news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 06-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #766
BlissfulIgnorance
_gillie_

BlissfulIgnorance grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to BlissfulIgnorance

you guys basically named all of them but i dont think i saw

Drunken Tai Chi----------------------4.5
Iron Monkey--------------------------4.5
Old 06-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #767
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

Drunken Tai Chi is tops...one of my favourite Yuen Woo Ping joints
Elaquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #768
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaquent
just watched a good version of Fearless with proper subtitles

9/10 - jets best period film next to fist of legend IMO
great Yuen Woo Ping choreography and plot.
thanks, you just convinced me to download it. it's supposed to come out in august by the way:

The legendary fighter, Huo Yuanjia, was born a feeble child but he has never been short of fighting spirit. Twenty years later, Yuanjia now runs his family’s martial arts school. As a teacher, the most important lesson Yuanjia teaches his students is the one that rules his life: All actions must uphold his family’s reputation. As a fighter, he yearns to become the Champion of Tianjin. Only one man stands in his way - a ruthless fighter called Qin Lei. One day, Yuanjia returns from a trip to find his apprentice brutally maimed by Qin Lei. Blind rage fills Yuanjia’s body as he issues a hostile challenge to Qin - a fight to the death. When the fight brings devastating tragedy, Yuanjia finds that he must abandon everything he once believed to be true. Escaping deep into the heart of China, Yuanjia discovers the real meaning of martial arts. What he does not know is that soon, he must face a battle that’s going to demand more spirit and courage than any he has ever known.

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 06:29 PM   #769
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaquent
for shaolin-jackie, check out Shaolin Wooden Men. its my fav pre-Snake In the Eagles Shadow jackie film ive seen. jackie plays a mute and only has like 5 lines in the whole film!

www.hkflix.com is a good place to get movies...great selection, but some films are on the pricey side.
yo elaquent
my ban is up!
yay!

ima cop this movie

i got these films today:
young master
magnificent butcher
world of drunken master (by joseph kuo, lookin forward to this the most)

watched snake in the eagles shadow (5/5) this week
i thought it topped drunken master, but theyre both classics
ima need more yuen siu tien joints
hes the funniest guy ever!
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:24 PM   #770
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

haha, glad to hear that man

"i got these films today:
young master
magnificent butcher
world of drunken master (by joseph kuo, lookin forward to this the most)"

out of those 3, world of drunken master is actually the weakest one. its not a bad film...but the story is pretty dull at times and quite confusing..but the fights are solid. not quite a classic, but a film worth seeing and owning i think. young master is a great film, Jackie's 3rd best oldskool film IMO, but which version did u get? if ur version features the old school english dub, just know that its HEAVILY cut...ie like 15 minutes cut. if u can, track down the Fox/Fortune Star dvd, its uncut. all of the fights have been cut in the oldskool english dub version..make sure u get the Fox disc if u dont already. Magnificent Butcher is easily the best of the 3 IMO...this is Sammo Hung's best film in terms of showcasing his skills...that man is agile like u wouldnt believe, and can do just about anything jackie and yuen biao can do..in addition to him and a stellar cast, its directed and co-choreographed by my man Yuen Woo Ping, so u can expect top notch fight scenes. i really liked the story too. ur definetely in for a treat with Young Master and Magnificent Butcher. World of Drunken Master is a fine film, i'd give it maybe 3.5...Young Master gets a 4.5 or a 5 from me, and Magnificent Butcher gets a 5.5 from me.

personally i liked Drunken Master more than Snake in the Eagles Shadow...for a number of reasons, but theyre both certifiable classics..both 5.5 films. Simon Yuen Siu Tien is real cool...if u liked him in Drunken Master..check out Dance of the Drunk Mantis..directed by his son, Yuen Woo Ping, starring his other son, Yuen Shun Yi, and it also features Hwang Jang Lee in an awesome villain role, Corey Yuen Kwai in a rare acting role, and Yen Shi Kwan. fight scenes top Drunken Master, and i think its a fantastic film..one of my fav YWP joints. no jackie tho...its actually Yuen Woo Ping's Drunken Master sequel...but no Jackie/Wong Fei Hung this time around.

anyways, for more Yuen Siu Tien, check out Dance of the Drunk Mantis and Sleeping Fist (starring Leung Kar Yan).
Old 06-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #771
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

haha i liked sleeping fist

it was in the wutang collection
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #772
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100pr00f
haha i liked sleeping fist

it was in the wutang collection
whats it about?

