news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-03-2006, 07:07 AM   #631
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yes same thing thats right haha
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:45 AM   #632
bob99digi

bob99digi grasshopper

Those aliases are a pain sometimes. I've been tryin to figure out what heroes of the east was until yesterday.

Treasure Hunters - Is that also "Master of Disaster", at least thats the name on my box.

Dirty Ho - one of my fav Gordon Liu movies.
bob99digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #633
Ya_Bane
I'm The Master MingLuKhan

Ya_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaquent
...and ive actually most of my movies multiple times, beginning to end...guess i got too much spare time lol.

You have to see a movie atleast twice. If I watched a movie just one time, I really can't give it a rating. Especially when you see alot of movies, I mix them up and hardly remember what was in wich movie lol.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #634
Ya_Bane

Ya_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal son

Quote:
8 diagram is good, but i never thought it was THAT good...Lau Kar Leung has outdone himself tons of times better IMO...but i realize im the minority with that opinion.
Nah man I agree
Old 05-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #635
bob99digi

bob99digi grasshopper

8 diagram - I haven't seen this one in a while, but its always been one of my favorites.

Perhaps it would have came out better if Fu Sheng didn't die during the filiming of that movie. I wonder how different it would have been with Fu Sheng having a significant role at the end of the movie. I'm sure the plan was for him to regain his sanity and help find his brother and get revenge on the traitor. Would have been interesting...
Old 05-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #636
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

definetely. as it stands, i didnt find anything in 8 diagram that i thought he did better than in many of his other films..aside from the violence, which is rare for a lau film. it is sad about fu sheng..im sure it woulda been better if he lived. solid film overall, but its no Dirty Ho or Martial Club or Heroes of the East in my books.

has anybody seen Buddhist Fist? i rewatched it again the other day, and its definetely one of Yuen Woo Ping's best.
Elaquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #637
bob99digi

bob99digi grasshopper

I saw that movie before, I can't even remember if I own it or not. I think I had the VHS. I actually want to get Buddha Assasinator.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #638
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

Buddha Assassinator is underrated as hell...its the same crew who worked on hell's windstaff...Meng Hoi stars in this along with hwang jang lee and chin yuet sang...choreography by my mans Corey Yuen and chin yuet sang...the endfight is unbelievable! great fights in this one...good story...probably the last classic kung fu film ive seen that completely caught me off guard. - 4.5
Old 05-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #639
bob99digi

bob99digi grasshopper

Quote:
Buddha Assassinator is underrated as hell...its the same crew who worked on hell's windstaff...Meng Hoi stars in this along with hwang jang lee and chin yuet sang...choreography by my mans Corey Yuen and chin yuet sang...the endfight is unbelievable! great fights in this one...good story...probably the last classic kung fu film ive seen that completely caught me off guard. - 4.5
Dammit, yeah, I want to pick this movie up. Haven't bought a movie in about 2 months now. Hell's windstaff I liked, i have/had it on vhs, I think its subtitled though. Is there a english dubbed version?

O, and heres a link to that Kuo Chui interview where he talks about chiang sheng.

http://www.blackbelttheater.com/kuo-int.html

I found that link on this Chiang Sheng memorial page....

http://www.alliancemartialarts.com/C...iangSheng.html

And heres a Lo Meng interview that is also linked in that memorial page...

http://changcheh.0catch.com/meng-int.htm

Old stuff, but still good reads if you never read those interviews. I didn't realize they venoms choreographed (or worked on) that Dru Hill video where they were doin kung fu or somethin. I don't actually remember seeing the video, i'm not into R&B like that, but interesting to know.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:15 PM   #640
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

7 grandmasters is the shit

shaolin challenges ninja is maybe the weakest gordon liu joint ive seen yet

there IS a dubbed version of 'hells windstaff', but i dont know where youd find it

ima cop 'buddha assassinator'
whats 'dirty ho'?
i might have already seen it but these film titles are confusin me
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:22 PM   #641
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

what??? shaolin challenges ninja the weakest gordon liu film???? not a chance...haha to each his own...i still strongly believe its his best film..glad u liked 7 grandmasters..teh weapons fight is the best.

yeah there is a dubbed version of hells windstaff...its actually been harder for me to find a subbed version ironically...

dirty ho...directed by Liu Chia Liang starring gordon liu, lo lieh, wang lung wei and wong yue. probably lau kar leung's most 'creative' film...theres 3 or 4 of those "fights in disguise" if u know what i mean. the finale features one of the best tag team kung fu fighting ive ever seen. i dont kno of any alternate titles.

hey bob99digi, thanx for those links, i hadnt seen the lo meng one b4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

my film list..

