news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-25-2006, 10:43 AM   #736
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

yeah, Shaolin Temple is an SB classic....all of Chang Cheh's shaolin films in the mid 70s are classics. if u liked that, u should check out 5 Shaolin Masters if u havent already.
Elaquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:30 PM   #737
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaquent
yeah, Shaolin Temple is an SB classic....all of Chang Cheh's shaolin films in the mid 70s are classics. if u liked that, u should check out 5 Shaolin Masters if u havent already.
just checked it out on IMDB
good recomendation
similar cast
ima buy this and heroes aka wu tang clan next

ive got '5 fingers of death' through the post today this is sposed to be a classic, i heard nuthin but good things about it

EDIT: is this film by directed by Chang Cheh?
it says Chang Hwa Jeong aka Chang Ho Cheng
he has a different resume on IMDB?

Last edited by ShaDynasty; 05-25-2006 at 03:35 PM.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #738
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

5 Fingers of Death is the shit. just remember it was made in 1971 and not 1980, so the choreography is 'slower' and less complex...but i love this movie. it was actually the 1st kung fu movie to get released in the US...BEFORE bruce lee.

btw, when researching kung fu flix, the last place u should check is IMDB. theres tons of mistakes in there. those name u listed could be aka's, im not sure, but both films were definetely directed by Chang Che. 5 shaolin masters is i think a sequel to shaolin temple. also check out Men from the Monestary and Shaolin Martial Arts. all of those films are CC's shaolin line of films in teh mid 70s. not sure the order...but i know that 5 shaolin masters begins where shaolin temple left off.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:37 PM   #739
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"5 shaolin masters is i think a sequel to shaolin temple"

this is true
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:32 PM   #740
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

im broke as fuck from buying all this shit
just bought a buncha other films, but ima get them like i said
ill post the other shit ive got later, and do proper reviews

right now ima watch 'the prodigal son'
review later, but im sure everyone here already has it
Old 05-26-2006, 09:10 PM   #741
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

right now ima watch 'the prodigal son'

very good movie

i just got brave archer 2, 3, 4
and
avenging eagle and

haha

return of the master killer ..again....cuz my copy was fucked up
Old 05-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #742
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

Prodigal Son - 5/5
definetly a classic, the humour never gets in the way of the story or the fights
and the main characters were very charismatic, Yuen Biao really made the most of his role.
i was surpsised that the master was an ....ahem 'lady impersonator', but then he also learnt from sammo towards the end.
also Wei Pai (Snake Venom) makes an appearance as a womanizing opera star.
this film really impressed me
im lookin to get some more Sammo Hung/Ching Ying Lam/Yuen Biao flicks
any recomendations?
Old 05-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #743
Ghost Deini
Stark Enterprises

Ghost Deini shaolin monk

Prodigal Sun is ILL, definitely nice pickup. I'd recommend the Sammo directed Warriors Two and also Dreadnaught starrting Yuen Biao. Both nice films.

"We don't need no diamond rings
All we need is a drum like
Fuck it, he can rhyme, I'll sing"
Ghost Deini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 04:01 PM   #744
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

Duel To The Death - 4.5/5
this fu flick is of the swordplay variety about a battle between the chinese and japanese held every 10 years.
one guy is from shaolin temple, and is portrayed as the good guy
while the japanese samurai battles to the death
the battle takes place at the holy swordhouse, but the master wants fame and glory, so he and the japanese abduct chinas top fighters
his daughter dies tragically after being made to fight
anywayz, the title is appropriate
the effects are surprisingly good, considering it was made in 1982
actually, i think it could hold up quite well alongside the more modern films that have a similar feel (House Of Flying Daggers, Hero etc)
enjoyable to watch, but not amazing

Last edited by ShaDynasty; 05-27-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #745
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

"Sammo Hung/Ching Ying Lam/Yuen Biao "

u'll notice that none of the 3 actually starred in very many films in the late 70s/ early 80s. sammo usually played bit parts, but spent most of the time behind the camera. yuen biao and lam ching ying are on his stunt team helping to choreograph. as far as bigger roles:

sammo:
iron fisted monk
warriors two
prodigal son
knockabout
magnificent butcher
pedicab driver
dragons forever
wheels on meals
the victim (must have)

lam ching ying:
magnificent butcher (gets just one fight)
prodigal son
mr vampire

yuen biao:
dreadnaught
knockabout
prodigal son
dragons forever
wheels on meals
righting wrongs
magnificent butcher

thanx for the duel to the death review
Old 05-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #746
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

LOL
Old 05-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #747
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

hes the man!
Old 05-29-2006, 07:49 AM   #748
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

4 Assassins - 4.2/5
good film, nice training scenes, and the final fight was spectacular
great cast too
good plot twistin the history books, with marco eventually realizing the error of his ways
thought it was great

Return to the 36 Chambers - 4.4/5
i seen it before but its still a good one
dont think he would have learnt THAT much kung fu from building scaffolding though
liu chia hui is always a good actor and the fight at the end is quality
Rooftop style!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #749
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

return to the 36th was great, i just wish there were a few more fights in the beginning and middle....none of the real action starts until the end. but u can never go wrong with gordon liu vs my man johnny wang lung wei
Old 05-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #750
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

update: brave archer 2....2.8

2nd weakest venom flick...
fights are minamal
it follws the story as the first..but only like 4 fight...not that great
the sceans a choppy

i got the 3rd one and that supposd to be the best out of the 4

haha

peace