im gettin frusty at the moment, cos i bought like 15 dvds off this guy on ebay, that was 2 weeks ago, im sure hell come through but im mad impatient

what did yall think of 'ol dirty kung fu' this is the first jiznoint i saw with yuen siu tien, id give it 4.3/5
Old 06-08-2006, 03:02 PM   #773
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

sleeping fist is something like drunkken style ..just that he is sleepy falling down into thier fist attacking the othe guy

has that same guy fron drunken master
the one with the red nose

haha
its a ok flick..
i liked it..cus i like the main guy

i gave it a 4
Old 06-09-2006, 01:26 PM   #774
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

World Of Drunken Master - 4/5
i thought it was great, the cast of mystery of chessboxing including Ghostfaced Killer, some dope, but standard fighting
and a decent plot about 2 kung fu masters avenging their master 30 years after his death
joseph kuo is a legend

also, i was surprised that its sampled on one of my favorite songs KMD's 'Sweet Premium Wine'
anyone into KMD?
Old 06-10-2006, 09:25 PM   #775
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

just got 4 new flicks

bells of death
7 man army
death chamber..aka shaolin temple
dragon fight...jet li

update....dragon fight

the last in my jet collection now i have all

it was a good flick
2 langs..eng and chinese
story was ok ...the presnt time in the movie was the 80's...some good fight sceans. a real young jet li fighting ..the fights were pretty good reminded me of shalion temple the jet li version

hah

i gave it a 4...since im a big jet fan

peace
Old 06-10-2006, 09:27 PM   #776
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

damn never mind still got one more..its his weakest one so i heard..melt down

the only jet flick i dont have...yet

haha

peace
Old 06-11-2006, 01:30 PM   #777
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

meltdown aka = High Risk

Wong Jing directed it, so be warned....the fight scenes are pretty good (choreographed by Corey Yuen), but there are too few of them. be warned, this really is more of a Jackie Cheung film...this film is actually Wong Jing's cheapshot/jab at Jackie Chan after the two had a falling out on the set of City Hunter. they make fun of Jackie quite a bit in the film. gets no higher than a 3/5 from me. i dont think its as bad as Dr. Wai, but its one of his weaker films for sure.

Sleeping Fist is a good flick...very Drunken Master inspired. Leung Kar Yan is awesome as usual.

i'd give World of Drunken Master a 4...but ig ets MAD slow in the middle of the movie...almost fell asleep a few times. otherwise, its solid. because of that, im droppin the score to 3.5

Dragon Fight is solid...probably one of the last time in Jet Li did his own stunts in his career b4 he fucked up his back and started using stunt doubles for everything. good 80s kickboxing film.

7 man army is a solid WW2 flick, and shaolin temple is pretty good if u like 5 shaolin masters. i hear bells of death is an amazing late 60s/early 70s wuxia flick.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:48 PM   #778
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

YEAH IMA COP 'BELLS OF DEATH'
Young Master gets 3.5/5 i respect that jackie put the whole film together hisself, but choreography wasn't great imo, story was aiight, some parts were very funny, certainly not as good as drunken master or snake in the eagles shadow

Magnificent Butcher - 4.5/5
in relation to Prodigal Son, its not as good
its better than kung fu master tho, and overall a very nice film with some fun training scenes and bits of humorous dialogue
the fighting was classic shit
def one to watch again

aiyyo elaquent, you never post on the other forums, how come?
Old 06-11-2006, 06:55 PM   #779
ERN-DAWGY
SHADOWHAND ASSASIN

ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ERN-DAWGY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ERN-DAWGY

one of my fav's is INCREDIBLE KUNG-FU MASTER must see this shit its wicked
ERN-DAWGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #780
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

"Young Master gets 3.5/5 i respect that jackie put the whole film together hisself, but choreography wasn't great imo, story was aiight, some parts were very funny, certainly not as good as drunken master or snake in the eagles shadow"

did u see the uncut version? if u did, then u should know that ALL the fights are butchered quite a bit...im talkin minutes chopped off..especially the finale. if ur copy features the oldskool english dub..its heavily cut. i think that its not quite as good as his films with YWP (SITES and DM), but its almost there. the choreography is brilliant IMO, on par with the best of the best at the time.

to answer ur question, i post in the audio board sometimes...and a few topics in the movie board if ive seen them..i guess i should post around more often, but i guess i luv discussing kung fu films the most.