My list of films..mind you, these are the films I have on me, ive got lots of films (not listed here) either coming in the mail, on my comp, or I lent them out to friends. Lots of other films ive seen at one point that I don’t own, or that i traded away...which is y very few of my films i would consider "bad" either.

Spooky encounters… 4.5
Royal warriors…4
Once upon a time in china…4.5
Once upon a time in china 2…4.5
36th chamber of shaolin…5.5
ninja in the dragons den…5
danny the dog aka unleashed…5
fist of the double k…4
kung fu stars…1.5
master of the flying guillotine…4.5
hells windstaff…4
transporter…4
transporter 2…3
magnificent butcher…5
black mask…4
drunken tai chi…4.5
dynamo…3
tai chi master…4
new legend of shaolin…4
master of tai chi…5
drunken master…5.5
Buddhist fist…5.5
In the line of duty 4…4
Secret rivals…3.5
Secret rivals 2…4
Heroes among heroes…3.5
My young auntie…3
My father is a hero…5
Return of the Chinese boxer…4
Holy robe of shaolin…3.5
Monkey kung fu aka stroke of death…4
The duel…4
Kill bill 1 and 2…4
7 grandmasters…5.5
hitman…4
last hero in china…3.5
snake crane secret…3.5
shaolin and wutang..4
duel at tiger vally…3.5
kungfu the headcrusher…3.5
iron fisted monk…4
return to the 36th chamber…4
knockabout…5
shaolin vs ninja…3.5
iron monkey (77)…4.5
iron monkey…5.5
young master…4.5
fantasy mission force…1.5
36 crazy fists…3
godfathers daughter mafia blues…4
avenging quartet..2.5
3 evil masters..4
5 fingers of death…5.5
ong bak...4
tom yum goong...4
when tae kwan do strikes…4
broken oath…4
warriors two…5
shaolin king boxer…4
sleeping fist…3.5
thundering mantis…3.5
kiss of the dragon…4
fist and guts…2.5
5 venoms…4
bodyguard from Beijing…4
mystery of chessboxing…5
prodigal son…5.5
hero…4
shaolin vs lama…4
warrior from shaolin…3.5
the heroes aka wu tang clan…4.5
drive…4.5
gerd ma lui…4.5
gerd ma lui 3…4.5
snake in the eagles shadow…5
police story…5.5
police story 2…5
police story 3 aka supercop…3.5
new police story…4
incredible kung fu master…4
fearless…5
dreadnaught…4.5
fearless dragons…4
drunken master 2…5.5
dirty ho…5
kid with the golden arms..5
wing chun…4.5
red wolf…4
snuff bottle connection..4
in the line of duty 3…3
enter the eagles…3.5
death games…4.5
license to steal…5.5
green hornet…3.5
punch to revenge…3
invincible armour…4.5
fong sai yuk…4.5
boxer from shantung…5
crouching tiger hidden dragon…4.5
matrix…5
matrix reloaded…4
matrix revolutions…3.5
odd couple…4
pedicab driver…5
tiger cage 2…5.5
righting wrongs…5.5
SPL aka Sha Po Lang…4.5
Martial club…4.5
Yes, madam!…4
The loot…5.5
Heroes of the wild…4
Descendant of wing chun..4
Martial arts of shaolin…4
Dance of the drunk mantis…5
Mad monkey kung fu…4
Clan of the white lotus…4.5
The victim….6 (cant stress how good this film is)
Heroes of the east…5
World of drunken master…3.5
Executioners from shaolin…4.5
Rebellious reign…5
Crippled avengers…4
Dragons forever…5.5
My lucky stars…3.5
New fist of fury…3
Big boss…4.5
Fist of fury…5.5
Way of the dragon…4.5
Enter the dragon….3
Game of death…3.5 (yes, that’s right, I think its better than enter the dragon…enter the dragon in my opinion is the worlds most overrated movie…not a bad film, but theres TONS of better films…plus, game of death had way better fighting)
Fist of legend…5.5
Cantonen iron kung fu…3.5
Street fighter…4
Return of the street fighter..4.5
Street fighter’s last revenge…3.5
Sister street fighter…3
Shogun’s ninja….3
Lone wolf and cub…5.5
Lady snowblood…5.5
Mortal kombat…4
Mortal kombat annihilation…2.5
Shaolin chastity kung fu…1.5
Incredible kung fu mission…4.5
Buddha assassinator…4.5
Born invincible…4
Legend of a fighter…5.5
Shaolin drunkard…4*
Miracle fighters…4*
The one…3
Kung fu punch of death…4
Blind fist of bruce…3
Shaolin mantis…4
8 diagram pole fighter…4
twins effect…3
house of fury…3.5
long step mantis…3.5
dragon force operation…3
she shoots straight…4
women on the run…3.5
bloody fight…2.5
my kung fu 12 kicks…3

all the films I have on my shelf…I know that im missing at least 20 or 30…

there u go.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:54 AM   #642
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

nice list
i only got about 50 films so far
and 7 grandmasters is sumthing of a revelation, every kuo flick i see is dope
but im gonna have to cop some yuen woo ping shits soon
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:04 AM   #643
Ya_Bane

I love Dirty Ho. The number of KF-flix with a stain of comedy that is actually FUNNY can be counted on one hand. And Dirty Ho is my first finger. Return of 36th actually got it's funny moments too if I remember it correctly.

Some comments

Shaolin Challenges Ninja - Great storyline, and great fights, and Liu Chia Hui, of course.. But I can't give it a 5. I think it's because that damn wife of Gordon. OMG I just want to rip her head of sometimes...

7 grandmasters is great, but the fact that the kid (Lee I-min) becomes stronger than his master (who is the second greatest fighter in the world) just like that... Nah man, I always hate that.

Iron Monkey - Did you mix them up, or do you really think the new one is better than the -77 version? The one with Chen Kuan Tai is a straight 5 (or 5.5) for me. I love it.

Enter the dragon - Hugely overrated, just as just about all Bruce Lee movies..
Old 05-04-2006, 09:02 AM   #644
bob99digi

bob99digi grasshopper

Elequent - nice list, hopefully i'll write mine down over the weekend and post it up monday. I know what you mean about movies lost, i've lost many of the films I started with, which were mainly the more popular films. Luckily they were all vhs mainly and would be replaced with dvds anyway. Man, just thinking about some of my lost titles (kung fu instructor, wutang vs shaolin, masked avengers, abbot of shaolin, ...... man, on and on.)

Heres another good link for all buying kung-fu films, this is the master list, the release dates or planned release dates for SB films...

http://www.asiandvdguide.com/shaw_brothers.html

Dirty Ho - one of my favorite films. I like films that are just straight blood baths, I like films that have interesting or creative fight scenes, and this has a few of those.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:19 AM   #645
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

"nice list
i only got about 50 films so far
and 7 grandmasters is sumthing of a revelation, every kuo flick i see is dope
but im gonna have to cop some yuen woo ping shits soon"

hopefully uve got the media blasters copy of 7 grand..a gorgeous widescreen print with the english dub adn the mandarin. i truly love that film. i love those yuen woo ping films...hes my #1 fav martial arts director...hes showed more consistency over the years than anybody, includign liu chia liang. heres a few YWP classics (IMO)

Snake in the Eagles Shadow
Drunken Master
Buddhist Fist
Dance of the Drunk Mantis
Legend of a Fighter
Secret Rivals 2 (as action director)
Born Invincible (as action director)
Tiger Cage 2
In the Line of Duty 4
Iron Monkey
Once Upon a Time in China 2 (as action director)
Tai Chi Master
Wing Chun
Fist of Legend (as action director)

"I love Dirty Ho. The number of KF-flix with a stain of comedy that is actually FUNNY can be counted on one hand. And Dirty Ho is my first finger. Return of 36th actually got it's funny moments too if I remember it correctly."

personally, im not a big fan of liu chia liang's style of comedy..but dirty ho was really good..on all levels. tight plot, characters, comedy, and fights. best scene: gordon liu's "wine tasting fight" with wang lung wei. nearly creamed my pants the first time i saw it lol.

"Iron Monkey - Did you mix them up, or do you really think the new one is better than the -77 version? The one with Chen Kuan Tai is a straight 5 (or 5.5) for me. I love it."

i didnt mix them up. i dont really look at them as 'better' or 'worse', cuz of 2 reasons...1/ theyre really 2 completely different films (the new one aint a remake), and 2/ one was made 16 years later. i dont like comparing films from 2 different eras. 3/ iron monkey was the first non bruce lee HK movie i ever saw..its always going to stay close to me. i kno some cats hate wires, but i dont mind them, and that movie is easily the best 'wire-fu' movie out there. donnie yen is ace in that film. i love the 77 version too, but theyre really 2 different experiences. i compare oldskool films with other oldskool films, 80s with 80s and 90s films with 90s. regardless..both films kick ass.

thanx bob99digi..thanx for that asiandvdguide..itll be useful to all the SB collectors out there.

after looking at 100proofs list on the first page, i found a bunch of films i forgot to list oh here, maybe i'll go back later and add more to the list.