news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat > SID ROW

Old 05-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
Johnny 6-feet
Storyteller

Johnny 6-feet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to Johnny 6-feet
Default Acting black/Acting white

I've just seen a couple of threads in the lounge which have addressed this type of behaviour today and i'm curious to know what the members of this board think about it.

You see, i was under the impression (the mistaken impression it seems) that human beings were individuals who were capable of making their own choices about what they did with their lives. For example, a white person rapping/playing basketball/breakdancing is exercising his/her freedom of choice to take an interest in that music, sport or dance form and that a black person who sings in a punk band/plays ice hockey/hits a mosh pit was exercising his/her freedom of choice to take an interest in that music, sport or dance form.

Ok, in plain english, i think that to label a type of behaviour as exclusively white/black/mexican/chinese/yiddish/jewish/blah is fucking retarded and that people in general (especially members of a 'wu tang' board, a group who show love to fans worldwide regardless of ethic or country of origin) shouldn't get caught up in that bullshit. But hey, that's just me.

Thoughts?
Old 05-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
Sexy Jasper
Fuck your thing

Sexy Jasper shaolin monk
Send a message via ICQ to Sexy Jasper Send a message via AIM to Sexy Jasper Send a message via MSN to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Yahoo to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Skype™ to Sexy Jasper

When I read the first couple of lines of your post I knew I was going to agree with the rest of it as well. Not a lot of people think outside of this box.

Sexy Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Dokuro
Banned

Dokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killa

i take part in all thouse things and for the most part i just gt back from a 8 day caping trip i am my own person and i dont care what people think of it the wildenes up here is great so what if poeple say im becoming more white every day
Dokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #4
Johnny 6-feet
Storyteller

Johnny 6-feet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to Johnny 6-feet

Thats fucked up^ The only way you could become 'more white everyday' would be to smear pale make up on your skin and spend all your sunlight hours in a cave.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #5
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

yeah i know what you mean man,just cause i like hip hop and do a lottle rapping myself people (who dont know me) just assume im some kind of wigger.
that really pisses me off,especially when they dont know shit about the kind of hip hop i listen to.

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #6
Sleep Sinatra
Veteran Member

Sleep Sinatra shaolin masta killaSleep Sinatra shaolin masta killaSleep Sinatra shaolin masta killaSleep Sinatra shaolin masta killaSleep Sinatra shaolin masta killaSleep Sinatra shaolin masta killaSleep Sinatra shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Sleep Sinatra Send a message via MSN to Sleep Sinatra

yea i agree wit u totally i mean shit im not even full black(1/2 hispanic) but beacuase i dont have a thick "ghetto" accent or becuase i tend 2 kick it wit mostly white or other biracial ppl other black ppl look at me as if i "try 2 act white" or even because i would rather listen 2 36 chambers then fuckin lil boosie or sum shit...i mean ppl say that theres no segragation in America but this is tha very deffenition of segragation nahmean?
Sleep Sinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:57 PM   #7
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE

TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa

its stupid
if a white dude is on sum jaime kennedy shit...so what?
dont mean dude is tryna act black....if he did he would be reckless with cops, tryna sound real smart, etc

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
morgan
Veteran Member

morgan grasshopper

its your life live it however you want innit
Old 05-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #9
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

theres nothing like acting black or what,its all about who you are,what surroundings you grew up around and what state of mind you have in life period..too many ignorant fools these days on that shit,theres is an exception tho,especially if you are lust meng

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #10
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

well I have a crew that a mix of stereotypical white to the max and black dudes with thick ghetto accents etc....and we roll deep like wool.

At the end of the day we are all having barbecued steak and potatoes with beer and watch football and baseball.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:40 PM   #11
Alcryt
the wucorp lurker

Alcryt shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap View Post
yeah i know what you mean man,just cause i like hip hop and do a lottle rapping myself people (who dont know me) just assume im some kind of wigger.
that really pisses me off,especially when they dont know shit about the kind of hip hop i listen to.
I get that too, loads of people coming up to me saying "yo homie whats up in the hood" and doing all that other stereotypical shit, thinkin im a wigger just cause i listen to hip hop, pisses me off to fuck.

Alcryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #12
adedwutang
Rap Name: SkiLLs

adedwutang grasshopper

depends where u are tho, see where im at, u dont really see color no more. we make jokes like yea wusup white boy, or here comes taco bell, and stupid shit like that. but everyone around knows what everyone else been through and what type of life it is. just bein from the neighborhood give u respect, but then ofcourse u got eccentric people, and other loud mother fuckers and thats where u get white black shit.
peace
adedwutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:24 PM   #13
CherChezLaMarauder
rabbit habits..

CherChezLaMarauder crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to CherChezLaMarauder

there's more to life than what the sorry media potrays. life is all about what's outside your front door, not what's displayed in the telelvision. stereotypes is pure ignorance in which nobody should be discouraged by. Just be you and disregard what anyone else says. That's the essence of freedom. Freedom is never having to say you're sorry and freedom is never having the obligation to give explanations. As long as you're comfortable under your own skin, you should never give 2 flying fucks what the next man thinks.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #14
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The only people I view as trying to "act black" or white etc.. are the ones that try to ridicule their own race for what are percieved as their general interests because in their mind they believe that making fun of the popular activities of their race disassociates them, making them more accepted by black people, white etc...

example: A white guy makes fun of white people for listening to rock or country and watching programs like friends and sienfeld.

In the movie White boyz it shows a perfect example of this.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man

Last edited by TAURO; 05-12-2007 at 08:39 PM.
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:31 PM   #15
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

its also about your surroundings. Me being white and hanging out with all black people, of course some the slang or whatever is going to rub off on you. And you act differently then the straight laced white people.

While i hang out with all black people, the people at my job are all white(the area im at is like 8 Mile in Detroit. One side of the tracks is the poor area, other side is the rich/upper-class area. I chill/spend most of my time in the poor area, but work in the rich/upper-class area)
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote