPUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:14 AM   #8985
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

After capping a stellar season with a subpar performance in Super Bowl XLV, it’s understandable if James Harrison and the rest of the Pittsburgh Steelers are less-than-happy about the way the 2010 season ended.

But after James Harrison’s comments to Men’s Journal, it’s tough to imagine the mood will be any lighter when Steelers training camp opens this summer. Speaking of teammate Ben Roethlisberger's play in Super Bowl XLV, Harrison said:

"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like
Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does."

It’s doubtful that the fact that Roethlisberger’s second interception of the game came on a play that started on the Packers 49-yard line, technically “their side of the field” will make Harrison reconsider his comments.

Ben Roethlisberger
In Own Territory Last Season
Rank
Comp pct 72.1 3rd
Yds per att 10.3 1st
Passer rtg 103.7 1st
Int 3 T-3rd
>>min. 100 att

But Big Ben’s unparalleled ability to lead the Steelers out of their own territory in the regular season should.

In 2010, Roethlisberger not only didn’t ask the Steelers defense to bail him out frequently, he was arguably the best quarterback in the league at helping his team reverse field position when backed up against its own goal line.

Roethlisberger completed 147 of 204 passes for 2,094 yards with three TDs and three interceptions in his own territory last season. His 103.7 passer rating here is even more impressive when one considers the difficulty in throwing touchdowns on plays that originate at least 51 yards from the end zone.

Of the 33 quarterbacks who threw at least 100 passes in their own territory last regular season, none had a better passer rating on those attempts than Roethlisberger, and his 10 yards per attempt on these passes was also best in the NFL.

Just three of Roethlisberger’s 204 passes from his own end were intercepted last season, an interception percentage of 1.47 percent. Only three of the 33 QBs mentioned above had a lower interception of percentage in their own territory – Josh Freeman, Tom Brady and Alex Smith.

In Own Territory Last Season
Roethlisberger Manning
Comp pct 72.1 68.5
Yds per att 10.3 7.1
Passer rtg 103.7 78.4
Int 3 12<<
>>T-4th most in NFL

Harrison also made the comment that Roethlisberger is trying to emulate Peyton Manning with his play in his own territory. In fact, he’s been much better than the Indianapolis Colts future Hall-of-Famer in such situations.

Twelve of Manning’s 17 interceptions last season came on the Colts side of the field, more than all but three other NFL quarterbacks. And Manning’s passer rating in his own territory was 78.4, a full 25 points behind Big Ben’s.

The stats show that Roethlisberger has been a better quarterback than Manning in his own territory. If Harrison is tired of his defense being asked to bail out the Steelers offense time and time again, he should be thankful that Ben is no Peyton. He’s only paid like him.